International News Covid-19 .....

To say I am pissed off today is an understatement. What part of lockdown or stay at home do people not understand?

On my post round today I saw a group of 7 adults walking in the countryside together. You're not telling me they are all one family/under one roof. The amount of people I saw today was probably 4 to 5 times more than I have seen in one day since the lock down began.

I had my 5 year old daughter tell me yesterday I shouldn't go to work because of the virus. They are scared their dad is going to work because they know everyone has to stay at home. By more and more people not listening to the government guidelines is not only putting themselves at risk but they are also putting people like myself and my family at risk.

I am sorry if that sounds selfish but seeing the amount of people out and about because it is a nice day and a lot of them not adhering to the social distances rules has really angered me.

Talk about politicians not answering the question tabled.
They say a day is a long tome in politics.
You post a video from 4 weeks ago (the 7th March) and use that as evidence that the government are indirectly curtailing the activities of food distribution and retail of same-in April.
I believe it is on record ( Kantar) that the month of March was the busiest since records began, with many stores up over 100%.
Again I ask, how is this government causing the above industry to fail ?
I think you are getting confused because
(a) I haven't posted a video of four weeks ago and (b) I haven't said the government is causing the above industries to fail! At best I've said it hasn't helped by putting out falsehood that waste time.

You're just like the government, making it up as you go along.

• React
Reactions: Ian
To say I am pissed off today is an understatement. What part of lockdown or stay at home do people not understand?

On my post round today I saw a group of 7 adults walking in the countryside together. You're not telling me they are all one family/under one roof. The amount of people I saw today was probably 4 to 5 times more than I have seen in one day since the lock down began.

I had my 5 year old daughter tell me yesterday I shouldn't go to work because of the virus. They are scared their dad is going to work because they know everyone has to stay at home. By more and more people not listening to the government guidelines is not only putting themselves at risk but they are also putting people like myself and my family at risk.

I am sorry if that sounds selfish but seeing the amount of people out and about because it is a nice day and a lot of them not adhering to the social distances rules has really angered me.
You're right.

My afternoon commute on Monday was significantly busier than the week before.

Selfish people everywhere!

On my drive home from work I saw a lot more people out today, been driving through the centre of Wokingham (which I never normally do but the traffic is so light now) and it has been like a ghost town until today and the nicer weather. The whole way home seemed a lot more people in slightly larger groups.

You do wonder what it will be like in a few weeks when the weather is nice and people are genuinely getting bored of this.

On my drive home from work I saw a lot more people out today, been driving through the centre of Wokingham (which I never normally do but the traffic is so light now) and it has been like a ghost town until today and the nicer weather. The whole way home seemed a lot more people in slightly larger groups.

You do wonder what it will be like in a few weeks when the weather is nice and people are genuinely getting bored of this.

It will be the same people who will moan when the government have no choice but to extend the lock down and enforce stricter rules because people cant be trusted to just do what they are told.

It will be the same people who will moan when the government have no choice but to extend the lock down and enforce stricter rules because people cant be trusted to just do what they are told.

I think that will happen very soon anyway, out of nowhere my work gave me a letter today to keep in my car explaining that I come under key worker status, did make me wonder if they had been tipped off about something happening soon.

• React
Reactions: Ian

still relatively quiet in the shadow of the JR on the roads .... local co-op have floor markings & arrows , sadly several people in the shop ( which is a glorified cornershop/mini market) seemed to not be capable of the one way system set out by co-op, nor seemed to think that the 2m spacer lines on the floor, also provided by the co op, applied to them. As for the family of 5 (him, her & 3 young kids), the kids were running around the small shop, should perhaps be a rule to keep em on leads, or they stay outside with one parent while the other shops? .... meanwhile, outside the now shut chippy, a group of 6 eastern European teenagers/ young adults were sat/ sprawled across the pavement in close proximity to each other passing round cans of cheap lager and sharing ciggies! social distancing ? doubt they know what it means?

* edit I could've posted the above in covidiots thread

• React
Reactions: QR
Teachers have received the same letters here...

Many cars on the roads with people taking their blinkin' dog for a walk!!! They can walk their dog from home!!! Some seem to be driving to sports pitches to let their dogs do their business...

Then there are reports of people traveling to shops to browse furnishings and fragrances...

Others, are shopping daily....

It's all very frustrating!!!

We should be seeing far fewer cars on our roads.

It’s clear to see that this thread is following the pattern of the Brexit thread.
Those posters with a leaning to the “red” side will only post eloquently written negatives based on there political bias and believe absolutely nothing of what the “blue” ruling party have to say.
And by default disbelieve anything that the Chief Medical/Scientific Officers have to say.

Our government is neither blue er red, it's simply incompetent.

A government formed by other parties would possibly be little different as political parties don't attract the best minds, and the public hove no interest in the intellect of those they choose to represent them, and to make critical decisions.

The problems we face now is the widely accepted ideology of the private sector motivating people to work harder and make better decisions... This is a nonsense, but few challenge it.

The NHS has been stripped of capacity for a decade. No amount of applause can rectify this.

still relatively quiet in the shadow of the JR on the roads .... local co-op have floor markings & arrows , sadly several people in the shop ( which is a glorified cornershop/mini market) seemed to not be capable of the one way system set out by co-op, nor seemed to think that the 2m spacer lines on the floor, also provided by the co op, applied to them. As for the family of 5 (him, her & 3 young kids), the kids were running around the small shop, should perhaps be a rule to keep em on leads, or they stay outside with one parent while the other shops? .... meanwhile, outside the now shut chippy, a group of 6 eastern European teenagers/ young adults were sat/ sprawled across the pavement in close proximity to each other passing round cans of cheap lager and sharing ciggies! social distancing ? doubt they know what it means?

* edit I could've posted the above in covidiots thread

My wife, who is an ITU Sister at the JR got verbally abused by 3 Eastern Europeans in our local park earlier this evening when she was taking our dog for a small walk (after a 9 hour shift). They displayed no apparent intent to practise Social Distancing lounging all over the play equipment. She challenged them and was told to f**k off. Good job I wasn't there. Well. I will be tomorrow night... Utter C**ts.

Definitely more cars driving through our village than this time last week, and with more occupants than previously.

Clearly a change in the public’s behaviour to the lockdown in my view.

I think you are getting confused because
(a) I haven't posted a video of four weeks ago and (b) I haven't said the government is causing the above industries to fail! At best I've said it hasn't helped by putting out falsehood that waste time.

You're just like the government, making it up as you go along.
Apologies.
You didn’t post The Independent article of 7th March and video of the SOS for health.
Your post however appears to reflect the out of date content.

Definitely more cars driving through our village than this time last week, and with more occupants than previously.

I start the Third week of (Spanish) lock down tomorrow. From my perspective the UK government seems to have got it dangerously wrong. Lock down must mean lock down. And lock down it is not. I have just received as I write a message from our local Gardia Civil. As from 12pm No vehicles in or out of our village. All access roads in/out are policed. We have to stay in doors. Its the Law.

OUFCX

More people about here. Time to crack down on movement*.

* I speak as a privileged person 5 minutes from a rarely deserted beach, which is currently a desert joy.

Apologies.
You didn’t post The Independent article of 7th March and video of the SOS for health.
Your post however appears to reflect the out of date content.
Appology accepted. I'm only telling it as I see it. If people agreed on everything there would be little point in this forum.

yeah noticed that too..have seen a few cars going past with 4/5 occupants mostly Adult..The problem is things have been very ambiguous and our health secretary spoke yesterday advising it's not a problem to drive somewhere to take a walk so certain people appear to be using that to their advantage.
There are also other ways to get food other than traditional supermarkets/takeaways etc without leaving the house.it really is not difficult.

I think that will happen very soon anyway, out of nowhere my work gave me a letter today to keep in my car explaining that I come under key worker status, did make me wonder if they had been tipped off about something happening soon.
My wife was given one on day 3, so probably not (the tipping off that is, not the chance of tighter travel restrictions)....

Back
Top Bottom