International News Covid-19 .....

Only once a day though. The impression I get is that people are treating it like they are on holiday, and just carrying on as if nothing has happened.
Yes once a day, same as dog walking etc. I doubt anyone is going out for 2 runs in a day, runners don't tend to do that.

I’ve been a bit out of the loop today. Have today’s figures been released for UK positive cases and deaths? Normally they’re released around 1600-1700.
28 todayvup to 465 in total
Down a lot and now significantly less than Italy numbers

I can’t believe the volume of traffic out there today. Left work from Reading at 10:30am and saw loads of cars and lorries on M4 and A34. Plenty of fitness freaks too jogging around Didcot. Unbelievable!
There are going to be loads of lorrys round. We have to eat...

I can’t believe the volume of traffic out there today. Left work from Reading at 10:30am and saw loads of cars and lorries on M4 and A34. Plenty of fitness freaks too jogging around Didcot. Unbelievable!
There is nothing at all wrong with joggers. Keep 2 metres away and one bit of exercise a day is pretty clear instructions?

They reacted terribly and we reacted worse still. We are exactly 14 days behind where they are now in terms of daily death count and it’s still at least 2-4 weeks off peaking for them. Which means it’s 4-6 weeks for us. Minimum.

View attachment 3220

Facts and evidence tell us the truth. I once again ask people to use their eyes, not their ears. The age of propaganda has failed us all. Time for us all to go back to reality and drop this “I believe the things I want to believe and that makes it real” mentality that has been so encouraged in recent years

Stay safe.
So day 25 and the UK is now running at 50% of the Italian deaths at the same stage.
Still awful and it could get a lot worse but the trajectory seems to be different.
Much worse is to come undoubtedly, but hopefully at least the trends are different.

There is nothing at all wrong with joggers. Keep 2 metres away and one bit of exercise a day is pretty clear instructions?
Seems to be a “that’s my space” mentality with many joggers.
Also lots of reports of inconsiderate runners not respecting safe distancing.

Seems to be a “that’s my space” mentality with many joggers.
I'd say that walkers are the main problem, either walking up the middle of paths, or walking 2 abreast. It's not hard, wLk to one side. And idiots with dogs on extending leads paying no attention to their surroundings.

• React
Reactions: m
I'd say that walkers are the main problem, either walking up the middle of paths, or walking 2 abreast. It's not hard, wLk to one side. And idiots with dogs on extending leads paying no attention to their surroundings.

If you run past someone on a path you are not six feet from them though, unless you have some very wide paths round your way?

If you run past someone on a path you are not six feet from them though, unless you have some very wide paths round your way?
If its not wide enough to move to one side when walking for a runner to go past, its not wide enough to pass another walker going the other way. A six foot wide path is pretty common, plenty of room to pass if everyone moves to the sides.

If its not wide enough to move to one side when walking for a runner to go past, its not wide enough to pass another walker going the other way. A six foot wide path is pretty common, plenty of room to pass if everyone moves to the sides.

Strictly speaking the gap should be six foot, not the path, so for two people to pass safely the path needs to be 6ft plus the width of two pairs of shoulders, so near to ten feet, I doubt that’s the average path width.

Strictly speaking the gap should be six foot, not the path, so for two people to pass safely the path needs to be 6ft plus the width of two pairs of shoulders, so near to ten feet, I doubt that’s the average path width.
So two walkers shouldn't be passing then, or does it only apply to runners?

People running are pedestrians, and have as much rights to the pathways as those who walk. Both groups have dicks who don't abide by the rules, or are unaware of their surroundings.

So two walkers shouldn't be passing then, or does it only apply to runners?

People running are pedestrians, and have as much rights to the pathways as those who walk. Both groups have dicks who don't abide by the rules, or are unaware of their surroundings.

On narrow paths nobody should be passing I suppose if you are strict about, when I walk my dog if I see an elderly person I cross the road, only fair.

On narrow paths nobody should be passing I suppose if you are strict about, when I walk my dog if I see an elderly person I cross the road, only fair.
When I'm out running I do the same, I cross the road if I see anyone in front of me who I don't think I can give a wide swerve around, and today I ran up the middle of the road (a benefit of fewer cars being around) as people were walking 3 abreast down paths. Mostly though people were alert and keeping to the sides.

I have deliberately chosen a route where I do have wide paths, a lot of them around here are easily 6 foot wide with grass verges probably another couple of feet wide, so a lot of room if you plan a route beforehand.

The same goes for anyone out walking a dog, keep to wide areas and keep alert, there is room for us all.

There may well have been an underlying health problems. I assume so even if it wasn't known.

Hopefully (although clearly awful for the family in this case obviously) otherwise it opens up whole new possibilities, none of them good.

As far as getting exercise goes, I've got a pedaling device which sits on the floor. You literally sit on your sofa and just pedal it with your feet. You can also put it on your lap and use your arms to pedal it. I've got good muscles in my lower legs and arms. It works a treat. Not bad for £25 quid.

Last edited:
Has anyone checked on Jamie Mackie?

His family must be fed up of the shirt tugging at lunch time, the chirping when he someone spills a drink and general excitement in the household. A cure for COVID-19 can't come soon enough.

After all. There are only so many times he can go on the naughty step...

Back
Top Bottom