International News Covid-19 .....

Lol - Scomo gets highlighted as doing something better than bojo in that article. That’s a poor state of affairs for Britain, given that Scomo’s main principle is that “we will get through this by being Australian and doing what Australians do”.

Like this:

Also, the third graphic down on https://www.covid19data.com.au/ allows you to select and compare “confirmed cases” in different countries/regions.
Interesting.
So from my reading at the same stage UK 4k cases Italy 8k and Spain 18k.
So some quite significant variances.
It will be interesting to see how this and if course this may well not be an apples for apples comparison.

They reacted terribly and we reacted worse still. We are exactly 14 days behind where they are now in terms of daily death count and it’s still at least 2-4 weeks off peaking for them. Which means it’s 4-6 weeks for us. Minimum.

View attachment 3220

Facts and evidence tell us the truth. I once again ask people to use their eyes, not their ears. The age of propaganda has failed us all. Time for us all to go back to reality and drop this “I believe the things I want to believe and that makes it real” mentality that has been so encouraged in recent years

Stay safe.
It will be interesting to see how this goes.
180 as at today . So will the gap between the UK and Italy start growing?

Interesting.
So from my reading at the same stage UK 4k cases Italy 8k and Spain 18k.
So some quite significant variances.
It will be interesting to see how this and if course this may well not be an apples for apples comparison.

Yeah, the data for the UK in that graph is wrong.

For some reason they've added a couple of additional days between Day 13-15 that didn't actually happen.
When you plot the actual data, it sits almost exactly on top of the US data, just a couple of days behind it.

Yeah, the data for the UK in that graph is wrong.

For some reason they've added a couple of additional days between Day 13-15 that didn't actually happen.
When you plot the actual data, it sits almost exactly on top of the US data, just a couple of days behind it.
It will be interesting to see how this goes.
180 as at today . So will the gap between the UK and Italy start growing?

UK on 233 today. Same trajectory as Italy? Stay safe folks.

They reacted terribly and we reacted worse still. We are exactly 14 days behind where they are now in terms of daily death count and it’s still at least 2-4 weeks off peaking for them. Which means it’s 4-6 weeks for us. Minimum.

View attachment 3220

Facts and evidence tell us the truth. I once again ask people to use their eyes, not their ears. The age of propaganda has failed us all. Time for us all to go back to reality and drop this “I believe the things I want to believe and that makes it real” mentality that has been so encouraged in recent years

Stay safe.
frighteningly accurate today! 21 March - 233 deaths in the UK an increase of 53 as being reported now.

36 deaths over the same 24hr period in Italy -14 days.

Lets hope that the trend doesn’t continue, particularly in relation to Italy. I don’t think we want to be beating them!

Sadly, it seems that the mortality levels are roughly the same for all Western countries. I'm not sure any of the measures put in place will ultimately have any significant impact and we should expect to see the numbers of those dying in the uk to total around 5-10,000. However, that is along similar lines to a bad year for seasonal flu, so if that was the case I guess we can consider ourselves fairly lucky.

frighteningly accurate today! 21 March - 233 deaths in the UK an increase of 53 as being reported now.

36 deaths over the same 24hr period in Italy -14 days.

Lets hope that the trend doesn’t continue, particularly in relation to Italy. I don’t think we want to be beating them!
There will probably be some minor discrepancies here and there - there are dozens of similar counters doing the rounds and I absolutely can’t vouch for the 100% golden accuracy of each of them - but the basic principle that very few are denying is that it seems we are following a very similar curve to other European countries. There should be absolutely no doubt in anyone’s mind now that we are just a few short days away from the s**t really starting to hit the fan.

We are about to see just how amazingly brave and tireless our doctors and nurses are, despite spending the last decade getting absolutely crapped all over. A situation like this would always present a phenomenal challenge no matter the circumstances, but I don’t think people should lose sight of the fact that in this war they are our troops, and we’ve left them in a situation where when the fighting breaks out they’re nowhere near as supported and protected as they should be.

There will probably be some minor discrepancies here and there - there are dozens of similar counters doing the rounds and I absolutely can’t vouch for the 100% golden accuracy of each of them - but the basic principle that very few are denying is that it seems we are following a very similar curve to other European countries. There should be absolutely no doubt in anyone’s mind now that we are just a few short days away from the s**t really starting to hit the fan.

We are about to see just how amazingly brave and tireless our doctors and nurses are, despite spending the last decade getting absolutely crapped all over. A situation like this would always present a phenomenal challenge no matter the circumstances, but I don’t think people should lose sight of the fact that in this war they are our troops, and we’ve left them in a situation where when the fighting breaks out they’re nowhere near as supported and protected as they should be.

Couldn’t have our that final paragraph better if I had tried! Unfortunately people have lost sight of that and think that an army/battle are those in khaki fatigues

Couldn’t have our that final paragraph better if I had tried! Unfortunately people have lost sight of that and think that an army/battle are those in khaki fatigues
Yes, and it’s made all the more galling by the very people who left those troops up the creek without a paddle now standing behind signs saying we need to protect them. The same people who have also convinced far too many in recent years that it “isn’t right to politicise a crisis”, even if the scale and nature of a crisis has been worsened or even created full stop thanks to the decisions of politicians.

Scum bags, the f*****g lot of them. I only hope that this god awful virus can bring us some good at the end of it it all, by snapping a few people back into the real world. But I won’t hold my breath.

Sadly, it seems that the mortality levels are roughly the same for all Western countries. I'm not sure any of the measures put in place will ultimately have any significant impact and we should expect to see the numbers of those dying in the uk to total around 5-10,000. However, that is along similar lines to a bad year for seasonal flu, so if that was the case I guess we can consider ourselves fairly lucky.

That sounds hopeful to me.

5000 have died already in Italy, and they are still seeing exponential growth there.
And as has been seen by all the posts on this thread in the last couple of days, that's the country we're tracking most closely.

Once we see the curve start to flatten in Italy, then we might be able to begin to estimate what the human toll of this virus is going to be. But that hasn't happened yet.

we should expect to see the numbers of those dying in the uk to total around 5-10,000. However, that is along similar lines to a bad year for seasonal flu, so if that was the case I guess we can consider ourselves fairly lucky.
Don't forget that people are also dying this year of what might be called "seasonal flu". The Covid-19 deaths are being recorded separately to those, so will be additional to the normal count.

Don't forget that people are also dying this year of what might be called "seasonal flu". The Covid-19 deaths are being recorded separately to those, so will be additional to the normal count.

I wouldn't want to dismiss the death of anyone, but influenza and corona are both killing the sick, elderly and most vulnerable. So we are most likely to see a reduction in flu related deaths at the expense of those victims of covid-19. I think the last really bad year for flu related deaths was 2008-9 when there was around 12000 deaths. A similar figure these year, whilst tragic, could be considered exceptionally lucky.

Italy will give an indication of when the curve begins to peak, and whether or not any of the measures have made a difference. I guess we can just hope and pray that we soon see a drop in numbers and continue to act responsibly to make this happen sooner.

I only hope that this god awful virus can bring us some good at the end of it it all, by snapping a few people back into the real world. But I won’t hold my breath.
Yes, and it’s made all the more galling by the very people who left those troops up the creek without a paddle now standing behind ..

They'll be fine. They've been shorting shares for a week or two now. Look at (g Osborne's) BlackRock calls - is it £650,000 pa they pay him for 1 day a month 'consultancy'?

Back
Top Bottom