International News Covid-19 .....

That's me working at home from now on.

The Labour shadow chancellor can hardly talk, sounds pissed?

The chancellor could have done all the points that have been picked out by him but would still find more. W@nker!

What a shitty week. Football off, bank holiday footy off, get together with mate off, wife's birthday evening out off, can't sell our house = buying new house off, holiday in Spain in June, most likely off, went to shop, everything off!
f**k it, I'll have a drink and order some more wine to be delivered. . . . . . . email from Wine Society, due to Corona virus - all orders delayed some out of stock etc. etc.

Somebody is seriously messing with me! :mad::mad::mad:

Bloody Panic Buying.
No Foie Gras left in Fortnum and Masons !!

What a shitty week. Football off, bank holiday footy off, get together with mate off, wife's birthday evening out off, can't sell our house = buying new house off, holiday in Spain in June, most likely off, went to shop, everything off!
f**k it, I'll have a drink and order some more wine to be delivered. . . . . . . email from Wine Society, due to Corona virus - all orders delayed some out of stock etc. etc.

Somebody is seriously messing with me! :mad::mad::mad:

Make your own!

I currently have 23 litres each of Sav Blanc & Cabernet Shiraz bubbling away, should be ready to bottle next week.:)

I can categorically tell you that the government refusing to formally close entertainment hubs, from theatres to music venues, has meant that production insurance will not pay out. Venues and promoters alike are now unable to claim off the policies that they’ve been paying for since day dot, in case this very thing ever happened, because technically they are choosing to close down of their own accord which voids the policy. It is nearly 3am and I am still on phone calls and email chains regarding this. Unless the government issues the call to close venues and makes it law, and removes any and all liability from the promoters and building managers, the live entertainment industry is on the brin of collapse. It’s as simple as that.

I’ve just got off the phone with somebody from a band in the US who are booked to play a festival here in May, and the festival promoter cannot cancel the event because if he does then his promotion company will go bankrupt, as the insurance company have stated that the festival will have chosen to cancel and is therefore liable for all expenses. This is not a small festival I might add - it’s one with a total attendance of around 40,000 people. Bands from all over the world have been and are still packing up and going home, and for the most part it’s manageable if not without pain entirely, because many of the outstanding performances are in countries where events have been forbidden and formally denied by the state, triggering some form of payout or protection. People are still being shot but the bullets are lodging in their calf, or in the side of their arm. It stings like hell but it’ll heal, at least for the most part. What we are doing along with one or two other countries at present is shooting rounds into people’s chests.

If this is going on with theatres and venues then it’ll be going on in numerous other industries as well. The government is failing us. I’m not speculating, I am talking in cold, hard facts. They need to say the words.

EDIT: In fact, look what is on the BBC site right this second. Nobody is saying any person or any sector is any more important or worthy of help than any other, but for the love of God, just utter the words “you must stop” so that people can try to survive. That isn’t a lot to ask for.

View attachment 3163
View attachment 3164
This is just another false story put out there by the usual left wing outlets - Caitlin Moran, the Guardian etc, to whom any opportunity to bash the government is, apparently, more important than telling the truth.
The Association of British Insurers (ABI) confirmed to Insurance Age: “Irrespective of whether or not the Government order closure of a business, the vast majority of firms won’t have purchased cover that will enable them to claim on their insurance to compensate for their business being closed by the Coronavirus.”

This is just another false story put out there by the usual left wing outlets - Caitlin Moran, the Guardian etc, to whom any opportunity to bash the government is, apparently, more important than telling the truth.
The Association of British Insurers (ABI) confirmed to Insurance Age: “Irrespective of whether or not the Government order closure of a business, the vast majority of firms won’t have purchased cover that will enable them to claim on their insurance to compensate for their business being closed by the Coronavirus.”
Are you seriously going to sit here and send me a link to a news story when I literally just told people what I was awake at 3am doing? Have you completely lost your mind? You are honestly telling me that my job and my conversations aren’t happening and are wrong?

I have absolutely seen it all now. This is unbelievable.

Are you seriously going to sit here and send me a link to a news story when I literally just told people what I was awake at 3am doing? Have you completely lost your mind? You are honestly telling me that my job and my conversations aren’t happening and are wrong?

I have absolutely seen it all now. This is unbelievable.
If I believed everything written on social media / internet forums by anonymous posters then yes, I truly would have lost my mind.
But the Association of British Insurers (ABI) is a respected body who I recognise, and whose statements can be held to account.
So when they state that that Business Interruption insurance does not cover Coronavirus, except in a small minority of cases of large firms, then yes, I believe them.
Sorry if that offends you.

If I believed everything written on social media / internet forums by anonymous posters then yes, I truly would have lost my mind.
But the Association of British Insurers (ABI) is a respected body who I recognise, and whose statements can be held to account.
So when they state that that Business Interruption insurance does not cover Coronavirus, except in a small minority of cases of large firms, then yes, I believe them.
It does offend me, yes, when I’m one of many people in the exact industry this is currently affecting, and who is one of many more currently working around the clock to try to fix a problem that is very real, and somebody who has NO idea of any of it essentially comes along and goes, “It’s all leftist media lies, somebody from the people being accused of being naughty said so and it must be true”. Because nobody - no business, no government or governing body, nobody at all - has ever lied or misled anybody. Nobody ever accused of anything has ever denied it. Especially in times of crisis. You’re right - it’s one great big conspiracy. None of it is real.

People can disagree about certain things all they like, but I’m not going to sit and just watch while somebody outright tells me that the industry I’ve worked in for literally half of my life, and all the people working in it with years of experience and who run companies that make up an industry worth billions, don’t have a clue what they’re on about because the very people getting away with shafting us have gone “Nah, doesn’t matter anyway, honest guv.” You started throwing around words like ‘leftist’ in reference to who was saying something, not based at all on what was being said, which means you’ve come into this entire thing already steeped in prejudice - you’ve made your mind up already and have decided that even in times like this you’re more concerned about political divides than matters at hand. The people who have essentially been accused of burgling somebody have gone “We didn’t do it, we hate burgling, yuck!” and you’ve responded with an attitude of “See? They said they didn’t do it. I think that’s all the evidence we’ll be needing here!”

You just carry on deciding what you think is real and what isn’t based on your own pre-determined prejudices, which will ultimately lead to you helping to make decisions that create enormous issues for the rest of us, and people like me will carry on trying to clean up after you because you’ve reduced the world to something as binary as left vs right, and the result is that everything is completely covered in s**t.

EDIT: Oh, and in terms of my being ‘anonymous’, most people on here know who I am, mainly because my username is essentially my real name. You don’t have to be Columbo to work it out. Here is a little piece I did with Music Week a couple of years back for their Tastemaker section, so as to prove my identity regardless: https://www.musicweek.com/tastemake...und-s-ryan-bird-listening-to-this-week/069778

I started my career in the music industry in early 2003 working at Roadrunner Records, part of the Warner Music Group. I then moved on to a publicity and promotions company called Division in late 2004, where we became the first promotions company in the world to employ a dedicated online publicity team in a world that revolved solely around print, radio and television, helping to break multi-million selling global artists such as Fall Out Boy in the process. I then went to Kerrang! magazine, the world’s largest selling rock music title, where I spent nearly four years travelling the world and writing cover features on everybody from Metallica, Green Day, Foo Fighters, AC/DC and basically any other rock band you could possibly name.

In 2009 I went to work for our very own Oxford United in the media department for around 18 months (heart ruling the head doesn’t even begin to explain that period of my life), before returning to music in December 2011 to work for a media company called Rock Sound, where I became editor and then subsequently editorial director and creative director, overseeing all print and digital output, global e-commerce platforms and strategies and - uh oh - live events. My duties at RS ranged from booking and promoting branded, nationwide tours alongside global leading companies such as Live Nation and SJM, as well as working with mainstream festivals on branded stages and multi-platform media partnerships. I’ve only gone and bloody worked in the very thing I’m making claims about, haven’t I?

I also A&R’d and produced a number of CD releases including Rock Sound Presents: The Black Parade, which spawned the smash hit cover of My Chemical Romance’s ‘Cancer’ by twenty one pilots, which was certified gold in the USA for sales of more than half a million copies and is currently on more than 50million views on YouTube alone. Which can be seen here:

I now run my own music media company partnering directly with artists and major labels to produce their own content in both the digital and print spheres, as well as providing marketing and A&R consultancy for the biggest record companies on Earth. I’ve got a rather healthy collection of gold and platinum records with my name on them, which I’ve included a couple of photos of at the bottom, just to satisfy you that I’m not one of those anonymous lefty types you despise so much, and in fact can prove both who I am and that I have some semblance of a clue as to what the hell I’m talking about when it comes to this particular subject.

Now remind me again... who the f**k are you?

9381915E-B616-4131-A54A-FCB5604E6562.jpeg
75466826-5185-4735-A72C-B393A0A93B48.jpeg

Last edited:
It does offend me, yes, when I’m one of many people in the exact industry this is currently affecting, and who is one of many more currently working around the clock to try to fix a problem that is very real, and somebody who has NO idea of any of it essentially comes along and goes, “It’s all leftist media lies, somebody from the people being accused of being naughty said so and it must be true”. Because nobody - no business, no government or governing body, nobody at all - has ever lied or misled anybody. Nobody ever accused of anything has ever denied it. Especially in times of crisis. You’re right - it’s one great big conspiracy. None of it is real.

People can disagree about certain things all they like, but I’m not going to sit and just watch while somebody outright tells me that the industry I’ve worked in for literally half of my life, and all the people working in it with years of experience and who run companies that make up an industry worth billions, don’t have a clue what they’re on about because the very people getting away with shafting us have gone “Nah, doesn’t matter anyway, honest guv.” You started throwing around words like ‘leftist’ in reference to who was saying something, not based at all on what was being said, which means you’ve come into this entire thing already steeped in prejudice - you’ve made your mind up already and have decided that even in times like this you’re more concerned about political divides than matters at hand. The people who have essentially been accused of burgling somebody have gone “We didn’t do it, we hate burgling, yuck!” and you’ve responded with an attitude of “See? They said they didn’t do it. I think that’s all the evidence we’ll be needing here!”

You just carry on deciding what you think is real and what isn’t based on your own pre-determined prejudices, which will ultimately lead to you helping to make decisions that create enormous issues for the rest of us, and people like me will carry on trying to clean up after you because you’ve reduced the world to something as binary as left vs right, and the result is that everything is completely covered in s**t.

Getting back to the original point, the claim was that the government were preventing businesses from claiming insurance because they hadn't been told to close down.
The insurance industry have turned round and said no, those businesses weren't covered either way.
In a question of what is covered by an insurance policy, I will always believe the insurance provider over the policyholder.

I will always believe the insurance provider over the policyholder
That's your problem right there. Inflexible in your views, unable to see nuance. Unwilling to hear contrary opinions.

Insurance industry mouthpiece says insurance industry is right, much the same as FIFA investigation finds no FIFA corruption.

Back
Top Bottom