International News Covid-19 .....

Hmm, I don’t doubt that, but they were a threat and they knew it, and you’ve shared that on a public forum? Don't be surprised that I’m finding it difficult to take NO for an answer here, your brakes are failing I’m afraid.
I don’t do guessing games and I don’t really care at the moment who they are but I deliberately went there shortly after opening, very few people about, wore a mask throughout, no close interaction with staff and made one purchase, sanitising at every opportunity. I did my bit to minimise risk and you’re telling me I might have been in an enclosed space with someone who knows they’ve got Covid but you won’t tell me where?
No personal information should be shared on here unless the person is sharing information about themselves

Do you also want names/addresses of OUFC fans who are not vaccinated?!

I tend to agree, your part in the exchange does seem pointless as I have no idea what point you're trying to make.
Let me help you; person 1 goes to work with Covid, knows they shouldn’t, but goes anyway. Person 2 takes all necessary precautions and goes to shops where person 1 works, finds out after that they may have encountered person 1. Person 3 goes too far in disclosing information about person 1 on a public forum, person 2 gets slightly irritated by the ‘holier than thou’ attitude of that person and somehow ends up being the villain of the piece.
My point? don’t mouth off about something then back pedal when challenged about it and it starts to come on top. Simple.

No personal information should be shared on here unless the person is sharing information about themselves

Do you also want names/addresses of OUFC fans who are not vaccinated?!
Please don’t be facetious, I’m not 13 years old; how about not disclosing anything at all about someone else, rather than doing that then back-pedalling when they realise they may have said too much? Let’s end this here please.

Without this getting any more out of hand, I think we can probably all agree that undisclosed employer is wrong to insist that someone returns to work despite remaining symptomatic and providing positive tests. I think we can also agree that the undisclosed individual is also wrong that despite this they are willing to return to a public facing position, putting potentially hundreds at risk, rather than lose a day's pay or upset their boss.

And therein sums up a lot about the covid situation for the last 2 years. Some want to blame the "establishment". Government, Boris, big business etc. Others blame the individuals and absolve those at the top of any responsibilities. The reality is that it is both.

The vast majority are putting their own interests ahead of others. Said shop is only interested in having staff back working. Said employee is only interested in keeping their job and not losing wages. No one gives a toss about others getting infected. In fact, it's easier to blame the others for going out in the first place!

No wonder we've never had control of this and likely never will. Too many want to blame others but take no responsibility themselves.

Without this getting any more out of hand, I think we can probably all agree that undisclosed employer is wrong to insist that someone returns to work despite remaining symptomatic and providing positive tests. I think we can also agree that the undisclosed individual is also wrong that despite this they are willing to return to a public facing position, putting potentially hundreds at risk, rather than lose a day's pay or upset their boss.

And therein sums up a lot about the covid situation for the last 2 years. Some want to blame the "establishment". Government, Boris, big business etc. Others blame the individuals and absolve those at the top of any responsibilities. The reality is that it is both.

The vast majority are putting their own interests ahead of others. Said shop is only interested in having staff back working. Said employee is only interested in keeping their job and not losing wages. No one gives a toss about others getting infected. In fact, it's easier to blame the others for going out in the first place!

No wonder we've never had control of this and likely never will. Too many want to blame others but take no responsibility themselves.
I do hope that when it comes to ‘taking responsibility’ you have differentiated between the responsible, and the irresponsible to the point of recognising the mitigating action I took before going to Bicester Village. ‘Essential‘ shopping went out with the last lockdown so it’s my decision whether I go there and what I go there for.
While I sympathise with the shop worker because they may well have bills to pay, turning up at work and risking being a superspreader is not the responsible course of action. Discussions with employer, Citizens Advice and/ or employment law advice from the safety of their home address was the responsible action so yes if there is any blame, it’s well and truly with them.

I do hope that when it comes to ‘taking responsibility’ you have differentiated between the responsible, and the irresponsible to the point of recognising the mitigating action I took before going to Bicester Village. ‘Essential‘ shopping went out with the last lockdown so it’s my decision whether I go there and what I go there for.
While I sympathise with the shop worker because they may well have bills to pay, turning up at work and risking being a superspreader is not the responsible course of action. Discussions with employer, Citizens Advice and/ or employment law advice from the safety of their home address was the responsible action so yes if there is any blame, it’s well and truly with them.
Taking mitigating action isn’t the be all and end all, though. It’s good, and better than not doing it, but there still is a degree of personal responsibility when you choose to go out shopping, regardless of the fact that it’s technically legal. If it’s food shopping, or other essentials, fine (although there’s still an argument that you could do it online and get it delivered) but for example I could choose to go to several busy pubs and nightclubs and stand there soaking up the atmosphere, and while it would be perfectly legal, if I then started kicking off at reports of a member of staff going in with Covid (which is unarguably a bad idea, I’m not disputing that) people might start questioning why I chose to do that, especially if I started saying I have contact with a vulnerable family member.

Of course it’s your decision to go to Bicester Village or not, and no-ones questioning you or criticising you for doing it, but you would have known that by doing that you increased your risk of catching Covid (or any disease). You knew that and decided to increase your risk because whatever you wanted to get was more important to you. That’s not an attack, or criticism, it’s just logical fact.

"Taking responsibility" applies to absolutely everyone.

Is shopping essential (and I don't mean life or death but essential to our everyday living)? If it is then can it be done online to reduce risk? Or, as you appeared to do, can it be done early/late when the shops are quieter. Do you wear masks, socially distance where possible, regularly sanitise etc. That is taking responsibility, but it only minimises risk rather than eradicating it entirely.

Taking mitigating action isn’t the be all and end all, though. It’s good, and better than not doing it, but there still is a degree of personal responsibility when you choose to go out shopping, regardless of the fact that it’s technically legal. If it’s food shopping, or other essentials, fine (although there’s still an argument that you could do it online and get it delivered) but for example I could choose to go to several busy pubs and nightclubs and stand there soaking up the atmosphere, and while it would be perfectly legal, if I then started kicking off at reports of a member of staff going in with Covid (which is unarguably a bad idea, I’m not disputing that) people might start questioning why I chose to do that, especially if I started saying I have contact with a vulnerable family member.

Of course it’s your decision to go to Bicester Village or not, and no-ones questioning you or criticising you for doing it, but you would have known that by doing that you increased your risk of catching Covid (or any disease). You knew that and decided to increase your risk because whatever you wanted to get was more important to you. That’s not an attack, or criticism, it’s just logical fact.
F*** me a resident psychiatrist.
It wasn’t more important to me than catching Covid, don’t be ridiculous. What I did yesterday, in a 20 minute visit to an open shopping centre, is far less risky than all those at Lincoln this afternoon, far less risky than the Kassam on the last two match days. What I did carried such a small but acceptable risk, clearly borne out by the fact I didn’t at any time feel exposed to or likely to catch Covid. I can also assure you that the benefits to my mental health following that visit far outweighed the risks.

"Taking responsibility" applies to absolutely everyone.

Is shopping essential (and I don't mean life or death but essential to our everyday living)? If it is then can it be done online to reduce risk? Or, as you appeared to do, can it be done early/late when the shops are quieter. Do you wear masks, socially distance where possible, regularly sanitise etc. That is taking responsibility, but it only minimises risk rather than eradicating it entirely.
I agree, I know that the risk to me was so low and I took it. Essential shopping or not , I can tell you, as I have to the other poster, getting out of my house and spending 20 minutes to buy something I needed was beneficial to my mental health and well worth the risk. Will I be going to any football matches in the near future, not a chance.

My partner just tested positive. Watch this space.......
My LFT is negative and I have booked a PCR for tomorrow morning. I cant see anyway I wouldn't have caught it. I am triple jabbed thankfully, I am obviously going to self isolate and fortunately haven't had contact with others. I have been so diligent and feel gutted that I am now likely to have the virus.
The logical part of me knows that it hopefully won't be too problematic, but I still feel concerned. I know that other triple jabbed contributors have contracted omicron so any words of wisdom would be gratefully received

My LFT is negative and I have booked a PCR for tomorrow morning. I cant see anyway I wouldn't have caught it. I am triple jabbed thankfully, I am obviously going to self isolate and fortunately haven't had contact with others. I have been so diligent and feel gutted that I am now likely to have the virus.
The logical part of me knows that it hopefully won't be too problematic, but I still feel concerned. I know that other triple jabbed contributors have contracted omicron so any words of wisdom would be gratefully received
Ive a number of friends/ acquaintances , in different parts of England, who have over the past few weeks tested positive on lfts* .... all double vaccinated and boosted.... a couple had no adverse effects, a few had mild cold type symptoms for a day or so, pretty much all of them isolated then did lfts on day 6 &7 ( which in all cases were negative)

* there was couple, where the fella tested positive, yet the female registered negative on lfts and subsequent pcr- they both isolated until day 7 after they both tested negative on day 6 & day 7 lfts

which sort of says there's no hard n fast rule or application to positive tests etc .... good luck @gofish2 ,hope you n your partner get through it asap

Don't eat the yellow snow.

I'm wondering whether Women are more susceptible to this latest variant somehow, even when jabbed.
In two separate cases in our office, the female partner of a workmate has tested positive, but their male partner has not, despite isolating with them at home for the required period....
So, perhaps you may not even get it?

I'm wondering whether Women are more susceptible to this latest variant somehow, even when jabbed.
In two separate cases in our office, the female partner of a workmate has tested positive, but their male partner has not, despite isolating with them at home for the required period....
You are now officially my best friend!

I do contract tracing through my workplace and surprisingly only around a third of those infected cause secondary infections within their households. It's strange how you can potentially catch it from someone you pass briefly in Tesco but not from someone you live with!

I do contract tracing through my workplace and surprisingly only around a third of those infected cause secondary infections within their households. It's strange how you can potentially catch it from someone you pass briefly in Tesco but not from someone you live with!
You are also my best friend! (and I will stay away from Tesco)

If you get it then it should be exceedingly mild due to your vaccine status - bit of a sniffle - hat tip to Page 1 !
To avoid such avoid the partner, way back Mrs EY(Mk2) avoided the plague carrier (me) by living in the guest wing for a fortnight, for about a week of that I wasn`t interested in leaving the bed so we didn`t share much air or facilities.
Think of touch points in the house and clean them, good hygiene etc.

Get a Hazmat suit. :)

And now djoknovax has been released. Oodles of egg all over Scomo’s face now. He’s starting to make Boris look competent.

Back
Top Bottom