International News Covid-19 .....

Not CovidI(I hope). Came down with the most dramatic body pain, headaches and variable temp. No appetite and very odd sleep.
All the symptoms of flu. The thing is had my flu jab about 4 weeks ago.All LFt's negative I;m doing all the sympton control things and there is a little bit of change.
I would be grateful to know if anyone has experience similar or has any thoughts/tips.

Thanks
Felt really really s**t the day after having pfizer booster (17 nov)...10 days on was still feeling crap, 11th day had a stroke! ....no side effects from either dose of az ox vaccinne.... had flu jab yesterday (also offered pneumonia jab yesterday- postponed that for a few weeks) ....feeling a bit fluey today, albeit mildly in comparison to the 10/11 days after pfizer booster

Felt really really s**t the day after having pfizer booster (17 nov)...10 days on was still feeling crap, 11th day had a stroke! ....no side effects from either dose of az ox vaccinne.... had flu jab yesterday (also offered pneumonia jab yesterday- postponed that for a few weeks) ....feeling a bit fluey today, albeit mildly in comparison to the 10/11 days after pfizer booster
Sarge I'm sorry to hear this, sounds awful and you've been through the mill mate! strange how we all experience things so differently. I had a temp of 40 last night and was quite worried, particularly as my bed was saturated,(sweat-I think) and I was shivering uncontrollably. Had a pcr this morning and spoke to a really thoughtful GP this evening. Helpfully his views on the flu jab were similar to EY's, in that he pointed out that there were s many flu like illnesses at present. I sincerely hope others don't have to experience this. Saw this....

Dull numbers............
Roughly 150 cases a day.
14 folk admitted daily.
10 folk on mechanical ventilation
80 positive inpatients.

Plus ce change...

Dull is good, I guess, though it's depressing that after this long the numbers aren't reducing.

Apart from seasonal changes will they ever? I suppose we don’t have access to the numbers for flu etc but I should imagine they would suprise us, most of us have never had access or given much though to any of this before.

Apart from seasonal changes will they ever? I suppose we don’t have access to the numbers for flu etc but I should imagine they would suprise us, most of us have never had access or given much though to any of this before.
A thousand people don't die of flu every week, and I'm pretty sure there aren't 40,000 new cases of actual flu (not a 'bug') every day. But I don't know the figures.

A thousand people don't die of flu every week, and I'm pretty sure there aren't 40,000 new cases of actual flu (not a 'bug') every day. But I don't know the figures.

40,000 to 80,000 have died of flu in bad years, that’s around and over a 1000 a week. Who knows how many catch flu every day, we don’t try and tally it up.

That wasn’t really my point though, it’s very unlikely that we will ever be rid of Covid and those figures (or similar) may well become the winter norm.

40,000 to 80,000 have died of flu in bad years, that’s around and over a 1000 a week. Who knows how many catch flu every day, we don’t try and tally it up.

That wasn’t really my point though, it’s very unlikely that we will ever be rid of Covid and those figures (or similar) may well become the winter norm.
I don’t think this is seasonal though, it’s a winter flu crisis every day. Plus with flu on top. People won’t be able to have cancer operations if the beds are full of Covid patients.

There is a lot of "chatter" about a developing increase in case rates in the community.

Currently, nobody is suggesting any knock-on effect in terms of hospitilisations/serious illness but there is highly likely to be a "wave" coming.

Get your jab, wear a mask, wash your mitts and stay well.

I wonder if we’ll ever find out where the new variant actually came from, as opposed to where somebody first noticed it.

Did anybody drop their face mask?

CHYNA.png

Back
Top Bottom