International News Covid-19 .....

More news coming out this morning that Omicron is causing mild disease only and that vaccines work against it. Source:WHO.

If the Labour Party had half a brain it would be carving out anti extra restrictions policies.

Fair enough, but if they'd had half a brain they would have pointed out that applying National Insurance at 12% above £50k earnings would have generated £20bn (as opposed to the £12bn generated by the 'health and social care levy') and wouldn't have penalised the low-paid. Fucking Labour Party my arse.

More news coming out this morning that Omicron is causing mild disease only and that vaccines work against it. Source:WHO.

If the Labour Party had half a brain it would be carving out anti extra restrictions policies.
There has simply been nowhere near enough data to make any kind of assertion of that kind. Though I admit that it doesn't look to be the doomsday scenario first hinted at.

There has simply been nowhere near enough data to make any kind of assertion of that kind. Though I admit that it doesn't look to be the doomsday scenario first hinted at.
It’s the World Health Organisation, not some dodgy geezer ranting away in the IT section at John Lewis.

Looks like this KILLER VARIANT is just another FUEL CRISiS.

We’re not really getting the media we deserve are we?

It’s the World Health Organisation, not some dodgy geezer ranting away in the IT section at John Lewis.

We definitely don't for a whole multitude of topics.

Unfortunately I think it's very, very unlikely to get any better with a 24/7 rolling news cycle, clamber for ratings and individual "celebrity" correspondents looking to make a name for themselves.

New channels/stations/papers and new reporters will continue to pop up across the globe, largely financed by individuals with their own agenda. Each clambering for the next "big scoop" and if it's not available... to sensationalise and regurgitate what's already out there.

Whether that's the case with the Omricon variant, who knows?! As GUK says it's still very, very early days from an analytics perspective. Fingers crossed it does turn out to be a storm in a teacup.

Anyway... entire other thread on that quite easily.

You're very keen for this to be a false alarm. I think as others have said it's far too early to say - but hopefully it'll all be *fine*

Some things make me feel very uncomfortable .................. first they came for the unvaccinated.........

"Germany to impose restrictions for those unvaccinated against COVID-19
Only people who are vaccinated against COVID-19, or have recovered, will be allowed to go to restaurants, pubs, cinemas, gyms, cultural events, and non-essential shops, according to The Telegraph. Those who are unvaccinated are only permitted to meet two people from another household. The decision comes after a meeting between Chancellor Angela Merkel, her soon-to-be replacement Olaf Scholz, and regional leaders."

I work for a data analytics company and they are very much of the view it's far too early. In actual fact it tends to vary from day to day. One data set will tell a positive message, the next, quite the opposite. Today has not been a good day with cases and hospital admissions put it that way.

Not CovidI(I hope). Came down with the most dramatic body pain, headaches and variable temp. No appetite and very odd sleep.
All the symptoms of flu. The thing is had my flu jab about 4 weeks ago.All LFt's negative I;m doing all the sympton control things and there is a little bit of change.
I would be grateful to know if anyone has experience similar or has any thoughts/tips.

Thanks

Last edited:
Not CovidI(I hope). Came down with the most dramatic body pain, headaches and variable temp. No appetite and very odd sleep.
All the symptoms of flu. The thing is had my flu jab about 4 weeks ago.All LFt's negative I;m doing all the sympton control things and there is a little bit of change.
I would be grateful to know if anyone has experience similar or has any thoughts/tips.

Thanks

Most vaccines take a couple of weeks to build up the immunity required.
It`s possible you have got flu at the same time as the jab starts to work hence feeling bad.
Fluids, paracetamol & rest are the orders of the day.

There are the usual Winter bugs around and a lot of folk have reduced immunity because we`ve been being more hygeinic!

Yes I had this after my flu jab. Difference was my symptoms started getting day after my flu jab. Like you say negative lft, I also did a pcr again negative. 2 days later gone every symptom gone as quick as it came. Very strange. If I was you I'd get a pcr test done just to be on the safe side. And your own peace of mind.

I thought this article was an excellent summary of how pathetic the anti maskers are.
I've been thinking this for a while, not only with masks but the jabs too.
A fortnight ago we (or at least a perhaps dwindling some of us) stood in silence remembering those who left those they loved, got on a boat to France and stood in the trenches risking their lives to protect their fellow countrymen and women.
Now so many cannot even put themselves out to pop up the road to have a needle in the arm and wear a mask in Tesco!

"...gas, gas, gas boys quick...."

Last edited:
Anyways, talking to the lab rats at work and it seems that said variant may already be more widespread than we thought.

The lab tests checks for lots of marker things, can`t remember the letters, the lab rats talk in batches of letters all the time.

The variant flags up because one set of letters for a protein is missing so they are testing and checking for what is not there to establish how many cases are actually variant types.

And they`ve got to change the gloop in the machines to do so.

All good fun.

Most vaccines take a couple of weeks to build up the immunity required.
It`s possible you have got flu at the same time as the jab starts to work hence feeling bad.
Fluids, paracetamol & rest are the orders of the day.

There are the usual Winter bugs around and a lot of folk have reduced immunity because we`ve been being more hygeinic!

Might not be the same strain of flu either and it can avoid the vaccine.

Back
Top Bottom