International News Covid-19 .....

went the local chippy - 3 people (inc me) in masks , all staff in masks.... then in come two largeish family groups , none of the 5 adults in masks :-/ ... thankfully Id got my order and was on me way out

Bit risky being maskless and fat! Doubt they went for a salad instead of a large saveloy either.

View attachment 7574

Normality is resumed. Warm. Fuzzy. Familiar. Stay alert and all that.

Would probably be a good idea if all the shops and supermarkets with the signs out the front saying “face coverings are now a personal choice” could take those in and hide them away if nothing else. As of today they are mandatory. Both my local petrol station and supermarket are still displaying these. Either nobody has enough about them to realise they need removing or they’re purposefully ignoring the restrictions, so as not to scare off those patriots whose beloved freedom is being so cruelly ripped away from them by putting a mask on for a few minutes.

I’ve stopped kissing strangers on the mouth. Do your bit.

They had the CEO of supermarket chain Iceland on Radio 4 this morning who said that they wouldn’t be enforcing the mask wearing rule in their stores, essentially because their staff aren’t deserving of the hassle and abuse that comes their way from people who refuse to wear them. Hiring security to enforce it would cost too much.

It’s a rather sad state of affairs when the mere thought of wearing a bit of cloth over your face for a few minutes can force some people into violence. There’s a irony that the anti-mask brigade bemoan the government for attacking their freedom and acting with ‘tyranny’. Abusing shop staff over something so minor appears to be a more tyrannical move.

They had the CEO of supermarket chain Iceland on Radio 4 this morning who said that they wouldn’t be enforcing the mask wearing rule in their stores, essentially because their staff aren’t deserving of the hassle and abuse that comes their way from people who refuse to wear them. Hiring security to enforce it would cost too much.

It’s a rather sad state of affairs when the mere thought of wearing a bit of cloth over your face for a few minutes can force some people into violence. There’s a irony that the anti-mask brigade bemoan the government for attacking their freedom and acting with ‘tyranny’. Abusing shop staff over something so minor appears to be a more tyrannical move.
he was on bbc morning tv too- more or less saying the same

and agree 100%

I hear him but still find it odd. If someone walks out without paying I'm sure they enforce the law. Don't they?

I hear him but still find it odd. If someone walks out without paying I'm sure they enforce the law. Don't they?

Depends on the value of the goods most of the time.

If it's under £200 and there isn`t any violence involved the police won`t even turn up.

Would you fancy getting knifed, spat on or bitten by some junkie to save a pack of Iceland burgers when you get paid £9.50 an hour?

Shops write in a loss factor and we all subsidise it.

When mask wearing was first mandated, the boss of ASDA was on a phone in and he said that staff in his stores would not be enforcing the wearing of face coverings.

The caller pointed out it was the law, so why would he not enforce it. He explained that his staff could not be expected to do so, citing the reasons given above.

The caller then asked what his staff would do if a shopper was smoking in the aisles while doing their weekly shop, which was also against the law. He stated that they would call security and have the shopper ejected and that they would be banned from the store if they did so again.

Two days later and ASDA security guards were enforcing mask wearing on entry to the store.

Now that may be an urban legend, but there is a logic to it.

Last edited:
That's one way for the Government to replenish its national debt, perhaps we should try it here - a tax on the idiots.

Superb idea.

As a complete idiot myself, I'm sure it's tax deductible, and I'll be due a healthy rebate.

I thought this article was an excellent summary of how pathetic the anti maskers are.
I remember being told last year that it was the “lefty snowflakes” who wouldn’t tolerate lockdowns and mask wearing. Looks to me as though it’s the “patriots” who are the biggest cry babies.

Project Fear lives on.

I remember being told last year that it was the “lefty snowflakes” who wouldn’t tolerate lockdowns and mask wearing. Looks to me as though it’s the “patriots” who are the biggest cry babies.

Project Fear lives on.
In other news my wife, normally much nicer and less argumentative than me, has just kicked off impressively at a maskless guy in John Lewis. Watch out guys!

In other news my wife, normally much nicer and less argumentative than me, has just kicked off impressively at a maskless guy in John Lewis. Watch out guys!
Can we start attacking the fat as they are way more likely to be hospitalised with Covid and therefore drain NHS resources? If so I’m up for that!

Back
Top Bottom