International News Covid-19 .....

Nice try to conflate what I said...........

If a larger number of people are A: Being tested then you will get B: More positive cases leading to C: More people "within 28 days of a positive test" which is the Covid death definition. Or the Covid Deadpool.

Then - How deaths were & are counted has evolved over the course of the pandemic.

Then - The volume/capacity of testing has increased greatly.

Throw in all those factors and it precludes direct comparison between Sept 2020 and Sept 2021.

Lies, damned lies and statistics eh. 🤷‍♀️
I wasn't trying to conflate or misrepresent, I was simply trying to understand. But I think you are saying if the prevailing testing volumed were the same a year ago the number of deaths within 28 days record a year ago would have been higher. Yes?

Yes rather than reading what experts and experienced writers say you rely on what ‘some bloke reckons’. Makes sense.

No one is hiding away or skiving, we need the government to fund more GPs, though I agree that a phone or video consultation can be a good thing if it’s ‘available promptly. GPs are fairly well paid but they are qualified and doing a vital job, not sure you’d expect them to get any less.
The experts back up the fact that people are seeing GPs less face to face... you literally have no argument.

Also... the people I have spoken to are not some bloke, they are the people on the ground

The experts back up the fact that people are seeing GPs less face to face... you literally have no argument.

Also... the people I have spoken to are not some bloke, they are the people on the ground
BECAUSE WE'RE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC. Get it now?

Yes rather than reading what experts and experienced writers say you rely on what ‘some bloke reckons’. Makes sense.

No one is hiding away or skiving, we need the government to fund more GPs, though I agree that a phone or video consultation can be a good thing if it’s ‘available promptly. GPs are fairly well paid but they are qualified and doing a vital job, not sure you’d expect them to get any less.

Why is one person’s view of the NHS more valid than another’s? We all (well most of us) pay into it? Why does a young writer with very little experience of NHS treatment have a more valid view than some one who through ill health has extensive (of any viewpoint) first hand knowledge?

Had various dealings with the NHS, some myself, some through family and others through work and it’s been a very mixed bag ranging from excellent to downright criminal in one case, the lefts fetishised viewpoint of it is yet another thing that alienates your average person.

Why is one person’s view of the NHS more valid than another’s? We all (well most of us) pay into it? Why does a young writer with very little experience of NHS treatment have a more valid view than some one who through ill health has extensive (of any viewpoint) first hand knowledge?

Had various dealings with the NHS, some myself, some through family and others through work and it’s been a very mixed bag ranging from excellent to downright criminal in one case, the lefts fetishised viewpoint of it is yet another thing that alienates your average person.
I’m actually pissed off with my GP surgery but I don’t think they’re skiving. My wife’s, which is nearer town and not absolutely swamped with old people and babies, is brilliant. It just annoys me when people swing wildly between eulogising and stigmatising a group, whether it’s the NHS or Oxford players who could only draw at home.

I wasn't trying to conflate or misrepresent, I was simply trying to understand. But I think you are saying if the prevailing testing volumed were the same a year ago the number of deaths within 28 days record a year ago would have been higher. Yes?

Effectively the "known" Covid deaths in 2020 were within healthcare and lab tested.
Roll forward to 2021 and the testing has increased with LFT`s and PCRs in the community.
Had the testing been at a similar scale in 2020 the number of known C-19 deaths could have been higher.
Then throw in the suppression effect of vaccination on hospitilisation and deaths that wasn`t there in 2020 and we are where we are.

Well I don’t think i am in the middle of a pandemic. Double jabbed. I’ve been in the office all the way and when my colleagues came back when allowed we’ve been fine. One woman caught it but she’s fine apart from sense of taste and we sit six feet apart.

And I’ve been to several games on trains and the tube (wear mask when mandated). And the trams at Sheffield. And buses and pubs. And don’t wear a mask indoors or on buses or trains or supermarkets.

Perhaps I am just lucky.

That’s good to hear Mark.
Hoping to go by train from Blackwater via Reading to Oxford for Morecambe. Just need to work out the bus from Oxford to Kassam. Usually go by car but no car until March as wife used it for work and I’m now officially retired

Well I don’t think i am in the middle of a pandemic. Double jabbed. I’ve been in the office all the way and when my colleagues came back when allowed we’ve been fine. One woman caught it but she’s fine apart from sense of taste and we sit six feet apart.

And I’ve been to several games on trains and the tube (wear mask when mandated). And the trams at Sheffield. And buses and pubs. And don’t wear a mask indoors or on buses or trains or supermarkets.

Perhaps I am just lucky.

No, you‘re perfectly normal and trying to get on with life, just like the majority of the population.

A concept QR seems to struggle with.

Which, if indeed the case, means that the current guidelines and vaccine program are working. Yes?

Pretty stupid to think that the numbers wouldn’t have been higher a year ago to be honest.

What‘s your point? Looking for more bigoted political ammo to stir the pot?

That’s good to hear Mark.
Hoping to go by train from Blackwater via Reading to Oxford for Morecambe. Just need to work out the bus from Oxford to Kassam. Usually go by car but no car until March as wife used it for work and I’m now officially
I just walk to St Aldates not far round the corner from carfax for the bus when I have done it, as long as it’s not raining it’s a pleasant enough walk rather than getting on the bus at the train station and they go regularly enough.

Having done the same journey you are doing it’s easy enough but always seems to be a wait at Reading on the way there but you have to get a shift on on the way back as trains arrive/depart close together.

Well I don’t think i am in the middle of a pandemic.
This might help you.

Definition of pandemic

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: occurring over a wide geographic area (such as multiple countries or continents)

Very poor.

No seriously, you really are struggling.

As someone who found it impossible (until prompted) to even acknowledge the excellent vaccine rollout, and even then still refuse to give any credit to the government. That was of course until things slowed down and Europe started catching up, then oddly enough it was all the fault of the government.

You make snide little comments about the government not caring about saving lives because they are not following Australia in imposing £2,000 fines on those not vaccinating. Fines that would impact on the very people you have been banging on about suffering low incomes, withdrawal of UC, struggling to put food on the table, heat their homes and who would be prevented from going to work.

You clearly have a problem with people of wealth, brexiteers, and conservative voters.

As someone who voted remain, is not mega rich and didn’t vote in the last GE because the options were shite, I find your constant belly aching embarrassing.

So you go figure why some on here find you tiresome.

Very poor.

No seriously, you really are struggling.

As someone who found it impossible (until prompted) to even acknowledge the excellent vaccine rollout, and even then still refuse to give any credit to the government. That was of course until things slowed down and Europe started catching up, then oddly enough it was all the fault of the government.

You make snide little comments about the government not caring about saving lives because they are not following Australia in imposing £2,000 fines on those not vaccinating. Fines that would impact on the very people you have been banging on about suffering low incomes, withdrawal of UC, struggling to put food on the table, heat their homes and who would be prevented from going to work.

You clearly have a problem with people of wealth, brexiteers, and conservative voters.

As someone who voted remain, is not mega rich and didn’t vote in the last GE because the options were shite, I find your constant belly aching embarrassing.

So you go figure why some on here find you tiresome.
Everyone needs a hobby though don't they :ROFLMAO:

As someone who found it impossible (until prompted) to even acknowledge the excellent vaccine rollout,
Oh, look at that. Stop telling porkies.
I was impressed by the Vaccine minister Nadhim Zahawi on the BBC this morning ring. He seemed completely on top of his brief.

(There, I've said it.😁)

I've praised the phenomenal achievement of the NHS and the army of volunteers. I've even praised the lead Tory minister ffs!

I just walk to St Aldates not far round the corner from carfax for the bus when I have done it, as long as it’s not raining it’s a pleasant enough walk rather than getting on the bus at the train station and they go regularly enough.

Having done the same journey you are doing it’s easy enough but always seems to be a wait at Reading on the way there but you have to get a shift on on the way back as trains arrive/depart close together.
Thank you. that makes it easier

Fines that would impact on the very people you have been banging on about suffering low incomes, withdrawal of UC, struggling to put food on the table, heat their homes and who would be prevented from going to work.
I think the deterrent would have the desired effect don't you. Or do your sympathies lie with the anti vaxxers?

FBppzXUXIAkRGAu

I guess if you test more you find more cases and, as well as the vaccine roll out we are doing rather well at the testing lark.

Considering the volume of tests and positive cases found then the reduced number of hospitalisations and deaths suggest the plan (if there is one!) is working.

Back
Top Bottom