International News Covid-19 .....

I wanted him as Glorious Leader but there we go. Can`t win them all and that's some sort of democracy for you....
Yes Rory is a modern day politician who 'gets it'. Now lost to British politics, is at Yale in the USA as a fellow in politics. I'm not a Tory but he was at least bearable!!

Yes Rory is a modern day politician who 'gets it'. Now lost to British politics, is at Yale in the USA as a fellow in politics. I'm not a Tory but he was at least bearable!!
To be fair, Boris Johnson is a modern day politician who 'gets it', in that he manages to appeal to enough people across the board despite being a lying unprincipled t**t. I agree that Rory Stewart would have been better and easier to respect.

The government's still straining every sinew I see.

Or you can think laterally like one of the respondents............

"That's deaths 28 days after a positive covid test.
More tests equal more positives equals a bigger pool of people who could die within 28 days of testing positive.
Germany have also stopped free Lateral Flow Tests."

I checked the last bit and it is true.

For comparison, the UK is processing 936k tests a day and has logged a somewhat staggering 310,375,182 tests.

I will now wait for the uproar when the UK stops free LF tests and just tells folk to get vaccinated.

I won`t miss doing at least two a week.

Or you can think laterally like one of the respondents............

"That's deaths 28 days after a positive covid test.
More tests equal more positives equals a bigger pool of people who could die within 28 days of testing positive.
Germany have also stopped free Lateral Flow Tests."

I checked the last bit and it is true.

For comparison, the UK is processing 936k tests a day and has logged a somewhat staggering 310,375,182 tests.

I will now wait for the uproar when the UK stops free LF tests and just tells folk to get vaccinated.

I won`t miss doing at least two a week.
Keep reading down the thread...

Keep reading down the thread...
Hang on a minute.....it was Essex telling YOU only yesterday that you need to read and think a bit more.......

It's simply not fair that you are now hoisting him by his own petard:mad: :ROFLMAO:

Keep doffing your caps and paying your taxes.

Good old Private Eye. Here's an interesting one. NHS has contracted 2 private companies to carry out 'video consultations' on unknown to the consulters.
Meanwhile a study of Norwegian health records shows that people who had the same doctor for 2-3 years were:
13% less likely to need out of hours care
12% less.likely to be admitted to hospital and 8% less likely to die. After 15 years those figures were: 30%, 28% and 25%.

Norway has 1 GP per 1175 patients, the UK has 2222.

Money? Yes, governments choose what they spend money on. UK GP numbers are down 5% in 5 years (source gponline) from 2016 to 2021.

Outsourcing? Test and trace operator Deloittes marked up cost per employee (including pension, NI, office provision) from about £97,000 to £230,000 per employee, earning £665m from government/public services- up from £303m in pandemic-free 2018/19.

• Angry
Reactions: QR
In other 'news' the Grauniad has grasped an essential, urgent, truth -

Bezos’ Blue Origin is at odds with everything Star Trek represents.​

Likn.

Hang on a minute.....it was Essex telling YOU only yesterday that you need to read and think a bit more.......

It's simply not fair that you are now hoisting him by his own petard:mad: :ROFLMAO:

The best sort to be hoisted by............ I don`t have the inclination to read the entire thread but will happily cherry pick the replies that suit my side of the debate, which is exactly what @QR did................ 🤷‍♀️

The numeric reality is that of those 936k tests a day some 40k a day are positive.
That gives us a potential deadpool of 1.12 million people "within 28 days of a positive test".
Some of those will die, in normal times roughly 1500 folk die every day.

Lies, damned lies and statistics eh?

The best sort to be hoisted by............ I don`t have the inclination to read the entire thread but will happily cherry pick the replies that suit my side of the debate, which is exactly what @QR did................ 🤷‍♀️

The numeric reality is that of those 936k tests a day some 40k a day are positive.
That gives us a potential deadpool of 1.12 million people "within 28 days of a positive test".
Some of those will die, in normal times roughly 1500 folk die every day.

Lies, damned lies and statistics eh?
Other than when you are world beating eh.

Well they don't appear to be banning cars, alcohol or sugar....
And which of the four is relatively easy to do with only positive economic benefits?

And which of the four is relatively easy to do with only positive economic benefits?

True enough.

Overall I'm grateful that I don't live in a country where such draconian methods would be implemented though. But I didn't need to be persuaded to get jabbed.

True enough.

Overall I'm grateful that I don't live in a country where such draconian methods would be implemented though. But I didn't need to be persuaded to get jabbed.
It is a difficult one.

Back
Top Bottom