International News Covid-19 .....

Certainly you can't say young people get their information from better sources than older ones, some may be better than evaluating it but as you say plenty are taken in by influencers and conspiracists

Oh OK. The 4 sources I gave you are really better?

Fortunately I'm old enough to get a jab against influenzas (y)

The Daily Express is probably the worst of the lot … but YouTube isn't a serious publication
But YouTube is “serious” -that’s the problem.
It has a massive, instant,worldwide audience and feeds further similar content via its algorithm’s, once you have watched something.
It has lots of great content .
It also peddles lots of misleading, unfounded dross.

People were dickheads in the past, are dickheads now and will be dickheads in the future, it’s a constant that will never change. The general level of human dickheadness will be identical whether you get your news from a wandering minstrel, carrier pigeon, newspapers or social media.

People were dickheads in the past, are dickheads now and will be dickheads in the future, it’s a constant that will never change. The general level of human dickheadness will be identical whether you get your news from a wandering minstrel, carrier pigeon, newspapers or social media.
Ha ha, maybe that’s true. There’s not much excuse now with education, information , and a generally wealthy society but it seems you’re right.

Best post of the year so far.

I applaud this post.

🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

A sobering story that shows herd immunity as push in the early days by Johnson is a myth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58487683

Except its naff all to do with herd immunity more some bloke being "too busy"..... from the article:

"I'm just a 38-year-old bloke that didn't find time to get the vaccine and nearly died"

And

"All because I hadn't found the time to get the jab. How stupid am I?"

Except its naff all to do with herd immunity more some bloke being "too busy"..... from the article:

"I'm just a 38-year-old bloke that didn't find time to get the vaccine and nearly died"

And

I think the herd immunity bit came in because he'd had covid before and recovered, so should have had some antibodies. I believe that was the thinking wasn't it?

• React
Reactions: QR

And

I think the herd immunity bit came in because he'd had covid before and recovered, so should have had some antibodies. I believe that was the thinking wasn't it?
Exactly.

@Essexyellows you need to start reading the articles you comment on.

Then he was more stupid than some of the commentators would have you believe......... antibodies wane after a period of time as research is proving hence the booster programme.

October 5th for me, hope I`m not "too busy".....

So, I have been out shopping with my mask on and have noticed that I am the only person wearing one in shops. Even the staff are no longer putting them on.
I wasn’t aware that the pandemic was over but it seems that the general public have decided that it is.
So… Am I the last to know??

So, I have been out shopping with my mask on and have noticed that I am the only person wearing one in shops. Even the staff are no longer putting them on.
I wasn’t aware that the pandemic was over but it seems that the general public have decided that it is.
So… Am I the last to know??
It's only not over if you want to use it to blame for the woes of the county. 😉

Back at dullsville.............

Average of 8-10 positive inpatients coming in each day - 80% unvaccinated (first or second), play stupid games win stupid prizes kids.
Between 10-12 currently on mechanical ventilation/ITU.

Got my booster on Friday, should be fun as I`ve had J&J/Janssen single shot ...... and I`m getting Pfizer as a booster.

Back at dullsville.............

Average of 8-10 positive inpatients coming in each day - 80% unvaccinated (first or second), play stupid games win stupid prizes kids.
Between 10-12 currently on mechanical ventilation/ITU.

Got my booster on Friday, should be fun as I`ve had J&J/Janssen single shot ...... and I`m getting Pfizer as a booster.
Are all the NHS back office/managers who have never seen a patient in their life all getting their boosters ready for winter, as with the first shots? (I know this isn't you btw)

Back
Top Bottom