International News Covid-19 .....

Then why are we in a government-mandated lockdown if we can just leave everything to common sense as setting laws make no difference?

Let's just allow everyone to do what they want as long as they use common sense 😂.

This argument is comedy gold 😂
The Pontiff hath spake....do not doubt his infallibility :ROFLMAO:

"Over 1,800 people die needlessly on the roads in the UK each year. It was a shock to me to learn that about a quarter of those who die in cars each year are not wearing a seat belt. I thought this was one road safety issue that we had cracked. Evidently not"
Barry Sheerman MP Chair.

It proves you can not legislate stupidity out of the question be it seat belts, drink driving, Covid or any other sort of risk.
Stupid people will be stupid irrespective of what the Government say.
It's so obvious to all when you have lost an argument because you move the goalposts, often more than once!

You questioned the effectiveness of legislation in changing peoples behaviour, absolute proof is put forward that it does and suddenly your argument becomes it does change the behaviour of all the people.

You do this all the time. Because you are wrong so often.

Moving the goalposts is an odd metaphor.

I've never heard of this being done to anyone's advantage in a real match situation.

I've never heard of this being done to anyone's advantage in a real match situation.
You haven't played against Barton United! 😳

It's so obvious to all when you have lost an argument because you move the goalposts, often more than once!

You questioned the effectiveness of legislation in changing peoples behaviour, absolute proof is put forward that it does and suddenly your argument becomes it does change the behaviour of all the people.

You do this all the time. Because you are wrong so often.

Much depends how you see life I guess.

Do I wear a seat belt because it is a life saving device? Do I wear a seat belt because the law says so?

In my world it is the former, those who do it for the latter reason are probably stupid.

Fairly simple really.

Baghdad Bob signing out to watch the cricket........ :D
1616755362660.png

You never played as a 10 year old in massive games at Thame Rec, goalkeepers were constantly moving the jumpers... erm 'goalposts'... closer together to gain an advantage.

They were the days.

Numbers.... been lax... slowing nicely so far.
79008 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 78,856 (increase 141).
35502 (increase of 65) were within the Leicester City Council area.
43506 (increase of 87) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 0 death's.
Total number of UHL death's stands at 1,430

Mid to late April (schools back after Easter plus shops reopening) could be "tense".

As part of yet another research trial I was sent a "quick antibody test kit".
Bit like a pregnancy test kit, jab your finger and pop the blood in a central well, then add the buffer agent to another well.
Leave to cook for 10-15 minutes and bingo a result.
It confirmed the test had worked & I have IgG antibodies, or antibody "defence memory" from vaccine and infection.
No sign of IgM antibodies which was expected as they are the "rapid defence force" that attack a virus, and make you feel cack.

Theoretically a kit like that could be used in any situation to "filter" the folk who are safe.

Anyway... back to Covid....... Angela M seems to have dropped a ricket.
Almost every country has made mistakes. Germany and France recently have screwed up.
But these are totally unprecedented times.
I can't believe the political point scoring that seems to be going on here. There will be time for public enquiries. The most important thing though will be to learn for the inevitable next pandemic.

Almost every country has made mistakes. Germany and France recently have screwed up.
But these are totally unprecedented times.
I can't believe the political point scoring that seems to be going on here. There will be time for public enquiries. The most important thing though will be to learn for the inevitable next pandemic.
I think mistakes and the learning that has happened because of covid had happened in a majority of countries.

Is France on the U.K. travel red list? If not it might be a bit preemptive to be saying they’ve “got it a bit wrong”.... let’s hope not!
It’s a strange one, only last week France removed travel restrictions to France from the UK.
So at the same time they were considering increasing measures to curb the virus, they were making it easier for us to travel.
Of course we’re not allowed to go.

As things are slowing down a bit...... fewer updates.... things are doing OK...so far... touch wood!
76691 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 79567 (increase 111).
35798 (increase of 58) were within the Leicester City Council area.
43893 (increase of 66) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 0 death's.(in a 24 hour period)
Total of UHL death's stands at 1,443

It's funny how the "extreme" left and right hold the same view of covid passports.
All ideology with little grasp on reality.

I can`t see a problem with a short term covid passport/status as we gradually unlock and return to normality.
Yes some folk will not be able to have the jab but the idea being it`s not forever.
The practicality of what it is and how it works is far trickier............

Back
Top Bottom