International News Covid-19 .....

Interesting how Australia`s system works, including "locking out" their own citizens, unless you are a global tennis superstar....

"Australia currently has a weekly cap on the number of international arrivals, with people having to undergo quarantine in a designated facility.
There are roughly 37,000 Australians waiting to return."

Fair play to Australia, I would be stricter still. With a few exceptions I don’t see why any country is allowing much movement in or out, it’s harder enough controlling this without allowing extra people in. You just have to accept that during a global pandemic people can’t just travel around the world on holidays etc because they fancy it.

Fair play to Australia, I would be stricter still. With a few exceptions I don’t see why any country is allowing much movement in or out, it’s harder enough controlling this without allowing extra people in. You just have to accept that during a global pandemic people can’t just travel around the world on holidays etc because they fancy it.
It would be hilarious if we didn’t let all the wankers on holiday in Dubai back in

At least something to be a bit more positive about.

Glad to be top of the Europe tables for something other than deaths.

Attachments

• 2653CC15-EEBD-44FD-AA86-17D5EE9CA608.png
    2653CC15-EEBD-44FD-AA86-17D5EE9CA608.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 16
I was very surprised by the lack of impact "pulling up the drawbridge" actually has.

Sage suggested that cutting the number of infections entering the UK by half would only delay the epidemic by five days.

The scientists estimated that a 95% reduction in imported cases, which would have required "draconian" travel restrictions, would have pushed things back by a month.

I was very surprised by the lack of impact "pulling up the drawbridge" actually has.

Sage suggested that cutting the number of infections entering the UK by half would only delay the epidemic by five days.

The scientists estimated that a 95% reduction in imported cases, which would have required "draconian" travel restrictions, would have pushed things back by a month.
What percentage of imported cases do Aus & NZ have? I’ve got no idea but I’d assume it must be as high as 95-99%?

I guess one benefit of reducing imported cases is that they are reducing the potential for other variants to be brought in.

I’d be interested to know what percentage of imported cases our (lack of) border control stopped between Feb 2020 and Jan 2021.

What percentage of imported cases do Aus & NZ have? I’ve got no idea but I’d assume it must be as high as 95-99%?

I guess one benefit of reducing imported cases is that they are reducing the potential for other variants to be brought in.

I’d be interested to know what percentage of imported cases our (lack of) border control stopped between Feb 2020 and Jan 2021.

I would think that once a virus is endemic in the population the case for locking the door is weakened.

The move on Monday does seem more aligned with keeping new variants out.... we`ve got our own thank you.

I wonder how many deaths that could have saved ?

I wonder how many deaths that could have saved ?

Interesting question but if the scientists suggest it only delays the inevitable you could say none but then statisticians would argue "whoever dies in the last month*" may have been saved by the delay.

*if there ever is an end point, which is unlikely, unless the mutations themselves eventually wipe themselves out by vulnerabilities.

Isn’t that simply because it’s too late - literally closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. If you live on an island, pulling up the drawbridge in Q1 2020 would appear to have been the effective approach. But who could have possibly foreseen that?..

Isn’t that simply because it’s too late - literally closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. If you live on an island, pulling up the drawbridge in Q1 2020 would appear to have been the effective approach. But who could have possibly foreseen that?..

It is summed up by New Zealand and Australia being able to have crowds at sporting events.

To be fair it was tried to a small degree, remember all the folk from cruise ships being bussed to various "holding centres"?
Once the scale of the problem and the UK`s connectivity with the rest of the world is starkly exposed we are pretty much stuffed.
Maybe the government took the "managed crash landing" option?

Imagine the headlines if almost 40,000 Brits weren`t allowed in almost a year later?

Wednesdays....
57523 up from 56902 (increase of 621)
Positive cases for Leicester City 26057 (increase of 300).
Positive cases for the County 31466 (increase of 321)
UHL reported 17 death's.
The death's occurred on the following days; 3rd January (1), 7th January (2), 8th January (3), 9th January (5), 11th January (5) and 12th January (1).

Total UHL deaths 866

Thursdays....
58430 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 57,523 (increase 901).
26444 (increase of 387) were within the Leicester City Council area.
31,986 (increase of 520) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 12 death's.
The death's occurred on the following days; 7th January (1), 8th January (5), 9th January (4) and 10th January (2).

Total UHL deaths 878.

Sorry for the delay..... got to count vaccine numbers now and separate staff and MOP`s.

Fridays.....
58966 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 58430 (increase 536).
26680 (increase of 236) were within the Leicester City Council area.
32286 (increase of 300) cases were reported in the County.

UHL reported 27 death's.

The death's occurred on the following days; 15th December (1), 16th December (1), 22nd December (1), 2nd January (1), 7th January (2), 8th January (1), 9th January (2), 10th January (2), 11th January (3), 12th January (8), 13th January (3) and 14th January (2).

Total number of UHL death's stands at 905 .

Are they seriously telling me that I haven't left the house in three weeks (other than for exercise) and fvcking coffee shops are open? 😡😡😡😡

There's plenty of workers deserving of a brew during their shift but it is currently up to the public to decide whether their trip to the coffee shop is essential. :rolleyes:

Are they seriously telling me that I haven't left the house in three weeks (other than for exercise) and fvcking coffee shops are open? 😡😡😡😡

In my town people go out of their way to deliberately aim for the town centre Costa as part of their daily exercise. Unbelievable. But they ‘need‘ it as a ‘treat‘, or ‘reward’ to help their mental health and to support the local economy apparently.
There are plenty of other ways to do that without spreading a bloody virus.

• React
Reactions: QR
There's plenty of workers deserving of a brew during their shift but it is currently up to the public to decide whether their trip to the coffee shop is essential. :rolleyes:
Agreed but all work places should be Covid safe and that includes toilets, kitchens etc. Either we're trying to reduce infection or we're not. If there is anything we should have learned from the past nine months it's half measures don't work.

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom