International News Covid-19 .....

Astounding! As is the photo within that piece showing the crowds at Durdle Door not even attempting social distancing. Given the situation we're in, irrespective of latest guidelines how can anyone of sound mind think that behaviour is wise?
Not sure what the spread of people was like before the incident, but it looks like they were herded together like that to allow the helicopters to land asap - presumably an ' exceptional circumstance' where the medical risk to the jumpers of waiting until everyone cleared the beach in a socially distanced manner was greater than the risk to the beachgoers of landing quickly.

Not sure what the spread of people was like before the incident, but it looks like they were herded together like that to allow the helicopters to land asap - presumably an ' exceptional circumstance' where the medical risk to the jumpers of waiting until everyone cleared the beach in a socially distanced manner was greater than the risk to the beachgoers of landing quickly.
Yes the later 'herding' was inevitable given the helicopters landing, but before the incidents people were covering every square inch of the beach. I think there's a photo embedded in the article above?

So much for staying alert! It wouldn't have happened at all if people stayed at home.

yep ?

A565F2CD-0981-46F5-8BF3-B15480242946.jpeg

Walking near the river yesterday afternoon /evening came across 3 separate groups of ‘familes’ each group had at least 4 to 6 adults plus children, adults mostly in their 20s & 30s I’d guess. Social distancing clearly not being observed.

Obviously some big families units all living under the same roof in West Oxon it would appear!

Similar observations from my daughter whilst walking in a park in Balham SW2.
Groups of up to 15.
Again mainly the 20/30 age group.
Selfish and unthinking.

Similar observations from my daughter whilst walking in a park in Balham SW2.
Groups of up to 15.
Again mainly the 20/30 age group.
Selfish and unthinking.

I used to think that there was just a small group of stupid people in society and ever was thus, however I’ve changed my mind somewhat and now believe these people are just plain selfish who in general know what they should and shouldn’t be doing but make a conscience decision to interpret the rules/recommendations to suit themselves.

In our neck of the woods, we have disused flooded quarrys which have been turned into a nature reserve. Over the last couple of weeks, the area had been trending on social media as "lakes" and a steady stream of visitors from out of the area has been coming to party. Yesterday, estimates of "over a thousand" to "2,000 maybe 3,000 people" came to the UK's latest holiday destination. One carload of youngsters had apparently come from Marlborough

Cars were parked literally anywhere - on bridleways, across driveways, even in the middle of a roundabout. There were "exchanges" between car occupants and local residents. Fences were broken down as they entered the restricted areas to reach the water.

People were bringing dinghy's and tombstoning into the water, which has a very high pH even though there are notices stating the danger and it's toxicity. Chinese lanterns were being launched as late as 10pm and the surrounding fields are as dry as a bone. Police did patrol (apparently over 150 calls were made to 101) but as the land is private, there is no criminal offence by being there, but what could half a dozen plod do?

Today, the residents nearest to the quarry have collected a mountain of rubbish (including drug paraphernalia) from the reserve and have physically barricaded the road into their estate, farmers have blocked access with farm implements and the site owners have sent security guards.

Who said life in the countryside was dull!

cq.JPG

Last edited:
In our neck of the woods, we have disused flooded quarrys which have been turned into a nature reserve. Over the last couple of weeks, the area had been trending on social media as "lakes" and a steady stream of visitors from out of the area has been coming to party. Yesterday, estimates of "over a thousand" to "2,000 maybe 3,000 people" came to the UK's latest holiday destination. One carload of youngsters had apparently come from Marlborough

Cars were parked literally anywhere - on bridleways, across driveways, even in the middle of a roundabout. There were "exchanges" between car occupants and local residents. Fences were broken down as they entered the restricted areas to reach the water.

People were bringing dinghy's and tombstoning into the water, which has a very high pH even though there are notices stating the danger and it's toxicity. Chinese lanterns were being launched as late as 10pm and the surrounding fields are as dry as a bone. Police did patrol (apparently over 150 calls were made to 101) but as the land is private, there is no criminal offence by being there, but what could half a dozen plod do?

Today, the residents nearest to the quarry have collected a mountain of rubbish (including drug paraphernalia) from the reserve and have physically barricaded the road into their estate, farmers have blocked access with farm implements and the site owners have sent security guards.

Who said life in the countryside was dull!

View attachment 3796
This is why those on here who said the government was right to say people shouldn't allowed to use their common sense were wrong.

Not verified but.... Word on the street is that the property Cummings stayed in up north was not registered for council tax and did not have planning permission which it would have needed if it was habitable (i.e own kitchen, toilet, bathroom). Of course it wouldn't be liable for council tax if it wasn't self contained in this way. But if this were so where would have his family prepared their food or carried out their ablutions?

Could be interesting if true.

Not verified but.... Word on the street is that the property Cummings stayed in up north was not registered for council tax and did not have planning permission which it would have needed if it was habitable (i.e own kitchen, toilet, bathroom). Of course it wouldn't be liable for council tax if it wasn't self contained in this way. But if this were so where would have his family prepared their food or carried out their ablutions?

Could be interesting if true.

Wasn't it a out building of an existing property? Therefore it wouldn't need independent council tax.

The straw clutching is getting a little more desperate whether verified or not!

Wasn't it a out building of an existing property? Therefore it wouldn't need independent council tax.

The straw clutching is getting a little more desperate whether verified or not!
Yes if it were an outbuilding without a kitchen and bathroom. No if it's fully self contained then it would be liable for council tax. Anyway the original story may not be true so let's see.

PS I was going to post about a story I read about Cummings going up north a few weeks before the story broke but didn't because I didn't believe it possibly could be true!?

Yes if it were an outbuilding without a kitchen and bathroom. No if it's fully self contained then it would be liable for council tax. Anyway the original story may not be true so let's see.

PS I was going to post about a story I read about Cummings going up north a few weeks before the story broke but didn't because I didn't believe it possibly could be true!?
Course you were!!

Sat here with my wife in our garden in Bampton in the glorious sunshine and reflecting how fortunate we have been here, during the the last 9 weeks of the pandemic.
The sacrifices and suffering of many throughout the length and breadth of the UK, would have been unthinkable in 2019.
Keep well everybody on here.
Keep posting.?

Back
Top Bottom