International News Covid-19 .....

Leaving Cum-head aside....

....am I right in thinking that with the slogan-changing first easing of lockdown now two weeks ago, any consequential impact on the death rate will start to appear (if it is going to happen) from now?

Has there been any reported upturn in hospital admissions in the last few days?

Leaving Cum-head aside....

....am I right in thinking that with the slogan-changing first easing of lockdown now two weeks ago, any consequential impact on the death rate will start to appear (if it is going to happen) from now?

Has there been any reported upturn in hospital admissions in the last few days?

Professor Greenhalgh posted something about that.

It’ll take a bit
Longer.

Well not really the rules applied to everyone, as i said before calling for losing their job is fine but would then have to apply to Ebay man Fish and chip man Party in the Park Attendees Footballers....We didn't go for the hard Borders or Army and Police at checkpoints throughout the Nation...We adopted the Libertarion approach..The message was if caught you'll get a fine....99.99% of people have continued doing the right thing and as with anyone who adopts a different attitude to rules/Laws etc the punishment fits the crime and applies as a one fit all...imho

Well the poster on here is not a part of government, the same government that bought in those rules and told people to follow them, so that’s a difference.

• React
Reactions: QR
Numbers being tested as positive dropped again last week, which doesn't fit that scenario in the tweet, and is one of the problems you can read 10 different opinions all slightly contradictory in as many minutes online.

She saying that that is the average time it takes from contact to infection- And from infection to death. That’s regardless of whether the figures have gone up or down.

The reason figures for deaths have dropped is because (thanks to the lockdow) the rate of infection has dropped too.

She is predicting that we will see any effect from people learning that Cummings ignored the rules In the death figures from the 17th of June onwards.

She saying that that is the average time it takes from contact to infection- And from infection to death. That’s regardless of whether the figures have gone up or down.

The reason figures for deaths have dropped is because (thanks to the lockdow) the rate of infection has dropped too.

She is predicting that we will see any effect from people learning that Cummings ignored the rules In the death figures from the 17th of June onwards.

Aargh I understand now, it appeared you were directly answering the question asked with that tweet, rather than using it just to illustrate potential timelines. Be interesting to see the figures in a fortnight as we will start to have a fair idea then if people in great numbers take it as an excuse to do as they please, or hopefully just look at it as another situation of politicians being pillocks and pulling up the drawbridge, and deciding a while longer doing the right thing is preferable.

Any Increase from official lockdown easing should therefore begin to happen from next weekend (although hospital admissions should already be showing now). Public reaction to cumquat from 17th, which will now cloud any impact from the contentious return of schools which would be a week or so later.

I feel there would have been as much, if not uproar if very early in Feb/early March if the UK government had instigated a full lockdown, subject all incoming people to a 14 day quarantine period at a "camp" or somewhere. If the Police and Army had been deployed with checkpoints everywhere, only 1 person per household physically allowed out once a week to buy groceries, thats all. I dont the UK and people could have done that (and the papers I am sure would have had a field day)
Why an uproar? Based on my observations people were keen to lockdown before the government announcement and most people have been heroic in their observation of the rules. And if we had lockdown earlier and closed the airports the virus wouldn't have been so wide spread and would have been easier to contain and reduce. I think it's called common sense.

Last edited:
Based on my observations people we keen to lockdown before the government announcement and most people have been heroic in their observation of the rules. And if we had lockdown earlier and closed the airports the virus wouldn't have been so wide spread and would have been easier to contain and reduce. I think it's called common sense.
I barely know anybody who didn’t want to lockdown sooner, or at least faster and firmer once it arrived. Even after the initial measures were brought in I can’t even keep track of how many people wanted to tighten up further, particularly given the borders were wide open. They’re still wide open for another two weeks, even now. If we had locked down tighter and had better, more honest communication the whole way through, not only would we be much further along in controlling this thing, but the government would have proven themselves moderately responsible and capable, and solidified every last supporter as well as added a few more. Instead we’ve ended up with... this.

The only people I’ve heard talking about how others would’ve been upset by harsher measures are the people who support the government. Weirdly, not one person who they accuse of being the ones who would’ve cried about it have ever been upset by the restrictions. They’ve largely been upset by the lack of them. I would find it amusing in a pathetic way were we not in such an enormous pool of sh*t.

They threw away our sacrifices several weeks ago when they announced these premature, purposefully vague easing of measures, and then they laughed in our faces when they told us Dominic Cummings is a man of integrity who simply loves his family more than us plebs.

Well the poster on here is not a part of government, the same government that bought in those rules and told people to follow them, so that’s a difference.

I fully understand your point, every single person though is responsible for their individual actions and if 2 people do the same wrong thing then they should both be treated the same.
The Bighton Day Tripper had his car taken away albeit for no insurance etc, i'm not sure if it ended up in the crusher...Perhaps the minister and wife should have their vehicles removed also...You might also argue if both get fined eg £1.000 which is likely to never miss it?......

It could be worse.....................................................................

We could be run by a labour government!! I shudder to think what it would be like.

So a better of 2 evils I suppose.
Blimey. Well over 35,000 dead and 'Labour would have done worse' is *still* being trotted out? Shameful.

9CD13B77-866F-4B53-AF5D-099AA3623AC4.jpeg

I’m always reminded of this letter that Johnson’s teacher sent to his father in times of ‘peak Boris’. It’s as fitting nearly 40 years on as the day it was written.

Cummings is a integral cog in the UK wheel it seems. Responsible for Brexit policy, NHS policy and CV19 policy. Regardless of his contempt when breaking the lockdown rules, shouldnt a CV like that be screaming out to be sacked!!! He has the opposite of the Midas touch and handled everything appallingly. ...and is making Boris look like the puppet whilst he is the master. I think we need to get rid of these spin doctors period - Alastair Campbell was the same under Blair - seemed to be running things from the shadows. Makes you wonder why we even have a PM, or elections, when establishment order is being rolled out by senior civil service

It begins. Weston hospital closes to new admissions, even A&E patients, due to a spike in covid patients.
Not sure it *quite* says there is a spike in new admissions, although that is of course possible. It could well be that the amount of daily admissions is fairly constant, but they are arriving quicker than people are being discharged. Looking online it has about 260 beds so not a huge hospital. I do also wonder whether (in general, not just there) NHS staff are having to be given some time off to recover and recharge their batteries after what has been a very difficult and stressful time for them.
It is indeed worrying that the situation seems to be deteriorating there though, for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom