Covered market shop - no sale on

Ox4Eva

Was in town with work and thought I would pop in the shop and see if there was any bargains but they have no sale on ?

Surely missing a trick as everywhere is pushing it's sales just now and busineas must be hard to come by.

Another balls up from the club, what the hell is happening? Whilst I'm on it being and exile living in North Yorkshire the online shop is crap. Oxford Utd sort your s**t out!!!!

What a negative lot you are! Moan moan moan

I could have said this about 80% of the threads. Moan moan moan! Cheer up happy new year!

I think of the areas Tiger mentioned when he came in was the availability and quality of the stock, still can't see any sign of improvement, apart from possibly the Puma shirt (don't know why they can't offer scarfs which aren't a major fire hazard!!!)

In the last 30 years I cannot remember many shops the club has been operating. The club had one near the Manor many years ago. The shop in the covered market may make very little due to high rent. Perhaps a sale makes no financial sense! Let's stop pushing this theme that the whole club is a shambles. From all the recent owners of the Club I would judge ian linigan as the most financially astute and he chose not to open a shop.

In the last 30 years I cannot remember many shops the club has been operating. The club had one near the Manor many years ago. The shop in the covered market may make very little due to high rent. Perhaps a sale makes no financial sense! Let's stop pushing this theme that the whole club is a shambles. From all the recent owners of the Club I would judge ian linigan as the most financially astute and he chose not to open a shop.

Nothing wrong with a city centre shop snd it's something I have supported but run it correctly.

He might have been financially astute but he did have Nick Merry and Kelvin Thomas in charge of running the club at various times.

They may also be quite low on stock in the UK as I would guess a decent amount got stolen over xmas and therefore selling what they do have cheap makes no sense at all.

They may also be quite low on stock in the UK as I would guess a decent amount got stolen over xmas and therefore selling what they do have cheap makes no sense at all.

Selling nothing makes no sense

Selling nothing makes no sense

Unless people are buying the stolen goods, you cant buy it anywhere else so if people want it, price probably wont come into it (no one is buying it for the quality are they)

In reality the only stock that will have a shelf life is the replica kit and they haven't had loads of that most of the season and will probably only start discounting that in a month or two.

Sales in the high street are a lot of fiction. Generally you ae buying stuff at the price it always should have been, cheap as it is a old model. Cheap as it has a short shelf life or because the buyer had a mare and they still have stock coming out of there ears.

Isn’t having an actual shop in this day and age a bit pointless? Unless an Oxford United FC shop bucks the the trend of them shutting down and being replaced by online purchasing, which seems unlikely, then it could well end up costing us money.

Big clubs can make money out of tourists/plastics, but I don’t see a market for us.

In Rome when I was there recently their were a load of Roma shops, but I only saw a direction sign for a Lazio shop, perhaps the branding is an easier sell to tourists. I know it’s tigers plan to sell the Oxford brand but is a little shop tucked away in the covered market going to realise that?

I think it's great to have a shop in the city centre but I am not sure the covered market is the right place. Lot of empty units in the Clarenden centre with more footfall. Also not enough choice of merchandise on sale in the shop either.

The online shop is pretty basic and again not much choice.

Isn’t having an actual shop in this day and age a bit pointless? Unless an Oxford United FC shop bucks the the trend of them shutting down and being replaced by online purchasing, which seems unlikely, then it could well end up costing us money.

Big clubs can make money out of tourists/plastics, but I don’t see a market for us.

In Rome when I was there recently their were a load of Roma shops, but I only saw a direction sign for a Lazio shop, perhaps the branding is an easier sell to tourists. I know it’s tigers plan to sell the Oxford brand but is a little shop tucked away in the covered market going to realise that?

The covered market gets a lot of tourist footfall

The online shop charges £5 for an OUFC key ring and £5 p&p. That kind of pricing makes the physical shops far more attractive.

I remember when they had a shop upstairs where the samuels jewelery shop is (if its still there) they sold premiersh1t stuff as well which p1ssed me off a bit.......really cant see a shop in the covered market doing very well

Back
Top Bottom