League One Coventry v Sunderland

Both teams don’t look great to be fair cov got abit more quality

Would be a nice payback if Coventry win it with such an early goal! What goes around....

On the other hand, it wouldn'be be bad if Coventry were to win 5-0. I'll be quite happy if we go up automatically with them.

The way it’s going, and the way they are kicking 7 bells out of each other, they may not have enough men left for the rest of the season...hopefully.

Let's see where Pompey are after they've played Peterborough next week and us on the 28th (the day before my birthday, and so I'll be expecting a resounding victory for us as an early present).

1-0 full time so we are now only a point behind Sunderland with the same games played.

Coventry's good form seems to be coinciding with that of Matt Godden. So any issue with him could lead to a collapse for them. Can't say the same about most of our other rivals.

Coventry looking very good and Rotherham stumbling. Sunderland not consistent enough to make top two. Pompey the ones to catch imo. Glad we're playing them at home - huge match that.

Pompey at home is their first match following their checkatrade trophy final isnt it?

Coventry's good form seems to be coinciding with that of Matt Godden. So any issue with him could lead to a collapse for them. Can't say the same about most of our other rivals.

only lost 3 all season, think they’ll win the league with games to spare

only lost 3 all season, think they’ll win the league with games to spare

They've won one more than us, and drawn the second most in the league. Their second highest league scorer is on 5 goals.

Godden started hitting form right at the end of 2019.

Pre-Godden form:

6 Coventry City Coventry 21 8 10 3 26:23 3 34

Post-Godden form:

1 Coventry City Coventry 33 17 13 3 47:30 17 64

He's scored 10 of their 21 goals since then, and those goals have earned them 11 points.

I know all that is very reductive, but I think my point stands. They are decent defensively, but were floundering with a lot of draws before they found a finisher.

Pompey at home is their first match following their checkatrade trophy final isnt it?

According to Soccerway, we play them the game before the Final. Also, hopefully they beat Arsenal tomorrow.

They've won one more than us, and drawn the second most in the league. Their second highest league scorer is on 5 goals.

Godden started hitting form right at the end of 2019.

Pre-Godden form:

6 Coventry City Coventry 21 8 10 3 26:23 3 34

Post-Godden form:

1 Coventry City Coventry 33 17 13 3 47:30 17 64

He's scored 10 of their 21 goals since then, and those goals have earned them 11 points.

I know all that is very reductive, but I think my point stands. They are decent defensively, but were floundering with a lot of draws before they found a finisher.

just predicting them to win the league with or without Godden.
Think Pompey will get second if the cup games don’t ruin them.

Back
Top Bottom