FA Cup Coventry v Birmingham

Who decides how many tickets they can have it’s there own ground surely they can dictate to Coventry how many there going to get

I very much doubt it as it will be covered by Coventry's lease and FA rules will play a part. That said I'd be surprised if Coventry didn't give them a lot more tickets maybe down one side which I think it is empty when Coventry play at home.

Will be weird for the Birmingham players going into the away dressing room in their own stadium.

Away allocation is 15% in the FA Cup, subject to Safety Group advice.
From the old FFGG about St Andrews......
"The normal allocation is 3,000 tickets, but this can be increased to around 4,500 (15.3%) for cup games (when the whole of the lower tier is allocated). This stand is normally shared with home fans housed on the other side who are separated by plastic netting. Although for most of the 2018/19 season the upper tier of the Gil Merrick Stand has been closed, when it has been opened then this results in home fans being housed above the away support."

So funny.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Away allocation is 15% in the FA Cup, subject to Safety Group advice.
From the old FFGG about St Andrews......
"The normal allocation is 3,000 tickets, but this can be increased to around 4,500 (15.3%) for cup games (when the whole of the lower tier is allocated). This stand is normally shared with home fans housed on the other side who are separated by plastic netting. Although for most of the 2018/19 season the upper tier of the Gil Merrick Stand has been closed, when it has been opened then this results in home fans being housed above the away support."

So funny.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Apparently if they draw fans are asked if they'd mind awfully exchanging tickets with other teams fans as they leave. :)

Honestly - if we played a cup game, and the Oxford fans had to sit in the away end of the Kasstad......it would probably be a fun experience for an afternoon (if you could get a ticket). No idea what the view or the acoustics are like over there - be interesting to find out!

• React
Reactions: m
Honestly - if we played a cup game, and the Oxford fans had to sit in the away end of the Kasstad......it would probably be a fun experience for an afternoon (if you could get a ticket). No idea what the view or the acoustics are like over there - be interesting to find out!

You could find out next year if a temp stand is built to house away fans.

I watched a "mid week" game at the Manor from the Cuckoo Lane, against Bolton in `96. Weather was shite, got there late LRT was full.
Must say the LRT terrace looked a lot more "hostile" from the other end especially under the lights.

I watched the last game of the 84/5 season from the Cuckoo Lane, the game we won to clinch what is now the Championship title, think it was against Barnsley. Few games back then were split terrace at the CL end. Weird experience. Wasn't the Everton cup game in '84 (the Brock back pass game) split terrace as well?

wonder if the midlands police will treat the Cov v Brum match in a similarly ridiculous *way as S Wales police are treating Cardiff v Swansea ?

* a Swansea supporter who lives in Cardiff,walking distance from Cardiffs ground, has got to travel to Swansea and get a coach to the game ( from swansea) to get a match ticket. he also has to travel, by coach, back to swansea after the match, due to restrictions imposed by the police and the clubs ( story is on the FSA site- which I cant find at the moment!)

From what I've read, they are splitting the stadium so Coventry fans have half and Birmingham fans have half.

Back
Top Bottom