Coventry fan in peace

Wallop

Hi guys Coventry fan here; not sure where i should post but this seems as good a place as any given we are mentioned in the title!

Im hoping someone here could give me some advice about tickets for the game on saturday. As a Cov fan living close to Oxford, i was hoping to get an away ticket for saturday but unfortunately by the time they had got to general sale today, they had all sold out and it has been confirmed we will not be given any more. The only option i have is to go in the home end which i have done in the past against other teams and always held my emotion in and never had any trouble. Ive tried the online ticketing website but have just got a message saying new accounts cannot buy tickets...this seems an incredibly poor system given there may be genuine oxford fans who are looking to buy tickets online for the first time who cannot do so.

Im just looking to sit quietly in the home end and give OUFC my money is there any other option for me? Is it possible to just pay on the gate with cash turnstiles in the home end as i wont be wearing anything CCFC related and this would surely be next to impossible to police to keep out away fans.

Thanks for your help on good luck for the rest of the season after saturday and when we play you at "home"
No cash on the day. To be honest, unless you can find a fan with an account willing to buy you a ticket, your options are limited. You might need to offer a bribe or two. ;) If you're desperate to attend, you could look at buying a ticket that entitles you to dinner in the Boardroom and a ticket in the main stand. This would probably be about £60 but there may be less restrictions. Of course, you'd need a jacket and tie!

Hi guys Coventry fan here; not sure where i should post but this seems as good a place as any given we are mentioned in the title!

Im hoping someone here could give me some advice about tickets for the game on saturday. As a Cov fan living close to Oxford, i was hoping to get an away ticket for saturday but unfortunately by the time they had got to general sale today, they had all sold out and it has been confirmed we will not be given any more. The only option i have is to go in the home end which i have done in the past against other teams and always held my emotion in and never had any trouble. Ive tried the online ticketing website but have just got a message saying new accounts cannot buy tickets...this seems an incredibly poor system given there may be genuine oxford fans who are looking to buy tickets online for the first time who cannot do so.

Im just looking to sit quietly in the home end and give OUFC my money is there any other option for me? Is it possible to just pay on the gate with cash turnstiles in the home end as i wont be wearing anything CCFC related and this would surely be next to impossible to police to keep out away fans.

Thanks for your help on good luck for the rest of the season after saturday and when we play you at "home"

No cash on the day. To be honest, unless you can find a fan with an account willing to buy you a ticket, your options are limited. You might need to offer a bribe or two. ;) If you're desperate to attend, you could look at buying a ticket that entitles you to dinner in the Boardroom and a ticket in the main stand. This would probably be about £60 but there may be less restrictions. Of course, you'd need a jacket and tie!

Christ...anyone would trying to think im trying to buy tickets to El Classico :rolleyes:

Im thinking my only other option is to go to the ticket office on match day and give a random OX postcode.... What if you're just randomly in the area one day and fancy watching the football but don't live in Oxford... seems a ludicrous system

• React
Reactions: Ian
Christ...anyone would trying to think im trying to buy tickets to El Classico :rolleyes:

Im thinking my only other option is to go to the ticket office on match day and give a random OX postcode.... What if you're just randomly in the area one day and fancy watching the football but don't live in Oxford... seems a ludicrous system

Buy a ticket for the game tonight ? don’t go, but then you will be on the database for Saturday...

Buy a ticket for the game tonight ? don’t go, but then you will be on the database for Saturday...

Same applies, cannot buy a ticket for tonight even if i wanted to as i get the same message about being a new account. I assume its because the away end has sold out for both games....i'm stumped. If i were a tourist turning up in Oxford on match day and wanted to take a game in as a neutral, it seems the club would just outright refuse to serve me? I just don't get it, its not like this at CCFC

• React
Reactions: Ian
Same applies, cannot buy a ticket for tonight even if i wanted to as i get the same message about being a new account. I assume its because the away end has sold out for both games....i'm stumped. If i were a tourist turning up in Oxford on match day and wanted to take a game in as a neutral, it seems the club would just outright refuse to serve me? I just don't get it, its not like this at CCFC

I could understand if it was a high profile game or a local derby with potential trouble expected but..its just Coventry and theres going to be thousands of empty seats anyway it seems which just begs the question why weren't we given more away tickets with OUFC seemingly just turning away free money

I could understand if it was a high profile game or a local derby with potential trouble expected but..its just Coventry and theres going to be thousands of empty seats anyway it seems which just begs the question why weren't we given more away tickets with OUFC seemingly just turning away free money
I see your point but it will give you an advantage if you have 3 or 4 thousand away fans. We would rather have the pts than the cash it seems.

Let’s not start this again. Should we give Coventry the whole of the north stand?!

As a CCFC fan, we always had up to 6k away tickets at the Ricoh for anyone who wanted them and never had any issue with it. Teams are just as likely to freeze with a big away following as they are to play well, if number of away fans correlated with winning % teams that sold out the away end every week would be top. This is besides the issue anyway, my issue is that i cant be respected as an adult to watch a game of football in the home end at OUFC. Not come across this at any other team where you cant even pay on the gate

Why not contact Coventry and explain the situation maybe they'll be able to provide one allocated to Club officials. Players families etc for a donation to the club's academy/youth setup

The problem is the away fans are in a split stand with home fans who have season tickets, why should they be moved to get another 500 or so away fans in?

Of course if we had a finished ground it wouldn't be a problem but previous owners decided not to complete the 4th side, so we are a bit screwed really.

As a CCFC fan, we always had up to 6k away tickets at the Ricoh for anyone who wanted them and never had any issue with it. Teams are just as likely to freeze with a big away following as they are to play well, if number of away fans correlated with winning % teams that sold out the away end every week would be top. This is besides the issue anyway, my issue is that i cant be respected as an adult to watch a game of football in the home end at OUFC. Not come across this at any other team where you cant even pay on the gate
This isn't entirely true, e. g. Have you ever tried getting away tickets to Wimbledon? Other clubs do this if away end is a sell out.
You can pay on the gate for most matches, it is because the club anticipates away supporters trying to do exactly what you, are doing to get home tickets that these restrictions are in place for the Coventry match, so you are proving that the system works.

This isn't entirely true, e. g. Have you ever tried getting away tickets to Wimbledon? Other clubs do this if away end is a sell out.
You can pay on the gate for most matches, it is because the club anticipates away supporters trying to do exactly what you, are doing to get home tickets that these restrictions are in place for the Coventry match, so you are proving that the system works.

Just because a system works doesn't mean its the right system. I've been robbed of a day out enjoying a game of football respectfully and Oxford have been robbed out of my £20 that would help the club. Who wins?

"To do so fans must have previously purchased an OUFC match ticket on or before August 13th 2019 OR purchasers must have an OX postcode."

Know anyone with a local postcode?

"To do so fans must have previously purchased an OUFC match ticket on or before August 13th 2019 OR purchasers must have an OX postcode."

Know anyone with a local postcode?

Unfortunately not mate, looks like I'm just going to have to give up

Just because a system works doesn't mean its the right system. I've been robbed of a day out enjoying a game of football respectfully and Oxford have been robbed out of my £20 that would help the club. Who wins?
The restrictions on how the club sells tickets will be based on advice from TVP.
And all because our slum landlord deemed it acceptable for us to have a 3 sided stadium with no away end.

The restrictions on how the club sells tickets will be based on advice from TVP.
And all because our slum landlord deemed it acceptable for us to have a 3 sided stadium with no away end.

Shame...was looking forward to it. Can rarely get to games due to work commitments as it is so feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth when i can get to a game and there are plenty of tickets in the stadium but i'm not trusted to buy one.

Back
Top Bottom