Coventry cup game

Is anyone going to stick their head above the parapet and do a matchday thread? Can I watch it on ifollow?

I'm not certain weather I can be bothered to shell out the price of a match ticket with the head coach dismissing the cup game as irrelevant in his rad Ox interview....if he and his players can't be bothered, why should Ibother travelling 120 miles and paying on the day match ticket prices as well as paying out on fuel, food n beer etc....pre season I had high expectations for this season....2 weeks in the head coach dismissed the league cup ...a proper cup competition ...one we have won...as irrelevant. THAT statement is, to me, incomprehensible :cautious:

I'm not certain weather I can be bothered to shell out the price of a match ticket with the head coach dismissing the cup game as irrelevant in his rad Ox interview....if he and his players can't be bothered, why should Ibother travelling 120 miles and paying on the day match ticket prices as well as paying out on fuel, food n beer etc....pre season I had high expectations for this season....2 weeks in the head coach dismissed the league cup ...a proper cup competition ...one we have won...as irrelevant. THAT statement is, to me, incomprehensible :cautious:

To be fair the league cup really isn't what it used to be and I can understand resting players in the early rounds. Its still early days in the season so why not use it to get fringe players some game time. Are we going to win it? No. Am I bothered if we go out tonight? No.
The FA cup is a cup that i'd much rather we had a run in. The prize money is a lot better, it's got more tradition and is still one of the few proper cup tournaments left in football.

Hopefully the £12 it's cost to get in tonight will be worth it.

I need to get to London after the game, I guess it can go to extra time or is it straight to pens, can't remember?

To be fair the league cup really isn't what it used to be and I can understand resting players in the early rounds. Its still early days in the season so why not use it to get fringe players some game time.

That would be fine if the first choice players showed signs of firing on all cylinders and the team was playing errm as a team! I think he ought to play the majority of what he considers the starting XI but make a few judicious changes where he brings a few in to replace those players who aren't performing and the replacement actually has a fighting change of replacing the incumbent next Saturday. If not, then giving fringe players a run out is a complete waste of time and a missed opportunity to get the team playing properly.

I would say the league cup is relevant. You've got a chance of playing a 'big' club in it. And as previously mentioned, we've won it!

Unlike the abomination trophy where you we the indignity of playing some over pampered premier league children. That's the competition that KR really should be considering irrelevant!

I think he's fooled us all.... on the first 45 minute showing I think this is the team that'll face Portsmouth......
No way,Smith,Holmes,Hanson and Nelson will all be in that team. do think there are people in that first 45 who deserve a spot though.

Back
Top Bottom