League One Coventry City _ Ground update

Good, if true, and I hope the council get behind them. I wouldn't trust SISU as far as I could throw them, though.
I would it would imagine the terms of the proposed deal as to whether the council got behind them. The council apparently asked for a detailed proposal, and SISU sent what they said was a "masterplan" - which amounted to less than two sheets of A4. SISU then went public to try and put pressure on the council. Neither side comes out of it well.

We need to be watching this because when our tenancy runs out.............................

Is that right? will not the match day costs double? there will only be one winner IF it ever happened FK.
As a fan of OUFC, the move wouldn't have my blessing.
It would not have my blessing but yes the service charge would go down significantly.
The day to day upkeep of the ground maintenance rates water rates building insurance and other costs would he shared.
Sure some costs would increase but nowhere near doubled.

It would not have my blessing but yes the service charge would go down significantly.
The day to day upkeep of the ground maintenance rates water rates building insurance and other costs would he shared.
Sure some costs would increase but nowhere near doubled.
Would not "upkeep of the ground maintenance rates water rates building insurance and other costs" increase?
You add another tenant in the property and with their match day costs, weekly use of the stadium costs, stewards and other match day staff, restaurant and catering costs, as well as all the standard stuff of utilities that make up a service charge.

Thinking about it I can't see any change in costs to us, just an aditional revenue for the landlord, did we get a reduction when LW appeared or an increase when they left, only 1 winner here but hopefully it will never happen.

Would not "upkeep of the ground maintenance rates water rates building insurance and other costs" increase?
You add another tenant in the property and with their match day costs, weekly use of the stadium costs, stewards and other match day staff, restaurant and catering costs, as well as all the standard stuff of utilities that make up a service charge.

Thinking about it I can't see any change in costs to us, just an aditional revenue for the landlord, did we get a reduction when LW appeared or an increase when they left, only 1 winner here but hopefully it will never happen.
There are lots of fixed costs.
There is no extra revenue to the landlord except for a management charge.
So yes the costs would definitely go down.
The maintenance of the ground would probably only change marginally but would be split in two. There is presumably a person who is in charge of maintenance around the stadium generally. They wouldn't get another in just due to an extra team playing 25 times a season.
Business rates on the stadium would not change ( I believe). The building insurance covers 24/7 fire flooding etc. That would only change marginally for one team playing 25 times a season.
There would be significant fixed costs that would have to be split 50/50 rather than oufc coughing up for all of it (Kassam would pay for some if the costs due to the conference centre)

There are lots of fixed costs.
There is no extra revenue to the landlord except for a management charge.
So yes the costs would definitely go down.
The maintenance of the ground would probably only change marginally but would be split in two. There is presumably a person who is in charge of maintenance around the stadium generally. They wouldn't get another in just due to an extra team playing 25 times a season.
Business rates on the stadium would not change ( I believe). The building insurance covers 24/7 fire flooding etc. That would only change marginally for one team playing 25 times a season.
There would be significant fixed costs that would have to be split 50/50 rather than oufc coughing up for all of it (Kassam would pay for some if the costs due to the conference centre)
So did we get a "significant reduction" when LW were here?

So did we get a "significant reduction" when LW were here?
Well there seems to have been a lot of comments about the huge costs since London Welsh left....
I would think that there would be a significant increase since they left (would you call £100k for example significant?)
The talk is of paying nearly £1m. I believe that the rent is circa £375k?? So a huge service charge.

Well there seems to have been a lot of comments about the huge costs since London Welsh left....
I would think that there would be a significant increase since they left (would you call £100k for example significant?)
The talk is of paying nearly £1m. I believe that the rent is circa £375k?? So a huge service charge.
Please don’t peddle that £1m shite.
Our rent is circa £250k plus vat
The service charge is circa £300k plus vat I think I read.
At the moment we are paying the outstanding money owed on the service charge we have not paid through arbitration, both lots of costs incurred by arbitration, that is only the fault of the club (DE).
So you never confirmed if we had a reduction when LW were here, as per your original point of our costs would be less if cov arrived?
I’m genuinely interested as I see only one winner in any scenario.

They have until 25th April to tell the EFL their plans for next season. They've narrowed it down to two ground-shares plus the preferred option of staying at the Ricoh.

Excellent article on the Coventry City situation by Oliver Kay in the Times today

SISU have lost their latest legal appeal on the Ricoh. Wasps suggest they are still willing to talk if SISU drop trying to continue the legal process.

SISU and Wasps finally talking it seems.
well, as SISU are in a lull in their legal action after having lost the latest appeal (again), it is probably time. Hopefully they are seeing sense and deciding to work with everyone else rather than try and cheat them/bully them/sue them.
They do seem the strangest hedge fund. Never seen one quite so keen on chucking money away.

Coventrys' future at the Ricoh in doubt again because owners Sisu have taken their legal case to the EU - you really couldn't make this up!
It's almost as if Sisu want Covebtry to fold (although they would presumably lie out if that happened)
Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom