League One Coventry City _ Ground update

We're only an hour away, would it be the worst idea if they contributed to our extortionate rent and service charge fees. Would Kassam be able to charge extra if it went through the EFL or would we be able to receive some form of compensation for them using our ground?

Not saying its ideal, but today of all days highlights why having money coming from a source inside the country (via the EFL for example) into a UK BANK ACCOUNT could be handy...

We're only an hour away, would it be the worst idea if they contributed to our extortionate rent and service charge fees. Would Kassam be able to charge extra if it went through the EFL or would we be able to receive some form of compensation for them using our ground?

Not saying its ideal, but today of all days highlights why having money coming from a source inside the country (via the EFL for example) into a UK BANK ACCOUNT could be handy...

It would have no effect on us (except for the FL having to organise fixtures to avoid each other and making the pitch even worse) or our rent if Coventry played at the Kasstad. Kassam would get more money just like he did with London Welsh.

It would have no effect on us (except for the FL having to organise fixtures to avoid each other and making the pitch even worse) or our rent if Coventry played at the Kasstad. Kassam would get more money just like he did with London Welsh.
It would reduce the Service charge as that would be split by one additional party.

They’ve only got till tomorrow to sort it.
Much as I’d hate to see them go out of business I wouldn’t like to see our pitch cut up like it was with the rugby.
Kassam would no doubt pocket all the profit too

It would reduce the Service charge as that would be split by one additional party.

Was more the service charge I was thinking about, although I'm sure Kassam would find a way to destroy two clubs by increasing it.

The result of the FL survey for the Coventry fans about the groundshare, done via their fans Trust, Sky Blues Trust is in.

The survey:

If, by 25 April 2019, Coventry City do not have an arrangement to play matches in Coventry for the 2019/20 season, would you be in favour of Coventry City being permitted to play matches at a stadium outside the Coventry area under a ground-sharing arrangement as an alternative to expulsion from the EFL?

SUPPORTERS WILL BE ASKED TO PICK ONE ANSWER. Note that supporters who select option (b) below should recognise that this is the equivalent of a ‘no’ vote should the club be unwilling/unable to provide a binding commitment.

a) a ground-share within 50 miles from Coventry;

b) a ground-share within 50 miles from Coventry, subject to a binding commitment to return to Coventry within 3 years;

c) opposition to a ground-share outside Coventry as an alternative to expulsion from the EFL.

The Trust has agreed to ask its Members to answer the EFL’s suggested questiona above. The Trust has also decided to invite supporters who are not Trust members also to let us have their answers to the question.

(from the Sky Blues Trust website)

The result:

The Sky Blue Trust is now able to publish the results of its recent ground sharing survey, which closed at 6pm on Friday 29 March.

There are two preliminary points that we need to emphasise and have now done so to the EFL.

1. The vast majority of CCFC supporters wish the club to remain at the Ricoh.

2. Some supporters felt unable to answer the question posed because all of the three options presented were unacceptable to them.

The result of the survey was as follows:

A) 338 votes 12.05%
B) 821 votes 29.28%
C) 1645 votes 58.67%

Total votes cast = 2804

We are satisfied from active monitoring of the survey that this outcome reflects the views of those Sky Blue Trust members who felt able to respond and also broadly represents the views of the wider supporter base.

We have advised the EFL that it is now incumbent on them to exercise all possible influence on CCFC management, its owner and director, and any of the other parties to this protracted dispute who the EFL feels able to influence, to act in the best interests of the club, its supporters and the whole Sky Blues Community, so that none of these three outcomes becomes reality.

(From the Sky Blues Trust website)

The result of the FL survey for the Coventry fans about the groundshare, done via their fans Trust, Sky Blues Trust is in.

The survey:

If, by 25 April 2019, Coventry City do not have an arrangement to play matches in Coventry for the 2019/20 season, would you be in favour of Coventry City being permitted to play matches at a stadium outside the Coventry area under a ground-sharing arrangement as an alternative to expulsion from the EFL?

SUPPORTERS WILL BE ASKED TO PICK ONE ANSWER. Note that supporters who select option (b) below should recognise that this is the equivalent of a ‘no’ vote should the club be unwilling/unable to provide a binding commitment.

a) a ground-share within 50 miles from Coventry;

b) a ground-share within 50 miles from Coventry, subject to a binding commitment to return to Coventry within 3 years;

c) opposition to a ground-share outside Coventry as an alternative to expulsion from the EFL.

The Trust has agreed to ask its Members to answer the EFL’s suggested questiona above. The Trust has also decided to invite supporters who are not Trust members also to let us have their answers to the question.

(from the Sky Blues Trust website)

The result:

The Sky Blue Trust is now able to publish the results of its recent ground sharing survey, which closed at 6pm on Friday 29 March.

There are two preliminary points that we need to emphasise and have now done so to the EFL.

1. The vast majority of CCFC supporters wish the club to remain at the Ricoh.

2. Some supporters felt unable to answer the question posed because all of the three options presented were unacceptable to them.

The result of the survey was as follows:

A) 338 votes 12.05%
B) 821 votes 29.28%
C) 1645 votes 58.67%

Total votes cast = 2804

We are satisfied from active monitoring of the survey that this outcome reflects the views of those Sky Blue Trust members who felt able to respond and also broadly represents the views of the wider supporter base.

We have advised the EFL that it is now incumbent on them to exercise all possible influence on CCFC management, its owner and director, and any of the other parties to this protracted dispute who the EFL feels able to influence, to act in the best interests of the club, its supporters and the whole Sky Blues Community, so that none of these three outcomes becomes reality.

(From the Sky Blues Trust website)
Great insight to the issues there....is it just me (probably) who thinks the above is like a cov version of brexit voting options in the house of commons the past week or so? :unsure:

Great insight to the issues there....is it just me (probably) who thinks the above is like a cov version of brexit voting options in the house of commons the past week or so? :unsure:

The options are awfully worded and not great which is why I think the number voted is so low coupled with quite a few thinking it is a box ticking exercise.

Update on the deadline. I suspect by the wording and that Coventry/FL will have been in regular contact that the FL are amenable to allowing them further than the 6 miles previously stated. Burton have offered them a groundshare according to the local Coventry paper.

They will end up at the Ricoh, an agreement will happen because Wasps will not want to be the reason Coventry no longer have a league club. That could be detrimental to their own support in the city.

They will end up at the Ricoh, an agreement will happen because Wasps will not want to be the reason Coventry no longer have a league club. That could be detrimental to their own support in the city.

Don't be so certain. There is a lot of animosity between the Council, Wasps and SISU/Coventry City. SISU won't drop their legal challenge, even though they've lost numerous times and Wasps won't negotiate until they do.

Don't be so certain. There is a lot of animosity between the Council, Wasps and SISU/Coventry City. SISU won't drop their legal challenge, even though they've lost numerous times and Wasps won't negotiate until they do.

I agree. The club seems to be in an impossible position at the moment. SISU are useless, the council seems fed up with them and Wasps don't want to negotiate. I don't think it would bother Wasps if Cov were gone. The only real option is for someone to buy the club and arrange a ground-share while building them a new ground. Sounds familiar.

It's a real pity and somewhat sad to me as I've had a soft for the club since I was at Warwick Uni. Used to go along to watch them quite a bit when Oxford were away.

Is that right? will not the match day costs double? there will only be one winner IF it ever happened FK.
As a fan of OUFC, the move wouldn't have my blessing.

I agree. The club seems to be in an impossible position at the moment. SISU are useless, the council seems fed up with them and Wasps don't want to negotiate. I don't think it would bother Wasps if Cov were gone. The only real option is for someone to buy the club and arrange a ground-share while building them a new ground. Sounds familiar.

It's a real pity and somewhat sad to me as I've had a soft for the club since I was at Warwick Uni. Used to go along to watch them quite a bit when Oxford were away.

Apparently the club/SISU have identified a site, an ex School site (Woodlands School I think) which is owned by the Council. Conveniently leaked by SISU publically on the day they are supposed to confirm they have a ground to play in next season. So SISU want the Council to sell them the site and publically support the scheme to drop their legal case over the Ricoh.

Good, if true, and I hope the council get behind them. I wouldn't trust SISU as far as I could throw them, though.

Back
Top Bottom