League One Coventry City _ Ground update

So Wasps have called off talks with Sisu - how entirely predictable.
The original deadline for Coventry to name their ground for next season was March or face expulsion.
Since then 2 more deadlines in April have been and gone.
Sisu are playing the EFL for mugs.

No wonder they wanted to stay at the Ricoh :
"Coventry City were widely reported to have been paying £100,000 a year to play at the Ricoh, whilst also contributing towards the ground’s running costs."
Not bad for a stadium with 4 sides!

I used to think there old ground Highfield Rd was a decent ground. Should never of left there!

A real shame. SISU have a lot to answer for.

There won’t be much of a crowd there next season either, it’s been widely reported the Coventry fans will boycott all games at St. Andrews

Looks like the EFL are doing a great job at letting down clubs below the championship. Quite clear now that they couldn’t give 2 shits about the smaller clubs.
Ah but it's fine, they are sorting out the tone of tweeting from official club accounts. Far more important.

Enforce their rules?
What rule are they not enforcing?
It seems to me that the EFL had doing their best to keep the club alive despite SISU who could have dropped the legal threats re the ground purchased and got a 5 year deal.
Incidentally last year Coventry paid £100k rent.

I thought Walsall would have been a good ground share choice. Birmingham will really upset the fans

Isnt it SISUs fault?
What could the EFL do?

For starters the EFL themselves said Coventry couldn't move more than a 6 mile radius out of Coventry. St Andrews is 22 miles away from the Ricoh Arena.

In regards to Bury, the EFL let Steve Dale take control of the club without passing a fit and proper persons test and he still hasn't to this day. They don't seem to be putting any pressure on Dale to sell up and if Bury FC go to the wall then it will be on the EFL's head considering it was them that let Steve Dale take over a club.

For starters the EFL themselves said Coventry couldn't move more than a 6 mile radius out of Coventry. St Andrews is 22 miles away from the Ricoh Arena.

In regards to Bury, the EFL let Steve Dale take control of the club without passing a fit and proper persons test and he still hasn't to this day. They don't seem to be putting any pressure on Dale to sell up and if Bury FC go to the wall then it will be on the EFL's head considering it was them that let Steve Dale take over a club.
With regard to Coventry the EFL allowed them to go further away to try and save the club?
There was nowhere else they could really go (6 mile radius is ridiculous)

Agree re Bury if that's the case.

Interesting article in the Sunday Times today.
I didn't realise what a financial basket case Wasps are. They apparently have loans if £55.8m losing £9.7m last year!!
They are being investigated for alleged financial irregularities plus going to the European Commission re the purchase of the Ricoh.
Incidentally the view is that haf the EFL enforced the 6 mile rule was a last ditch attempt to prevent the club being expelled from the FL.

Back
Top Bottom