Away Match Day Thread Coventry away

BigAlan

Well my annual away game is coming up, four of us nipping up to Coventry’s Ricoh arena as next year god knows where they will be playing, between Sisu and Wasps there stuck between warring companies.

Just booked all tickets online and surprised concessions start at 60 so I get in, even better.

See you all there.

I was also surprised at the over 60 concessions. Getting old has its advantages!!!!
Shame that the powers that be at OUFC so far are doggedly sticking at 65 for senior concessions (paying extortionate rent &service charge to the slum landlord may be a factor?), wheras many efl clubs and Wembley stadium too have 60 as when concessions for seniors begin

Maybe a question to ask the md on thursdays radox q n a 5minute fans forum....though he'll likey have to get back to 'us' on that ? :unsure:

Cov away on a Saturday................................ should take a few..... £12.80 return on the chuff chuff..... hmmmmmmmm.......... ?????????

Cov away on a Saturday................................ should take a few..... £12.80 return on the chuff chuff..... hmmmmmmmm.......... ?????????
Is this with your "Senior Railcard"? Seems ridiculously cheap. Is it changing at Kidlington, Tackley, Adderbury, Banbury, Leamington Spa etc.!!! If so, count me in.

A combination of health problems and financial problems means that my away days are long since gone. But it still doesn't stop me from being bloody jealous of those that can go!!!:devilish:

Shame that the powers that be at OUFC so far are doggedly sticking at 65 for senior concessions (paying extortionate rent &service charge to the slum landlord may be a factor?), wheras many efl clubs and Wembley stadium too have 60 as when concessions for seniors begin

Maybe a question to ask the md on thursdays radox q n a 5minute fans forum....though he'll likey have to get back to 'us' on that ? :unsure:
This has already been answered in one of Matt Everett's articles on the OWS. Something like, with so few sources of income at the club, match day tickets are key, and they can't just discount up to 25 and over 60, as that reduces the range of full paying adults from 45 years (20 to 65) to 35 years (25 to 60).

Also I think he said that when other club's discount tickets, the fan may well be spending money on food and drink which benefits that club and so they can offset one against the other. Here of course, there is no (or v. little) benefit to OUFC in a fan spending money at the ground.

Last edited:
This is one of those occasions where the price reduction has swayed us into going. Bit of drive up and back from Hampshire but with the saving on tickets for over 60's and a long weekend and the recent form, the Loungers will be attending!
Not many grounds have the discount but much appreciated when they do.

Nearest away game by a country mile for me!

Anyone drinking in town I recommend -

Twisted barrel tap room
Drapers
Beer gonzo taproom (might not be open Saturday morning)
Castle grounds
Town wall tavern
There are three Wetherspoons inside the ring road as well.

This has already been answered in one of Matt Everett's articles on the OWS. Something like, with so few sources of income at the club, match day tickets are key, and they can't just discount up to 25 and over 60, as that reduces the range of full paying adults from 45 years (20 to 65) to 35 years (25 to 60).

Also I think he said that when other club's discount tickets, the fan may well be spending money on food and drink which benefits that club and so they can offset one against the other. Here of course, there is no (or v. little) benefit to OUFC in a fan spending money at the ground.
With the retirement age going up I can't quite see why the concession age should go down.
Agree Mark this has been answered pretty comprehensively

Back
Top Bottom