FA Cup Cost of VAR at Newcastle

NottsYellow

Per Priceoffootball on twitter, the expenses of our game at Newcastle included £9,251.00 + VAT for the use of VAR!!!!!!

Thought the officials made the correct decision at the time and VAR just confirming those calls, can’t understand why it is used in the FA cup because not all clubs have it , save the money and have an even playing field.

Last edited:
Thought the officials made the correct decision at the time and VAR just confirming those calls, can’t understand why it is use in the FA cup because not all clubs have it , save the money and have an even playing field.
It is fair for the two teams playing in a match where VAR is available so I see no issue with the principle of using it where it’s installed even though I hate VAR.

It is fair for the two teams playing in a match where VAR is available so I see no issue with the principle of using it where it’s installed even though I hate VAR.
Exactly. I don't see the fuss of some games having VAR and not others. All games are being played to the same laws, just have different means of getting the laws applied correctly, and no team in the competition is disadvantaged at all.

The Laws of the game are meant to be universal, the correct decision is as important at Crewe as Old Trafford

Exactly. I don't see the fuss of some games having VAR and not others. All games are being played to the same laws, just have different means of getting the laws applied correctly, and no team in the competition is disadvantaged at all.

i will counter that, let's look at the Browne incident if that's at Newcastle the goal and incidents leading up to it gets checked but at Oxford it's not..potentially that could cost a place in the next round (i saw no foul btw just using it as an illustration )

The Laws of the game are meant to be universal, the correct decision is as important at Crewe as Old Trafford
But Crewe don’t have VAR and so it isn’t an option there. Are you saying that we should not use the technology (as much as I hate it) which is more likely to result in the correct outcome in a specific match where neither side is disadvantaged in that specific match by its use?

i will counter that, let's look at the Browne incident if that's at Newcastle the goal and incidents leading up to it gets checked but at Oxford it's not..potentially that could cost a place in the next round (i saw no foul btw just using it as an illustration )
I don’t see the relevance of that argument - the suggestion is that if the technology is available for use in a specific match so that neither side is disadvantaged in that match, why wouldn’t you use it? It has no impact on sides playing in matches where the technology isn’t available.

Irrelevant. No team is at disadvantage in any match. If VAR (even if we dont like it) gets to the correct decision then who can complain. How does a game that has VAR affect another game that doesn't?

I'll say it again, no team is at any disadvantage as all games are being played to the same laws. Some games have good refs, some have crap refs, some have VAR.

Edit. Only just saw Wallop"s reply stating the same.

I would say that if you have played a season long campaign without VAR and then come into a game with a team that have played all season with VAR you are at a disadvantage.

I would say that if you have played a season long campaign without VAR and then come into a game with a team that have played all season with VAR you are at a disadvantage.
Why?

Still playing to the same laws of the game.

You will have learnt what VAR will pick up, how to force the VAR check and to start the game quickly if you have the opportunity!

VAR multiple replays & use of technology, taking upto ten mins and disrupting the flow of the game

without VAR one man, with at best one of his two assistant referees advising, on the spur of the moment

same laws applied ..... vastly different application of said laws between the two forms of making decisions

VAR multiple replays & use of technology, taking upto ten mins and disrupting the flow of the game

without VAR one man, with at best one of his two assistant referees advising, on the spur of the moment

same laws applied ..... vastly different application of said laws between the two forms of making decisions
I don't disagree with any of that and I don't like VAR as it is currently used, but still dont see how any side is disadvantaged relative to any other team playing in a game not using VAR (regardless of Robie's view previously).

You miss the point, Var is for the Elite Leagues because the powers that be believe it's more important to reach the correct decision than in the lower leagues...If you have it then it should be at every ground...
Why is it more important that the correct decision is sought at Old Trafford but not at Accrington? The Ref/officials decisions are accepted so why not let them get on with it across the game?

The whole useless system would not have been needed if they stopped the players,coaches/managers abusing officials and the TV pundits taking virtual every moment to try prove the officials wrong.

Stop tv replays and stop the circus that Var has become

As i said the other day our cup replay is what the game is about and VAR would have completely ruined it but if it has to be in the game then it should be used at all grounds.

I'm glad it's been trialled in the premier league and not in our leagues.

You miss the point, Var is for the Elite Leagues because the powers that be believe it's more important to reach the correct decision than in the lower leagues...If you have it then it should be at every ground...
Why is it more important that the correct decision is sought at Old Trafford but not at Accrington? The Ref/officials decisions are accepted so why not let them get on with it across the game?

The whole useless system would not have been needed if they stopped the players,coaches/managers abusing officials and the TV pundits taking virtual every moment to try prove the officials wrong.

Stop tv replays and stop the circus that Var has become

As i said the other day our cup replay is what the game is about and VAR would have completely ruined it but if it has to be in the game then it should be used at all grounds.
All that is just to do with the cost of using VAR. Every game tries to get to the correct decisions, whatever methods are in place.

The point made earlier, and still no good argument made for it, is how it disadvantages any team in relation to other matches that do, or don't, use it. The point isn't whether VAR in itself is good or bad.

Back
Top Bottom