Corbyn : Lipgate

Pantomime season?

None of these politicians are looking like leaders at the moment. The infantile jeering and catcalling really saddens me, especially at a time when they really should be earning their corn and stepping up to the plate in an attempt to steer the country away from what has deteriorated into this Brexit car crash.

Fit for purpose? Absolutely not. Even May, who I have sympathised with thus far, is disappointing in this clip. It really does seem to be a game to most of these elected megalomaniacs. Not my idea of leadership at all.

By the way, I couldn’t care less what Corbin did or didn’t say. Surely, uniting to find a way out of this self-inflicted mess is a far more important subject than highlighting yet another excuse to drag this whole sorry affair on?

Last edited:
I'm surprised someone hasn't pointed out that in these gender, etc fluid days, that someone hasn't complained about using the term people. What if a Tory MP decided that they were a Dog or Alien yesterday. He's been species discriminatory as well.

In all honesty, while a little funny to see Corbyn squirm, much ado about nothing, but a spotlight on our silly outrage culture!

Politician tells lie shocker!

It's the end of days, I tell you!

As I said on the Brexit thread.

It’s not so much what Corbyn said and the faux outrage that followed. It’s the fact he had time to think about and still stood up in the House of Commons and blatantly lied.

He got caught out, just admit it, apologise and move on.

Hardly the worst thing the commy, terrorist sympathising, anti-Semite has done now is it ?? :unsure:

Time to resurrect that old adage that you know a politician is lying when their lips are moving.

• React
Reactions: m
I find it pathetically amusing that we have Tory right wingers, who complain about 'political correctness gone mad' going all 'pc'. And on the other side, we potentially have Corbyn, a leader of a 'right on' very 'pc' group, not being 'pc'.

Anyway, this fuss over nothing allows the Maybot an excuse to pontificate and delay anything to do with Brexit. Both leaders are truly pathetic.

Whatever your view on who's right or who is wrong, whether brexit is a good or bad thing, the one thing that I think (or hope) that most can agree on is that Parliament is currently an absolute embarrassment to our country.

As I said elsewhere, Corbyn is a pillock to allow this situation to happen. May must feel xmas has come early - she's been let off the hook again and the Tories will do all they can to utilise this blatant episode of whataboutism to their advantage.

Corbyn is like your striker being one on one with the keeper, rounding the keeper...gaping net in front of him...and he decides to turn around and kick the goalie square in the B*****s because he got annoyed with them for something they said at the last corner.

Whatever your view on who's right or who is wrong, whether brexit is a good or bad thing, the one thing that I think (or hope) that most can agree on is that Parliament is currently an absolute embarrassment to our country.

As I said elsewhere, Corbyn is a pillock to allow this situation to happen. May must feel xmas has come early - she's been let off the hook again and the Tories will do all they can to utilise this blatant episode of whataboutism to their advantage.

Corbyn is like your striker being one on one with the keeper, rounding the keeper...gaping net in front of him...and he decides to turn around and kick the goalie square in the B*****s because he got annoyed with them for something they said at the last corner.

I agree!! Thanks for a Thursday chortle!! (y):ROFLMAO:

I haven't bothered to look at the videos or read the reams of internet drivel elsewhere about this incident. Compared to everything else that is happening in the the world and indeed in Britain and even in Parliament it is a non-issue.

But whatever your feelings on that matter, Corbyn is a terrible Labour leader. You've got complete civil war in the Tory party, Brexit (which started out as a shambles and gone downhill rapidly from there), a nation teetering on the edge of commercial and financial disaster, the rise of the extreme right and 'austerity' punishing the poor for daring to be so - and what is the 'opposition' actually doing? As far as I can see, absolutely nothing constructive at all. Shame on them and shame on their leader.

I wonder if the Tories realised how pathetic they looked when they started jeering and faking their outrage yesterday. It was an embarrassment.

The ineptitude on both sides is hilarious and I look forward to more of it in 2019.

I wish they would use more personal insults, might get more truth out of the fuckers. If May had called him a tramp back we would be closer to what they really think about each other.

Depending on what side of the mouth you look at, you can make your own read of what he said.

Unfortunately, the Tories reaction is the done thing in the day and age. No doubt the clips will have been spliced for social media already. Labour are very, very good at this particular tactic.

Why he didn't just apologise and admit it was in the heat of the moment and move on I don't know!! He has lost credibility by not doing so.

Back
Top Bottom