General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought what he said was spot on in every aspect. He is right, everyone is drained including the fans with little break between the last 3 seasons due to Covid, we could all do with a little rest, glad he mentioned the fact even though we've just come out of a pandemic our crowds have been the highest ever at the kassam and ultimately we need to turn these in to season ticket holders.

For anyone who hasn't read it.

Seemed quite similar to his past end of season comments, but I always get the feeling that the main point that comes across is season tickets sales and the impact it can have on the budget for the transfer market.

In a strange way, not making the play offs (assuming we didn't win them), has its advantages to get things right next season.
More rest for the players and more time to plan next season ( plus the psychology knock of losing the play off final especially).
How many times have we heard this! e.g. getting things right for next season.

I thought once we’d got over not having to play twice a week would help, but it seemed to have the opposite effect.

I thought once we’d got over not having to play twice a week would help, but it seemed to have the opposite effect.
We seem to do better when we get into a routine. That international break really disrupted things

No chance - he'll be off to an established Championship Club.
Stranger things have happened. If we're talking about players from League One Top 6 it's surely more likely to be those at MK or Wycombe (for geographical reasons) and I doubt there are many for the latter that could adapt to our style!

With the anticipated budget and level of ambition it is not out of the question.
Apparently there is hope for Cam Bran staying, that too could be seen as improbable, yet possible.

Stranger things have happened. If we're talking about players from League One Top 6 it's surely more likely to be those at MK or Wycombe (for geographical reasons) and I doubt there are many for the latter that could adapt to our style!

With the anticipated budget and level of ambition it is not out of the question.
Apparently there is hope for Cam Bran staying, that too could be seen as improbable, yet possible.
As much as I'd like Twine and several of the other MK Dons players here, there's more chance of us making the playoffs this season - and we all know how that's currently looking... Not a dig, but if not with MK, he is championship bound, and why would he want to come to OUFC.

Stranger things haven’t happened and it’s definitely out of the question.

Scott Twine is as realistic a transfer target as a treble swoop for a newly invigorated Sam Winnall, Cristiano Ronaldo and coaxing a 40-something year old Matt Bound out of retirement.

I really thought the board would be at the Donny game. Do we actually think there will ever be a formal announcement? We've been told numerous times that it's not a takeover a such, but just a re-shuffle or shares from people that have already been involved with the club for years now.

OxVox email today suggesting that the new Board situation should be announced before the start of the new season.

Did they mention which new season?

Ha.

Full copy below if of interest.

“On other news we expect the transfer of shares between board members to continue and there has been a further reallocation registered over the last few weeks. We hope to have a meeting with some of the larger share owners in the coming weeks. While there has been a little bit of curiosity expressed as to why the deal has not been announced, we feel this is just a matter of timing for all concerned and expect something to come over the close season. We had a meeting with Tiger, and the board are already working hard on next season and there appears no cause for concern.”

We have been in the play offs for the past 2 seasons. This must effect the planning for the following season.
So I reckon that this is a totally different situation and should be of benefit.

So what did this mean Colin? Have I missed something?

👀 👀 👀 👀 <----------- looking for @Colin B after the ITK microphone drop of little current substance... unless he was hinting of something that might happen, sometime, in the future because that definitely will happen 100%. :ROFLMAO:

Ha.

Full copy below if of interest.

“On other news we expect the transfer of shares between board members to continue and there has been a further reallocation registered over the last few weeks. We hope to have a meeting with some of the larger share owners in the coming weeks. While there has been a little bit of curiosity expressed as to why the deal has not been announced, we feel this is just a matter of timing for all concerned and expect something to come over the close season. We had a meeting with Tiger, and the board are already working hard on next season and there appears no cause for concern.”
‘Little bit’ of curiosity?

New Directors in the holding company
Anindya Novyan Bakrie
David Paul Finlayson
Horst Joachim Franz Geicke
Rudi Setia Laksmana

Shuffling of the shareholdings. No new shares issued:
WAS
Sumrit Thanakarnjanasuth3,428,110
21.96%​
Knightsbridge Asia Ltd4,562,138
29.22%​
Empire Asia Group Company Limited1,697,955
10.88%​
PT. Brown Sports Management Asia2,669,680
17.10%​
PT. EMT Aset Investama3,252,531
20.84%​
100.00%​
NOW
Sumrit Thanakarnjanasuth2,104,315
13.48%​
Knightsbridge Asia Ltd5,325,099
34.11%​
Empire Asia Group Company Limited1,239,238
7.94%​
PT. Brown Sports Management Asia3,325,168
21.30%​
PT. EMT Aset Investama3,616,594
23.17%​
100.00%​

New Directors in the holding company
Anindya Novyan Bakrie
David Paul Finlayson
Horst Joachim Franz Geicke
Rudi Setia Laksmana
Haven’t heard of Finlayson & Laksmana, the others I know about. Has anyone got a view of these two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom