General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change of ownership has already been submitted to the efl. This is not conditional and entirely separate from any conversations regarding the stadium. The fact that the board have now gone public with the stadium plans should give you confidence that approval from the EFL and OCC is imminent.
Don't the new owners have to submit a business plan and how they are going to fund the club for the next few years if it needs funding?

If that plan is pretty much reliant on moving to a new stadium, perhaps the EFL are right to wait until we are past step 1?

Don't the new owners have to submit a business plan and how they are going to fund the club for the next few years if it needs funding?

If that plan is pretty much reliant on moving to a new stadium, perhaps the EFL are right to wait until we are past step 1?

The plan is for a new stadium, but not reliant on it. The same people have been funding the club for the last few years, and provided significant additional funding into the training facilities and youth development, all without owning their own stadium.

it's hard for some to believe, but there really isn't anything to worry about other than the EFL taking their own sweet time!

Change of ownership has already been submitted to the efl. This is not conditional and entirely separate from any conversations regarding the stadium. The fact that the board have now gone public with the stadium plans should give you confidence that approval from the EFL and OCC is imminent.

Yes I know it has been submitted. But the delay is as bakrie/thohir are already board members the takeover doesn't need to be approved as quick as other clubs has due to the change of ownership not being a real big deal for us.

The plan is for a new stadium, but not reliant on it. The same people have been funding the club for the last few years, and provided significant additional funding into the training facilities and youth development, all without owning their own stadium.

it's hard for some to believe, but there really isn't anything to worry about other than the EFL taking their own sweet time!

Appreciate you are Mr Positive but that can not be factual?
What is the alternative should the new stadium be beset by obstacles and delays to the point it becomes problematic?
Is there a Plan B? Pretty sure there would only be one....... carry on renting the breeze block. 🤮

Now into February and still no news from the EFL
Does anyone know the date we applied officially to the EFL?
Not sure if it was early summer or August and when Bakrie gave the interview in August I thought he said it had been submitted nevertheless this does seem to be dragging on.
Any updates?

Now into February and still no news from the EFL
Does anyone know the date we applied officially to the EFL?
Not sure if it was early summer or August and when Bakrie gave the interview in August I thought he said it had been submitted nevertheless this does seem to be dragging on.
Any updates?
I hope it hasn't been submitted yet. If it has and the EFL still haven't ratified it then there's a problem after all this time.

Either that or Bakrie has got the green light but will only officially take over once the stadium is definite. No stadium, no Bakrie.

I hope it hasn't been submitted yet. If it has and the EFL still haven't ratified it then there's a problem after all this time.

Either that or Bakrie has got the green light but will only officially take over once the stadium is definite. No stadium, no Bakrie.
We are assured this is not the case by Scotchers, Colin etc so I have no doubt they are right but I just wanted some clarity on when it was submitted.
I do wonder why they would hang around if the stadium proposal was rejected but this EFL situation bothers me

No there is not a problem at all. The EFL take longer these days, because of the way clubs in the past have been abused or neglected by owners that promise the earth, and deliver nothing. So we don’t need scaremongering, or jumping the gun or to conclusions. Everything is with the EFL, and it just requires patience.

No there is not a problem at all. The EFL take longer these days, because of the way clubs in the past have been abused or neglected by owners that promise the earth, and deliver nothing. So we don’t need scaremongering, or jumping the gun or to conclusions. Everything is with the EFL, and it just requires patience.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before but with ours the takeover isn't really a takeover, it's just a transfer of shares and a change of who owns the majority. We don't know wether there will be an actual change in day to day running of the club or indeed if there will be a change in Tiger being chairman. Its clear the ultimate goal is the stadium and all board members including tiger want to be involved in it. As for Efl approval I don't think when we submitted it we gave them a deadline for approval and its probably down on their list of stuff to do when you think clubs like Derby, Oldham seem to be in big trouble. It will be resolved eventually.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before but with ours the takeover isn't really a takeover, it's just a transfer of shares and a change of who owns the majority. We don't know wether there will be an actual change in day to day running of the club or indeed if there will be a change in Tiger being chairman. Its clear the ultimate goal is the stadium and all board members including tiger want to be involved in it. As for Efl approval I don't think when we submitted it we gave them a deadline for approval and its probably down on their list of stuff to do when you think clubs like Derby, Oldham seem to be in big trouble. It will be resolved eventually.
That is exactly the problem at present and the EFL Panel that meets to discuss club ownerships only meets once a month so can only approve a certain amount of business.

That is exactly the problem at present and the EFL Panel that meets to discuss club ownerships only meets once a month so can only approve a certain amount of business.
6 months to decide on Hobnobs or chocolate digestives with their tea. . . . .

(dunkers V munchers)

Been busy, but is this saga still going on or has it been resolved now?

Imminent being nearly 4 weeks later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom