General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would've been ratified by the EFL by now but it won't be announced until Bakrie gets everything he wants in terms of land etc. When that's been agreed he'll formally complete the takeover and it'll be announced. If something he wants isn't agreed he'll walk away.
I’m beginning to think the same,in the interview I think everyone seemed to think it was positive and Bakrie said everything we wanted to hear
But this is taking a long time and I know those who are close to the club have come out with valid reasons why and I respect them for that and telling us as much as they are able
But like you I would love to know what the backup plan is if we can’t get the land to build a stadium

I’m beginning to think the same,in the interview I think everyone seemed to think it was positive and Bakrie said everything we wanted to hear
But this is taking a long time and I know those who are close to the club have come out with valid reasons why and I respect them for that and telling us as much as they are able
But like you I would love to know what the backup plan is if we can’t get the land to build a stadium
I was thinking along the same lines, they own the club but not ratified by the EFL. Yet the owner of Ipswich declared his interest in owning Ipswich his reputed wealth is 40 million so not nearly as much as either of our owners, but he declared his interest back in April of this year and is ratified hence why Ipswich were allowed to spend big in the transfer window which effectively took 4 months for them to be ratified. Now there will be those who will say everything is fine and dandy and I hope it is but do wonder why the delay.

A whiff of doom about the forum this morning.
It would appear so Paul.
Bazzer does have a point regarding the Ipswich scenario and maybe because we played them yesterday comparisons may be made
I really hope everything comes off and the future is bright but it’s seems we’re in limbo at the moment and the longer that goes on the more uneasy fans will feel

Surely if this takeover hasn't completed by January we can put to bed it's the efl holding it up. I know the efl are slow but it wouldn't take them over 3 months to look into a takeover considering Bakrie, Thohir already are board members. I would say they are waiting on assurances from the councils involved that this land they have found will be allowed to build a stadium on no matter what objections they will get from locals.. Could be in for a long bumpy ride !

I think this is all a lot of noise the prospective new owners are making to nudge Kassam into selling up to them. I can't see how they could possibly have found any land to build on without the whereabouts being leaked out.
They would surely rather develop the Kassam improve the rail line and possibly develop the land opposite for car parking etc.

It would appear so Paul.
Bazzer does have a point regarding the Ipswich scenario and maybe because we played them yesterday comparisons may be made
I really hope everything comes off and the future is bright but it’s seems we’re in limbo at the moment and the longer that goes on the more uneasy fans will feel

Stifling stench of fear by xmas it is, then.

I think this is all a lot of noise the prospective new owners are making to nudge Kassam into selling up to them. I can't see how they could possibly have found any land to build on without the whereabouts being leaked out.
They would surely rather develop the Kassam improve the rail line and possibly develop the land opposite for car parking etc.

Careful - some people may have mentioned that before................. :)

There is absolutely ZERO chance that we are buying the Kassam. Why are people still peddling this!? It makes absolutely zero business, or footballing sense. It’s landlocked, a nightmare to get to (even with the suggested improvements) and the whole development, is quite frankly, a s**t hole. These boys won’t be interested in giving the Kassam a facelift. Between them, they have enough money, to build 10 stadiums, 10 times over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom