General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is entirely subjective. You don't know how long a takeover should take but are making the assumption that this is taking longer than normal, and others are then going further by saying that something must be wrong to explain this.

Under "normal" takeovers there is either someone wanting to sell (DE or SD at Sunderland) who no longer wants to fund their train set. Or you have a buyer who wants to get involved as quickly as possible. Both scenarios would mean that it's in their interests to get the deal done quickly.

Ours is very different. The key players were already involved and will remain involved. No one is desperate to sell, and those looking to take greater control can do so informally without EFL ratification etc. So there hasn't been the rush that others have had, and any deal is more an indication of a smooth transition rather than proof that something has gone wrong.

Bakrie speaking at the beginning of the season was clear indication that he was at the helm, and was certainly authorising transfer spends. His position was reinforced with his recent interview where he was openly introduced as the new owner of Oxford United. Do you think this would be so openly presented if there was any hold ups or questions about land deals etc?
He was introduced as ‘Potential new owner’ when Jerome did the interview.

I couldn't care less if people agree with me or not, just trying to counter unfounded speculation.

However, as @Malc has pointed out, this going around in circles is boring so I am respecting his views to leave it until there's something more concrete to discuss.

Maybe others could do the same?
Cheer up mate 😂

Well this is my first glance at this thread and wow I have been missing out!

I now know what I’m doing at the weekend - reading all 164 pages.

Unless something more exciting comes up. 🤘

@sonofivan , you don't know me, and you may resent my intrusion, but I can't stand idly by and let you do this without at least trying to intervene.

DON'T DO IT.

Well this is my first glance at this thread and wow I have been missing out!

I now know what I’m doing at the weekend - reading all 164 pages.

Unless something more exciting comes up. 🤘
Maybe we need a highlights section for this thread.

I think it would've been ratified by the EFL by now but it won't be announced until Bakrie gets everything he wants in terms of land etc. When that's been agreed he'll formally complete the takeover and it'll be announced. If something he wants isn't agreed he'll walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom