General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on the efl approval?
Not sure i understand the desperation for news on this. It is not a takeover, just a redistribution of shares amongst the same board members. Nothing will change dramatically and the changes will not be sung from the rooftops because the outgoing leading share holder is still heavily involved. I'm sure it is simply certain individuals are commiting more to the project so their share will reflect that. The stadium detail announcement will be much more significant

Not sure i understand the desperation for news on this. It is not a takeover, just a redistribution of shares amongst the same board members. Nothing will change dramatically and the changes will not be sung from the rooftops because the outgoing leading share holder is still heavily involved. I'm sure it is simply certain individuals are commiting more to the project so their share will reflect that. The stadium detail announcement will be much more significant

Well clearly it is a change in ownership from Tiger having a majority share , to what looks like the Indonesians taking majority control subject to approval.

It’s been said from the start that Tiger was just a figurehead or middleman without apparent significant independent wealth.

Now Bakrie and Thohir seem to be making progress they won’t want their ownership diluted unless all shareholders are contributing. Looks like Geicke is on board but how much the Thais remain involved, who knows.

With out efl approval the takeover can't complete and the shift in shares can't happen.

Any news on the efl approval?
Playing the devil's advocate once again, given this is the same org who waved through Steve Dale, Lee Power, Jed McCrory, Steven Vaughan etc ust what skeletons have they discovered to hold back our guys for this long?!

Playing the devil's advocate once again, given this is the same org who waved through Steve Dale, Lee Power, Jed McCrory, Steven Vaughan etc ust what skeletons have they discovered to hold back our guys for this long?!

Could it be because we will be the first Indonesian owned club ever?

How long does the average takeover take to be approved?

Kyril Louis-Dreyfus first started looking at Sunderland in the summer of 2020, but the takeover wasn't confirmed until 18th February 2021.

Newcastle was a year in the making.

Ours was first mentioned in March with paperwork submitted in the summer.

So everything remains on track and consistent with other clubs, and certainly no indication of hidden skeletons!

I'm assuming the pending approval from the EFL won't effect our plans for January?

I suspect because if the takeover does not take place, any idea of a new stadium is pure pie in the sky. In itself, whether the proportion of shares owned by people I know little of changes a bit isn't that engrossing - but what it signifies does.

Perhaps they’ve learnt from those examples and are trying to meet their duty of care to protect their members by being thorough.

Fanciful stuff, I know.

Haven't they already owned and currently own a number of football clubs between them in Italy, Australia and USA. Didnt both Indonesians have/hold prominent government positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom