General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we’ve gone way off topic.

Dear oh dear!
Another week gone by and still no news from the EFL
Is there a time frame on this?
When were the EFL notified?
Anyone know of other clubs that have gone through this process and how long did it take?

With the popularity of squid at the moment perhaps we have generated a demand that can’t be met which in the cyber world in which we exist for some reason has affected the timescale of the takeover as our new board hadn’t considered the need for a fish processing plant in the design of the new stadium

Just dipped back in to this thread for the first time today, full of anticipation that the EFL have finally ratified the takeover and that there would be a hum of excitement that the new dawn had finally arrived.

Dont think Ill bother delving any deeper but it has to be said, our forum has to be the most unique and gifted one out there! 😁💥👊
I did exactly the same thing this morning!

On the Company Details page of the OUFC site - https://www.oufc.co.uk/company-details/ - it says the following

Oxford United Ownership:
Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, Horst Geicke, Supranee Piamph, Erick Thohir and Anindya Bakrie own more than 10% of Oxford United Football Club Limited shares.

Does anyone know who "Supranee Piamph" is?
I've used the search function on the forum but can't see any results to suggest they've been discussed before. A google search only returns 2 results, the one from below and the other just redirects to spam.
So finally we have club confirmation of the owners and can put names to the shareholdings in Oxford Investment Holding PTE.
Supranee is presumably a spouse holding of Reading FC's old friend "Bank" Piamphongsarn.

I assume there is at least one more round of share shuffling / issue of shares to take Bakrie and Thohirs' combined holding to >50%, perhaps they need the EFL approval before this can go ahead.

TigerSumrit Thanakarnjanasuth3,428,110
21.96%​
Horst GeickeKnightsbridge Asia Ltd4,562,138
29.22%​
Supranee PiamphongsarnEmpire Asia Group Company Limited1,697,955
10.88%​
Anindya BakriePT. Brown Sports Management Asia2,669,680
17.10%​
Erick ThohirPT. EMT Aset Investama3,252,531
20.84%​
100.00%​

Last edited:
I hope everything is done soon regarding the EFL ratification. A stadium I think is a decent stadium which holds a good atmosphere within is the Louis Ferraris( spelling!!) stadium in Genoa which is home to Genoa and the Italian team I follow/ support Sampdoria. This sort of design with a few tweaks could be good for us. Listening to what Anindya Bakrie said I think it is plainly obvious that far less people will be travelling to any new stadium by car and similar to the Amex at Brighton will be using public transport and football special type buses.
Sampdoria is my Italian team as well :love:
I've not been to the ground though. The one time I saw them live happened to be the 1992 European Cup Final vs Barcelona at Wembley.
I've heard they are looking to move away from the Luigi Ferraris though.
By the way I've always thought it is very similar to Ibrox. And for a pale imitation of it, Gillingham.

Last edited:
Sampdoria is my Italian team as well :love:
I've not been to the ground though. The one time I saw them live happened to be the 1991 European Cup Final vs Barcelona at Wembley.
I've heard they are looking to move away from the Luigi Ferraris though.
By the way I've always thought it is very similar to Ibrox. And for a pale imitation of it, Gillingham.
Only one Italian team to support , I Gialloblu Hellas Verona 😍

So finally we have club confirmation of the owners and can put names to the shareholdings in Oxford Investment Holding PTE.
Supranee is presumably a spouse holding of Reading FC's old friend "Bank" Piamphongsarn.

I assume there is at least one more round of share shuffling / issue of shares to take Bakrie and Thohirs' combined holding to >50%, perhaps they need the EFL approval before this can go ahead.

TigerSumrit Thanakarnjanasuth3,428,110
21.96%​
Horst GeickeKnightsbridge Asia Ltd4,562,138
29.22%​
Supranee PiamphongsarnEmpire Asia Group Company Limited1,697,955
10.88%​
Anindya BakriePT. Brown Sports Management Asia2,669,680
17.10%​
Erick ThohirPT. EMT Aset Investama3,252,531
20.84%​
100.00%​

Thanks @MarkG , does anyone know anything about Supranee Piamphongsarn barring what exists ^^^^ ?

This forum is second ranked on a Google search for them!! 🤷‍♀️

Hey Malc,

I hope you are well. I can see where your coming from. Having lived in Asia for 15 years and travelled extensively here, I have seen the same. When in Hong Kong and China, regularly I would get the comment from Chinese that all Caucasians look the same.

Here in Malaysia, the Malays think the Chinese all look the same and indeed most of the Caucasians.

For me I would just classify it as some can "look alike" in the same way skinheads may look the same.
Sometimes I think people want to be offended, if a Chinese person said he thought all English people looked the same I'd think he was wrong but I'd have no issue with it, it's all about perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom