General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this consortium don't move at the same pace when building our stadium as they have with the never ending takeover. Could be another kassam situation with an unfinished stadium 20 years on. 😴😴😴

Chill your minge out

It will/has happened (delete as appropriate)

You flighty types just need to take a breath and relax
Maybe there shouldn’t have been to many positives on here which haven’t been accurate at the moment. There must be an issue with the GA as the commentators were saying on the Newcastle v West Ham match that Newcastle everything was done quickly in reference to the ratification of the takeover at Newcastle.

Chill your minge out

It will/has happened (delete as appropriate)

You flighty types just need to take a breath and relax

Well yes it has kind of happened on paper with some board manipulation/power shifts.

What would be nice would be the powers that be saying something other than "Its matchday give us your money"........... a football club isn`t Tesco`s with an indeterminate amount of customers, therefore they have to work harder to keep the customers they do have onboard.

Almost explains why we get roughly 6k at home yet can have 40k turn up on big days out.

Back to Maslow again and that "sense of belonging" which hasn`t been around for some time... 🤷‍♀️

Maybe there shouldn’t have been to many positives on here which haven’t been accurate at the moment. There must be an issue with the GA as the commentators were saying on the Newcastle v West Ham match that Newcastle everything was done quickly in reference to the ratification of the takeover at Newcastle.

TBF, the PL had the Newcastle documentation for over a year and it was only after certain issues were resolved that the final ratification could be completed.

Also, I bet the PL has greater resources to complete these things quicker than the EFL.

I'm not saying there are no issues but I'm not sure the two are directly comparable.

TBF, the PL had the Newcastle documentation for over a year and it was only after certain issues were resolved that the final ratification could be completed.

Also, I bet the PL has greater resources to complete these things quicker than the EFL.

I'm not saying there are no issues but I'm not sure the two are directly comparable.

Oh yes, the PL ensuring it wasn`t "state-controlled" and is now owned by a fund that definitely isn`t in any way controlled by the state that owns 80% of said fund.......... :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn’t have thought that, irrespective of their brown envelopes being bigger.

The documentation may have been with the FA for over a year but with all the shenanigans that were with the Saudi led take over no wonder it took a long time but according to the match commentators yesterday the deal was done very quickly.
I wonder how long it will be before it transpires that they are led by the Saudi state?
Also with amnesty international saying how they with their human rights records got in maybe 🤔 t was down to their deep pockets.
It does make you wonder.

I wouldn’t have thought that, irrespective of their brown envelopes being bigger.

The documentation may have been with the FA for over a year but with all the shenanigans that were with the Saudi led take over no wonder it took a long time but according to the match commentators yesterday the deal was done very quickly.
I wonder how long it will be before it transpires that they are led by the Saudi state?
Also with amnesty international saying how they with their human rights records got in maybe 🤔 t was down to their deep pockets.
It does make you wonder.

The FA does not administer this, it is the league. I would imagine that the PL has more lawyers etc. than the EFL.

The FA does not administer this, it is the league. I would imagine that the PL has more lawyers etc. than the EFL.
Thought the FA were responsible for the fit and proper ownership requirements, if it’s the eEPl then we can’t do nothing to stop them from screwing over the EFL

Thought the FA were responsible for the fit and proper ownership requirements, if it’s the eEPl then we can’t do nothing to stop them from screwing over the EFL

The EFL is responsible for dealing with the ownership requirements of EFL clubs. The PL is responsible for the PL Clubs.

Sorry for not being clearer.

The EFL is responsible for dealing with the ownership requirements of EFL clubs. The PL is responsible for the PL Clubs.

Sorry for not being clearer.
I understand what your saying as yes it was clear but ultimately it means the EPL are a different entity to the EFL and not governed by the DA which has put the EFL under considerable pressure. If and more than likely when the super league takes of the premiership will finish and the remaining clubs would come under just the FA. A classic was remembering the former Newcastle manager Steve Bruce, oops still there moaning when they played us in the replay at ours about the amount of games they’ve played. Sod en bloody primary donnas.

I see the bingo hall is shutting down but has put in for a change of use to a general leisure facility (whatever one of those is), 3000 new homes, new school, park and ride and an extension to the science park on the table now as well, wonder what all this means for us?

I see the bingo hall is shutting down but has put in for a change of use to a general leisure facility (whatever one of those is), 3000 new homes, new school, park and ride and an extension to the science park on the table now as well, wonder what all this means for us?

Absolutely nothing unless the board pull their finger out and do something with the stadium situation. We could have the Saudi's take over us and it wouldn't make a hell of a difference until they either bought the stadium, redeveloped it or moved to a new stadium. Hardly anyone who is not a regular is interested in turning up at the stadium to watch us and you can't really blame them its uninspiring and depressing.

Wake me up when this is all over..

Slightly off topic, butdid anyone consider that the Saudi deal was rushed through as both Newcastle and prospective owners were demanding the reasons for the takeover refusal 1 year ago. Eventually they’d have to divulge the reasoning and what exact takeover rules were in breach - something they had totally failed to do so far. This takeover was rushed through to avoid any embarrassment at having to publicly state last years takeover was refusal had no valid reasoning according to the rules.

Slightly off topic, butdid anyone consider that the Saudi deal was rushed through as both Newcastle and prospective owners were demanding the reasons for the takeover refusal 1 year ago. Eventually they’d have to divulge the reasoning and what exact takeover rules were in breach - something they had totally failed to do so far. This takeover was rushed through to avoid any embarrassment at having to publicly state last years takeover was refusal had no valid reasoning according to the rules.
The reason for the delay originally was down to the reckon that that the Saudi state would be a director and because of the ownership of beIN and the illegal streaming of premier league matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom