General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
surrounded by awful leisure facilities, and situated in a very rough, crime ridden area,
Yep, this is the key. I mean there have been thousands of reports of murders and violent assaults on Oxford fans, when the club play at home. I know so many people who would go and watch Oxford but tell me it is just so scary where the ground is!

Yep, this is the key. I mean there have been thousands of reports of murders and violent assaults on Oxford fans, when the club play at home. I know so many people who would go and watch Oxford but tell me it is just so scary where the ground is!
To be fair my bike lights were nicked once. I do feel fairly safe there surrounded as I am by 5000 bulky middle aged men.

I would love nothing more than seeing 15,000 + at every home game that’s OUFC supporters it can be done if the whole of OUFC are managed correctly, Reading are a prime example. Not just a nice stadium in reading but also building a team that were able to challenge from the depths of Div 4 without over excessive spending.

Mark - any thoughts on why the alleged takeover may be taking so long?

From my own experience I’m wracking my brains as to what the blockers may be. I’m not buying the Covid reasoning. The world is completely functional in regards operating remotely.

The blocker could be something like Politically Exposed Persons for Thohir. Or source of funds. So the usual AML questions.

I would love nothing more than seeing 15,000 + at every home game that’s OUFC supporters it can be done if the whole of OUFC are managed correctly, Reading are a prime example. Not just a nice stadium in reading but also building a team that were able to challenge from the depths of Div 4 without over excessive spending.
Without over excessive spending?

Are you having a laugh Bazzer? Reading have the highest wages to income ratio in the whole EFL and lost something like £41m in their last accounts and are close to £100m in debt to their Chinese owners. If that's not excessive spending, I don't know what is???!!!

Without over excessive spending?

Are you having a laugh Bazzer? Reading have the highest wages to income ratio in the whole EFL and lost something like £41m in their last accounts and are close to £100m in debt to their Chinese owners. If that's not excessive spending, I don't know what is???!!!
They are now yes but when Majeski brought the club he was sensible with the purse strings, the problem they had they went to the Orem and paid extortionate wages and it didn’t work out and have a high wage bill and not returning to the Oren after their relegation cost them.
I remember Harry Redknapp when he took over at QPR moaning at the wage bill 65 million yet bu the end of the season it was almost 90 million. So we need investment if we are to get promotion not the championship

Reading without excessive spending.
Are you joking?

Reading without excessive spending.
Are you joking?
Not when Madjeski first took over and in his first few seasons, the Chinese have and still will over spend and they will end up like Derby…..what a shame.

Yes in sure we will see bigger crowds in the championship but we have to get there first. Yes having 30,000 + at Wembley is great but even if a small percentage that attended the games at Wembley that would not attend normal OUFC league games started to come along that would be a start in adding to our attendance figures.
As regards people saying a new stadium will entice new suooorters I ask the question when the Kastad opened the crowds were no different to what they are now there were no new large increases in fan base when we moved there, and no one new what Kassam was like other than the man who saved OUFC and got us a new ground.
I partly agree with your point, but I think it was still very clear we were not on an upward trajectory in 2001.
I remember a headline in the Rage On magazine, something along the lines of: New Stadium, New Manager, New Squad, Same result! Really summing up where we were in those first few weeks in the 4th tier.

There’s a far more positive feeling around the club these days. Many of the casual fans who I know have started talking about football again.
If the club gets this right, then who knows?

I would love one last day at the Manor

... as long as that one last day doesn't have Mike Salmon playing...
To be fair the last day at the Manor was pretty awful.
1 1 v Port Vale with a shocking team and Kemp as manager.
A crowd of what 7 000 ( the home part wasn't even sold out until the day of the game).
Reminiscing about the last day is probably better than having been there

To be fair the last day at the Manor was pretty awful.
1 1 v Port Vale with a shocking team and Kemp as manager.
A crowd of what 7 000 ( the home part wasn't even sold out until the day of the game).
Reminiscing about the last day is probably better than having been there
Fireworks were average as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom