General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you prove me wrong but even back in the inaugural season our attendances weren’t that big and no one knew what the ground would be like.
I seriously doubt that Bakrie et al would have started this particularly ball rolling without having done some serious legwork on what the future needs to look like. And I seriously doubt they’ve not got a far better grasp of the potential than I have.

It’s not some local guy made good who wants to splash the cash in his local area. These are serious money men who take calaculated risks to achieve returns on their investments. I am 100% certain that the expansion of the fan base has been extensively modelled already.

I bet with a new ground we get no more if we’re lucky an average of 8,000 at most and the armchair knobs that follow clubs that have overspent and will f**k up grass roots football soon, those people won’t come bar maybe one
occasion, and even then the muppets will turn up wearing there Chelsea, spuds, Man City Man Utd and even Arsenal shirts.
Sorry no place for them

One of those muppets is my mate who is a spurs fan but has come up to the Crewe, Wycombe and Accrington games with me, bought a shirt, and we're taking our kids (2 each) to the Plymouth game.

I've also got another 4 muppet mates (1 more Spurs, 2 Arsenal and 1 Liverpool fan) who are coming to Morecambe at home and MK Dons away. I've insisted that all have to wear shirts so they've ordered 2 home shirts, 1 blue and white kit and the black goalkeeper shirt!

I also have muppets in my family who will be up for the Wigan game with Boxing Day being away at Pompey and tickets hard to get. They'll likely go to another 2 or 3 big games a season as they have for many years.

You disrepect those who attend a handful of games a season, and massively underestimate the interest in watching live football at the right ground with the right type of football.

I seriously doubt that Bakrie et al would have started this particularly ball rolling without having done some serious legwork on what the future needs to look like. And I seriously doubt they’ve not got a far better grasp of the potential than I have.

It’s not some local guy made good who wants to splash the cash in his local area. These are serious money men who take calaculated risks to achieve returns on their investments. I am 100% certain that the expansion of the fan base has been extensively modelled already.
We’ll see…hope so

One of those muppets is my mate who is a spurs fan but has come up to the Crewe, Wycombe and Accrington games with me, bought a shirt, and we're taking our kids (2 each) to the Plymouth game.

I've also got another 4 muppet mates (1 more Spurs, 2 Arsenal and 1 Liverpool fan) who are coming to Morecambe at home and MK Dons away. I've insisted that all have to wear shirts so they've ordered 2 home shirts, 1 blue and white kit and the black goalkeeper shirt!

I also have muppets in my family who will be up for the Wigan game with Boxing Day being away at Pompey and tickets hard to get. They'll likely go to another 2 or 3 big games a season as they have for many years.

You disrepect those who attend a handful of games a season, and massively underestimate the interest in watching live football at the right ground with the right type of football.
Why not, tell your muppet mates if they’re form the Oxford area come and support us more.
I support two team Oxford and England certainly I’m won’t be a muppet supporting Chelsea, Liverpool or who ever because they’re prem side that lot will f**k up grass roots football then where will all these nice new stadiums be hosting games that won’t mean much apart from maybe the hardcore support.

Why not, tell your muppet mates if they’re form the Oxford area come and support us more.
I support two team Oxford and England certainly I’m won’t be a muppet supporting Chelsea, Liverpool or who ever because they’re prem side that lot will f**k up grass roots football then where will all these nice new stadiums be hosting games that won’t mean much apart from maybe the hardcore support.

I hope to God we win today because you're already strangely angry before a ball has been kicked!!! I think I'll leave the matchday thread alone today!!!

I knew it, Bazzer is Joe Kinnear!

I’ll stick a post on social media telling everyone from oxford they must support us if they were born at the John Radcliffe, we will have sell outs in no time at all. Well done Bazzer you have sorted out the attendance issues in one post.

I’ll stick a post on social media telling everyone from oxford they must support us if they were born at the John Radcliffe, we will have sell outs in no time at all. Well done Bazzer you have sorted out the attendance issues in one post.
Grow up dear boy

I guess they would own Oxford United and the stadium, so the two would be a unit, even though ‘the club’ wouldn’t own property independently of the club owners.
That makes sense, so long as club and stadium are sold as one when the owners decide to move on. It would be great to tie the two together so they can’t be separated.

That makes sense, so long as club and stadium are sold as one when the owners decide to move on. It would be great to tie the two together so they can’t be separated.
Hence the long term lease arrangement I've suggested with a peanut rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom