General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
all so well and good, and I agree that this transfer window does allude to the new regime being already in place @OX14 ..... that said, when a potentially major(?) shareholder and (new) board member publically proclaims that the official announcement will be made within a specific time frame, I think its a bit poor that said potentially major (?) shareholder and board member, appears now to not be a man of his word
I think he said he 'hoped' for the takeover to be completed so if I have recalled this correctly that statement is a bit harsh.

The takeover requires one of the other Board Members to sell his stake, therein lies the delay.

I think he said he 'hoped' for the takeover to be completed so if I have recalled this correctly that statement is a bit harsh.

The takeover requires one of the other Board Members to sell his stake, therein lies the delay.
fair comment- I am getting a bit impatient now, with the endless dragging on of something that already seems to have happened, being made 'official'... and yes, realistically, for the incoming (majority) Shareholders to make a BIG announcement they need to travel to the UK for a bells and whistles razmataz type affair ..... my old mum used to tell me, often, that I'd never become a doctor, because, although I had the required bad handwriting, I never, ever would have enough patience ( patients) ;)

all so well and good, and I agree that this transfer window does allude to the new regime being already in place @OX14 ..... that said, when a potentially major(?) shareholder and (new) board member publically proclaims that the official announcement will be made within a specific time frame, I think its a bit poor that said potentially major (?) shareholder and board member, appears now to not be a man of his word

His words were very clear.

Question - "do you hope to have the takeover completed before the end of the transfer window?"

AB - "that is the intention but let the announcement be done by the club."

No promises or guarantees, but an intention. He also previously said that it was about the board supporting the club in the transfer market, and we've just seen that.

There were those who were saying that Tiger was looking to sell players to cash out. Yet we turned down offers totaling over £2m plus lost out on a potential loan fee for Agyei. At the same time we paid loan fees for Whyte, Holland and Kane who will all be on significant wages. So I think we can put that to bed.

We also had the one poster saying that Tiger was holding things up to the detriment of the club. Yet on and off the pitch things are going pretty well.

The takeover will happen. It will be announced whenever one is ready and it will be a huge step towards us getting our own home and building this club for the future. Now really isn't the time to be accusing people of not being true to their words when their actions speak for them

Question - "do you hope to have the takeover completed before the end of the transfer window?"

No promises or guarantees, but an intention. He also previously said that it was about the board supporting the club in the transfer market, and we've just seen that.

There were those who were saying that Tiger was looking to sell players to cash out. Yet we turned down offers totaling over £2m plus lost out on a potential loan fee for Agyei. At the same time we paid loan fees for Whyte, Holland and Kane who will all be on significant wages. So I think we can put that to bed.

We also had the one poster saying that Tiger was holding things up to the detriment of the club. Yet on and off the pitch things are going pretty well.

The takeover will happen. It will be announced whenever one is ready and it will be a huge step towards us getting our own home and building this club for the future. Now really isn't the time to be accusing people of not being true to their words when their actions speak for them
my impatience coming to the fore .... and to be fair I think most have been fairly patient thus far .... and yes the transfer window all but confirms things are already in place too .... I just hope the official announcement isn't another year away

Whether deliberate or not announcing any takeover a day or two after transfer window is shut is good. I see a good future.

I'm starting to doubt the takeover will complete. Either negotiations have drawn on too long and either party will walk away or OUFC are way down the list of priorities of the new owners.

Key rule of being an OUFC fan - never trust an owner.

I'm starting to doubt the takeover will complete. Either negotiations have drawn on too long and either party will walk away or OUFC are way down the list of priorities of the new owners.

Hasn't there already been a transfer of shares?

thought you said it had already happened?

The keeper with two surnames. I'd imagine this means Eastwood or Stevens are off before the window shuts.

I'm in the minority here but we'd easily survive the loss of Brannagan.

Think I'd rather trust the owners than some of our fans!

During times of change or potential change in an organisation though even if there is nothing to tell people, it is good practice to tell them that, if nothing else, and especially with an potential target date of deadline day.
I’m not complaining here because these are exciting times but such an update would go some way to appease the masses.

During times of change or potential change in an organisation though even if there is nothing to tell people, it is good practice to tell them that, if nothing else, and especially with an potential target date of deadline day.
I’m not complaining here because these are exciting times but such an update would go some way to appease the masses.
I agree in principle, but we saw from above how words can be misread or used against people.

Sadly, if a representative of the board was to say "don't worry, the takeover is still going ahead as planned" then the usual posters will use this to prove that something has gone wrong.

Behind the scenes it must be pretty amicable surely otherwise the recent transfer activity would have been very basic?

Having suffered the Maxwell saga and the forty years before we got this dump, i will only believe it when it happens and is rubber stamped., until then lets just wait and see., everybody else seem to get new owners and new stadium, then of course its Oxford United we are talking about.

Having suffered the Maxwell saga and the forty years before we got this dump, i will only believe it when it happens and is rubber stamped., until then lets just wait and see., everybody else seem to get new owners and new stadium, then of course its Oxford United we are talking about.
The curse has been lifted.

Im probably reading too much into this maybe? ..... so are 'we' twisting ( moving) or are we sticking (staying) then ? club circular email offering leisure wear, has a Greenoble Road grey t-shirt , captioned in the sales blurb thus-

Grenoble Tee

This Grenoble Tee in grey has a simplistic design of the stadium where we hope to see further success and look forward to seeing you very soon.

Now £15

Im probably reading too much into this maybe? ..... so are 'we' twisting ( moving) or are we sticking (staying) then ? club circular email offering leisure wear, has a Greenoble Road grey t-shirt , captioned in the sales blurb thus-

Grenoble Tee

This Grenoble Tee in grey has a simplistic design of the stadium where we hope to see further success and look forward to seeing you very soon.

Now £15
Who wants to wear a t shirt with an outline of Firoz kassams stadium on it🤮

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom