General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Oxford struggle to break down a stubborn Barnsley defence, a bored Dan Agyei sneaks off the bench for a few lengths...

6240.jpg
Totally unrealistic. That swimmer is far too central to pass for Dan Agyei.

Stop this now.

We will not be "homeless vagrants" and we will not be sharing with anyone else, so let's nip this latest scaremongering straight in the bud before it starts to be accepted as fact by the usual suspects!

I'm beginning to see some of these posts like the covid deniers, or those frothing at the mouth about players taking the knee!

Stupid people are like glow sticks - you need to snap and shake them until the light comes on!!

But you can't fix stupid!!

I'm beginning to see some of these posts like the covid deniers, or those frothing at the mouth about players taking the knee!

Stupid people are like glow sticks - you need to snap and shake them until the light comes on!!

Remind me how long said takeover has been "about to happen"?
And, while you are there, how these exceptionally wealthy types are building us the new "Stadium Ox".
Generally rumours fuelled by people with some sort of "ITK" syndrome.
As it stands we are at GR with a lease that expires in 5 years.
So either the above new stadium slog begins, or the legal process of resolving a more favourable lease/short term arrangement will start, or both.
Nobody knows, least of all the customers current or former.
You are welcome. :)

Remind me how long said takeover has been "about to happen"?
And, while you are there, how these exceptionally wealthy types are building us the new "Stadium Ox".
Generally rumours fuelled by people with some sort of "ITK" syndrome.
As it stands we are at GR with a lease that expires in 5 years.
So either the above new stadium slog begins, or the legal process of resolving a more favourable lease/short term arrangement will start, or both.
Nobody knows, least of all the customers current or former.
You are welcome. :)

They won't answer they might aswell be doing this.

Attachments

• 7587922A-4F24-4504-9B70-25DDA076EA7B.gif
    7587922A-4F24-4504-9B70-25DDA076EA7B.gif
    98.6 KB · Views: 19
Still no news, is this ever going to happen???
Think it completed a good few weeks ago looking at the shareholding on Companies House which has been posted on here.

Million/billionaire owners from overseas will not come in and invest to the point where we're a comfortable mid-table championship side with a new stadium, that sort of thing just doesn't happen to OUFC. We all need to calm down. It's the hope that kills you.

Or this news of takeovers and ground moves I’ve forgotten who is taken over from who and where it is we actually play now been so long

Think it completed a good few weeks ago looking at the shareholding on Companies House which has been posted on here.

Million/billionaire owners from overseas will not come in and invest to the point where we're a comfortable mid-table championship side with a new stadium, that sort of thing just doesn't happen to OUFC. We all need to calm down. It's the hope that kills you.
If it has, then why not announce it?

It did happen to Bournemouth who were a smaller club than us when they were in L1. It's another town that attracts the super rich who like to moor their yachts off Sandbanks. Even Harry Redknapp has a house down there.

It did happen to Bournemouth who were a smaller club than us when they were in L1. It's another town that attracts the super rich who like to moor their yachts off Sandbanks. Even Harry Redknapp has a house down there.
Yep....old Harry has a house about 5 doors down from the Sandbanks ferry...The most expensive road of Waterfront mansions anywhere in the World! (or it was when this was written https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wi...-dorset-worlds-most-expensive-coastal-street/)

Maybe the "new" owners want to be able to get over here first to do a big presser/reveal at the Training ground and/or site of new stadium :unsure:

What's stopping them now exactly? I thought all restrictions were lifted .

What's stopping them now exactly? I thought all restrictions were lifted .

apparently not for/ in Indonesia ....

Exactly.

Indonesia is a red list country.

Rules on Red list state: "If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK."

So kind of knackered if they are coming from Indonesia!

And I still think that an Indonesian government minister in the middle of his country's large covid outbreak, rapidly rising daily death toll and failing health system (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/indonesia/) announcing he's swanning off to the UK to parade his new football club purchase probably wouldn't be the most sensible thing to do politically speaking!

Exactly.

Indonesia is a red list country.

Rules on Red list state: "If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK."

So kind of knackered if they are coming from Indonesia!

What about those "express lanes" for the super-rich/business folk? ;)

Wait a moment Scotchers
Until an announcement is made not only on who runs the club but what happens to the stadium any comment is valid because we just don’t know.
We could play at another stadium no one knows. We could get planning permission but it might take ten years
What if OGB has a change of heart( presumably because he has a heart transplant)decides to sell the stadium because he desperately needs the money
Nobody can predict what is going to happen. Those ITK people may have been told of a plan but things change
I’m beginning to warm to the underground stadium idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom