General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense tells you that big guns like this don't waste their time and money getting involved unless a new stadium/development is in the pipeline. They just don't bother to get out of bed for anything less. It will be a highly profitable long term venture. I'd imagine like mk dons project. Huge retail rental opportunity.

I would want to build it in the location I want because location is vital and design it exactly how I want.

Common sense tells you that big guns like this don't waste their time and money getting involved unless a new stadium/development is in the pipeline. They just don't bother to get out of bed for anything less. It will be a highly profitable long term venture. I'd imagine like mk dons project. Huge retail rental opportunity.
What they hadn't realised though was that none of the councils round here give a s**t about OUFC. Like you say, people like this don't get involved unless a project is in the pipline. Unfortunately the pipeline is always blocked. Unless they can get the government to step in and force the issue, I can't really share your optimism. Been like this since the Maxwell days.

What they hadn't realised though was that none of the councils round here give a s**t about OUFC. Like you say, people like this don't get involved unless a project is in the pipline. Unfortunately the pipeline is always blocked. Unless they can get the government to step in and force the issue, I can't really share your optimism. Been like this since the Maxwell days.
Totally take your point but they have taken so long to choose a site that I'm sure they have done their due diligence. Like the South oxford local plan 2035 or whatever, nobody wanted it and they passed it anyway and was never going to be rejected

Since the 1960's

Kassam took charge of oxford in 1999, the kassam stadium opened i think in 2001. Not long.

Exactly, all it needed was someone with the finance and desire to finish the project.
And still not f*****g finished and everything done on the cheap as he had other priorities/objectives e.g. his other money ventures couldn’t progress until the stadium was seen as ready. Even the council couldn’t trust him (Kassam) then, and probably still don’t.

Last edited:
And still not f*****g finished and everything done on the cheap as he had other priorities/objectives e.g. his other money ventures couldn’t progress until the stadium was seen as ready. Even the council couldn’t trust him (Kassam) then, and probably still don’t.
The Council wouldn't have had to trust him if it had had the balls to complete the project itself and fill the community's coffers rather than fill his pockets. Still, that's history but I doubt it would/will be any different today.

You are so very wrong with this statement.

The people involved in this are not Kassam or Maxwell, and have not applied a Kassam or Maxwell approach toward the local councillors. Prepare a good business and community case, do your homework properly, treat people with respect and honesty, and...............

Last edited:

The people involved in this are not Kassam or Maxwell, and have not applied a Kassam or Maxwell approach toward the local councillors. Prepare a good business and community case, do your homework properly, treat people with respect and honesty, and...............
I so much hope you are right Colin. We've all been wating so many years for something to be done properly and in the interests of the club and its supporters.

Ok so are there any ITK’s who have genuine knowledge as to if or when this take over is going to happen?

My guess is there will be some community sporting facilities and housing provided to act as a sweetener to the councils.

Things like this have always taken longer in Oxford than other parts of the country. There they realise how important a football club ground etc are important for an area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom