General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the backlash that the PL have received for rushing through the Newcastle takeover has, hopefully only temporarily, put a spanner in the works for Bakrie and Thohir. With people such as Starmer demanding urgent enquiries in to why it was allowed to happen, the EFL might be being extra cautious now as to who it allows ‘in’. Just a thought? Wouldnt be the first time a PL ‘big boy’ has f*cked things up for us....

Edit: And I am in no way comparing our potential owners with Newcastles, in any way shape or form, I hasten to add!

Let's be honest football is alot more complicated behind the scenes now. When Stoke are seen to be a problem with the fair play rule when you have a director paying more tax than anyone in the UK. Let's be honest the league's ruling bodies haven't got a clue. We are in a great period of our history with hopefully much more to come. The only worry is they don't get fed up with us. We just need to find out own billion heir .

I wonder if the backlash that the PL have received for rushing through the Newcastle takeover has, hopefully only temporarily, put a spanner in the works for Bakrie and Thohir. With people such as Starmer demanding urgent enquiries in to why it was allowed to happen, the EFL might be being extra cautious now as to who it allows ‘in’. Just a thought? Wouldnt be the first time a PL ‘big boy’ has f*cked things up for us....

Edit: And I am in no way comparing our potential owners with Newcastles, in any way shape or form, I hasten to add!
I’ve heard it all now!!

I’ve heard it all now!!
You obviously know something the rest of us dont then Uptheus.....

Like so many others on here. Shout down anyone for having the outright audacity to open debate on the current situation. Cant wait for you all to finally spill the beans on what is really going on.

Last edited:
Maybe just maybe the announcement might include the purchase just not of the club but the ground and the Ozone and the dotting of the i’s and crossing of the t’s Is still to be done

Like so many others on here. Shout down anyone for having the outright audacity to open debate on the current situation. Cant wait for you all to finally spill the beans on what is really going on.

There's a real difference between knowing what is happening, and knowing what definitely isn't.

The PL isn't getting a backlash for rushing through a takeover, they're getting one because of the fact that these owners represent an horrendous regime.

There's absolutely no way that one takeover impacts on the other.

Beyond unlikely I would suggest

I don’t know what’s going on as much as the next person.

Just found your suggested reason for the delay quite funny really, but still plausible

Perhaps the delay in an announcement in any shape or form is simply because the club are enjoying reading, and having a good laugh at, the bizarre mixture of opinions on this forum, and as such want to string it out a bit longer....just as likely as some of the other suggestions!

To be honest Im annoyed at myself for getting sucked in to the excruciating thread. Totally bored of it.

Thank god theres a game this weekend

Come on team we need to get this pushed over 100 pages by Saturday.

We discussed the state of the stadium - Action taken.
We discussed the pricing structure - Action taken.

We ARE the supporters panel.

Sorry @Manorlounger no meetings, no talking shops - Action! :)

There's a real difference between knowing what is happening, and knowing what definitely isn't.

The PL isn't getting a backlash for rushing through a takeover, they're getting one because of the fact that these owners represent an horrendous regime.

There's absolutely no way that one takeover impacts on the other.
It's hardly been rushed through it's been going on over a year. Similar time scales to ours.

We could digress and start talking about women?

Are there any in the consortium?
Are they properly represented at a senior level in the club?
Have there been women on the board since Ghislaine? :love:

Think Amy is the most "senior" woman at the Club.

Poor show really.

Are there any in the consortium?
Are they properly represented at a senior level in the club?
Have there been women on the board since Ghislaine? :love:

Think Amy is the most "senior" woman at the Club.

Poor show really.
Ha, I wasn't quite thinking of that! But yes football remains very male dominated. I find it an odd environment as I seem to spend my life surrounded by women, but I guess for some it's part of the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom