General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you might've lost a couple of decades there!

We've been at the Kassam for 20 and North Oxford (and Oxpens and the old BL car plant land inside the Eastern Bypass) were being talked about way before Grenoble Rd was even identified!
No. Robin Herd's first choice was Peartree which was fiercely opposed by Council and local residents alike. Other alternatives may have been considered but Grenoble Road quickly became the only other choice.

No. Robin Herd's first choice was Peartree which was fiercely opposed by Council and local residents alike. Other alternatives may have been considered but Grenoble Road quickly became the only other choice.
Ah, I see. It all seems so long ago now. I do remember really early talk around Oxpens and Cowley and obviously conflated Peartree with the same time period. Whichever way round it happened, it was a massive mess from start to finish!

I would hope that better relations with local authorities/landowners and a streamlined planning process (coupled with infinitesimally deeper pockets) would make this a smoother ride.....

I will still be amazed if we have anything close to shovel ready inside the next 12 months mind.

We will see.

We almost got planning permission to build a stadium at the Garsington Road end of Grenoble Road only for it to be called in and rejected by the Secretary of State for the Environment. This was on the ground that it would spoil the view for residents in Garsington. Apparently the back of Unipart, the car factory and the gas holder is one of the outstanding views around the city. The failed attempt cost United more than £1m in legal fees.

How much did Kassam end up paying Les Wells for his footpath - wasn't it £1.2 million?

And also there was a hefty chunk paid to remove the Morrells covenant wasn't there?

Also seem to remember there were potential contaminated land issues with the stadium site due to years of sewage sludge spreading that land by Thames Water.....I might have mis-remembered that though!

It's a whole new planning landscape in 2021 compared to 1999 when the club were struggling to get the current stadium completed. It won't be easy but will be a hell of a lot easier than in the past.

I think the new season announcement that was signed the board pretty much told us that things had changed, if Tiger was the still the man his name would of been on there as it had been previously. His non existent profile recently says it all.

I think the new season announcement that was signed the board pretty much told us that things had changed, if Tiger was the still the man his name would of been on there as it had been previously. His non existent profile recently says it all.
Would still be good to know!

I’m more interested in the stadium news though.

if Tiger was the still the man his name would of been on there as it had been previously
At this very second, Tiger is still in charge of the club. As he has been for the last three and a half years. He is the boss.

Other board members want his shares, and they might well get those shares. But until any such deal is signed, sealed and delivered, Tiger is absolutely “the man”.

At this very second, Tiger is still in charge of the club. As he has been for the last three and a half years. He is the boss.

Other board members want his shares, and they might well get those shares. But until any such deal is signed, sealed and delivered, Tiger is absolutely “the man”.
Now quite the same now is it?

Tiger used to have the majority of the shares, but not now.

For the best of OUFC. It’ll be best if Tiger went now.

Before certain things became public.

Not sure on the stadium situation but there some serious people waiting with wallets open to get this s**t started.

Don’t be a DE, Tiger..

That isn’t what was said. Tiger is still the person signing off on decisions internally. He is still the chairman and he is still the largest individual shareholder. He is in charge of the football club.

What happens tomorrow, next week, next month or next year is a different issue. He stills runs the club as we sit here now. Any implication that he doesn’t is incorrect.

For the best of OUFC. It’ll be best if Tiger went now.

Before certain things became public.

Not sure on the stadium situation but there some serious people waiting with wallets open to get this s**t started.

Don’t be a DE, Tiger..[/B]

Has he been out on the P**s with Bodin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom