General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

holdsteady

Just read the pre season message and interesting that it’s from the board and not the chairman.

Tomox

Seems to suggest we'll be wearing our third kit on Saturday?

Jolteon

Definitely feels like we're approaching the changeover point. I agree with @Scotchegg that it will be a shame to see Tiger fade into the background or potentially leave. He had a rocky first season, but since then has been a really decent owner who clearly had a genuine love for the club. Hopefully whatever breakup happens the fallout is positive for all involved.

Leysboy

The hard work starts here. I thank Tiger for his dedication and energy and effort he’s put in for our football club. A little embarrassing when he first turned up for that first interview, but nevertheless he’s done a very good job.

He can only take us so far though, and with members of the board that have extremely deep pockets, they are in a position to take this club to the next step, and make us competitive in the championship. A lot of ground work has been put in with an exceptional training facility, and now it’s time to focus on a much bigger on a much larger project (new stadium).

If we can achieve a top six finish this season I will be satisfied, because it’s going to be a very tough slog with a lot of teams looking strong.

Sheik djibouti

Maybe...people are reading too much into it being from "the Board" and maybe, just maybe they were attempting to show unity - ie, this comes from all of us, not just the Chairman?

Jason N

Maybe...people are reading too much into it being from "the Board" and maybe, just maybe they were attempting to show unity - ie, this comes from all of us, not just the Chairman?
Maybe, but how come since Tiger took over "A Message From ...." communications have either been "From Tiger" or "From The Chairman" and NEVER from "From The Board".

Oufcrealist

The hard work starts here. I thank Tiger for his dedication and energy and effort he’s put in for our football club. A little embarrassing when he first turned up for that first interview, but nevertheless he’s done a very good job.

He can only take us so far though, and with members of the board that have extremely deep pockets, they are in a position to take this club to the next step, and make us competitive in the championship. A lot of ground work has been put in with an exceptional training facility, and now it’s time to focus on a much bigger on a much larger project (new stadium).

If we can achieve a top six finish this season I will be satisfied, because it’s going to be a very tough slog with a lot of teams looking strong.
Tiger has only really been a 'caretaker' for the big hitters who have been around for just as long. I think things are moving along now hence the 'board' signature.
Here's hoping!!

n1

I wonder who will write the chairman's notes in the first programme? (Obviously it'll be CW, but will they be signed by Tiger?).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shosho OUFC Boardroom 61
OX14 OUFC Boardroom 2000