General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t getting into a bidding war push the price up and make the ground financially unviable? I doubt our newish owners got rich by paying over the odds. I can’t see it being there if a cheaper piece of land up the road is available.

Wouldn’t getting into a bidding war push the price up and make the ground financially unviable? I doubt our newish owners got rich by paying over the odds. I can’t see it being there if a cheaper piece of land up the road is available.

Depends on wether the cheaper land is developable and wether there is extra costs to build it on said land. The consortium aren't stupid and surely have lots of people looking at every angle. They aren't going to build a white elephant of a stadium on land in wantage just because its cheaper then land on the edge of Oxford.

Depends on wether the cheaper land is developable and wether there is extra costs to build it on said land. The consortium aren't stupid and surely have lots of people looking at every angle. They aren't going to build a white elephant of a stadium on land in wantage just because its cheaper then land on the edge of Oxford.

I didn’t mean Wantage, as an Oxford boy I would be furious if we left the city area but I reckon Stratfield Brake is more like that the golf course, that’s been talked about as houses for longer than I can remember so I reckon it’s already nailed on as an expensive housing development.

I didn’t mean Wantage, as an Oxford boy I would be furious if we left the city area but I reckon Stratfield Brake is more like that the golf course, that’s been talked about as houses for longer than I can remember so I reckon it’s already nailed on as an expensive housing development.

And will said expensive housing development want a football stadium et al dropped over the road?

And will said expensive housing development want a football stadium et al dropped over the road?

To be fair you can hardly moan about something that may well be built before you move in, not that that would stop NIMBYs who not only buy there houses but the surrounding miles around it.

Last edited:
Land already outlined in the local plan as being passed for development will be easier to get permission on and the public consultation won't be in depth as it would green belt land. That group losing the fight against the local plan is a major step forward and its got to be the reason Bakrie was on the radio the other day trying to get Tiger to move over and let them take control.
So they have already bought the land?

I just hope when we get a new stadium wherever or wherever that might be we get one win upgraded toilet nd with four sides also a decent boozer

Exactly when did the Indonesian's mention a new stadium?

Exactly where in that article about developing North Oxford Golf Club does it mention a stadium?

It's fan speculation, never going to happen!

Exactly when did the Indonesian's mention a new stadium?

Exactly where in that article about developing North Oxford Golf Club does it mention a stadium?

It's fan speculation, never going to happen!
Daft thing to say in my view.
How on earth do you know if will never happen?

So they have already bought the land?

You would have to ask someone like @Scotchegg who seems to be the one in the know. It's interesting that North oxford golf course are being paid out by Oxford University at the sum of 2 million to relocate to somewhere else so they can redevelop the site. Didn't someone mention a joint venture at one time. 😜

You would have to ask someone like @Scotchegg who seems to be the one in the know. It's interesting that North oxford golf course are being paid out by Oxford University at the sum of 2 million to relocate to somewhere else so they can redevelop the site. Didn't someone mention a joint venture at one time. 😜
If Oxford University are paying out 2 million for the North Oxford Golf course, I doubt they’re doing it to accommodate a football stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom