General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that for the last few years, shares have been issued by the Singapore holding company rather than the club, it leaves I reckon two potential reasons.
1 - losses are too high for the current rules in league 1 to be covered by loans, but share capital can count in the calculation.
2 - another investor / someone outside of the existing consortium has put some money in

Most likely is 1 I think.

Given that for the last few years, shares have been issued by the Singapore holding company rather than the club, it leaves I reckon two potential reasons.
1 - losses are too high for the current rules in league 1 to be covered by loans, but share capital can count in the calculation.
2 - another investor / someone outside of the existing consortium has put some money in

Most likely is 1 I think.
Or 3 - the owners pumping money into the club are receiving new shares and Tiger is being diluted.

Or 3 - the owners pumping money into the club are receiving new shares and Tiger is being diluted.
That's already been happening in the Singapore holding company.
Some £11M of new shares have been issued since Tiger took over to both him and the other shareholders, and more recently some of Tiger's and Empire's shares have been transferred to the other shareholders.
So the question is, why now are they issuing new shares directly in OUFC, rather than the holding company, and who to?

Some £11M of new shares have been issued since Tiger took over to both him and the other shareholders, and more recently some of Tiger's and Empire's shares have been transferred to the other shareholders.
So the question is, why now are they issuing new shares directly in OUFC, rather than the holding company, and who to?

Does it dilute the holding of other shareholders in OUFC? I assume it does and not sure how important that is anyway.

Well Oxford Investment Holdings currently have approx 2.5 million ordinary shares which is a 99% interest. So if the shares are issued to them, everyone else’s is diluted, but they were very small % to start with.

What would be interesting is if the new shares aren’t issued to OIH. That would then dilute them from 2.5m shares to 2.5m of total 4m

Still reckon it’s simply OIH injecting capital to meet FFP or whatever it is in L1.

Would seem likely. Isn't OIH the football company and the Singapore company for the property?

Would seem likely. Isn't OIH the football company and the Singapore company for the property?

OUFC is (or was) owned 99% by OIH. The new property company I don’t think has announced the ownership yet , I think it is still the basic incorporation shares.

I suppose the key question is will OUFC own any shares in PropCo?

according to Companies House website
New finance director appointed - Grant Scott Ferguson
A "Resolution of allotment of securities" document has been registered, but is not yet publicly available.

Could it be that the 200 year lease in SB is apparently being granted to OUFC? As to whom they are being granted, presumably to those who are putting up the cash to build the development who will want the lease to secure their investment.

Last edited:
according to Companies House website
New finance director appointed - Grant Scott Ferguson
A "Resolution of allotment of securities" document has been registered, but is not yet publicly available.
Not strictly true.

Although Grant has been appointed a Director, and he's listed as a Chartered Accountant, he's not the club's Finance Director, that role is carried out by Tim Davies.

Not strictly true.

Although Grant has been appointed a Director, and he's listed as a Chartered Accountant, he's not the club's Finance Director, that role is carried out by Tim Davies.
"Between 2014 and 2017 Grant served on the board of Italian football club Inter Milan" = the time when Bakrie and Thohir were involved.

"Between 2014 and 2017 Grant served on the board of Italian football club Inter Milan" = the time when Bakrie and Thohir were involved.

This Inter Milan? :oops:

I hate to be a harbinger of doom but that doesn`t look particularly rosy to me.

Still, its only 00000`s on a spreadsheet - until someone wants theirs back....

More info on our new Board member (and the ongoing make-up of the Board) in last night’s OxVox email following their meeting with Grant Ferguson.

More info on our new Board member (and the ongoing make-up of the Board) in last night’s OxVox email following their meeting with Grant Ferguson.
It all sounds pretty positive

• React
Reactions: MJB
This Inter Milan? :oops:

I hate to be a harbinger of doom but that doesn`t look particularly rosy to me.

Still, its only 00000`s on a spreadsheet - until someone wants theirs back....

When did Erick, Ferguson, etc leave Inter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom