General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno what his injury status is over the past couple of seasons but if fit and healthy I'd definitely sign pack he would be a decent player in our league

I still think we need a back up site, the thought of if Stratfield Brake gets refused means we may end up going bust doesn't sit right with me.
There may well be contingency in the background. The one thing you don't want to do is make that public. You don't want to make it a multi-way battle, much easier for the no group to argue against if there are options (you already see that given they see staying at the current stadium as an option).

Yeah, but we lured Simon Heslop, Asa Hall and Tom Craddock away from them, so who’s the REAL winners here, huh?
I was flicking around the sports channels on Saturday evening and realised that was the same Asa Hall still playing for Torquay. Even more amazingly, he's only 35 - I thought he was that age when he played for us.

I was flicking around the sports channels on Saturday evening and realised that was the same Asa Hall still playing for Torquay. Even more amazingly, he's only 35 - I thought he was that age when he played for us.

Kanu-esque.

If you can imagine it, it has probably crossed the mind of those charged with the search for a new site and I doubt they have taken the attitude that "We'll sort that out later, let's crack on with the announcement". Obviously I don't know, but I would expect that agreements have already been made.

I don't want to sound too complacent over this - you never know if a decree signed by Henry IV imposing a ban on "the playing of foteball within one halv of one league of anye thorowfair used fore the movements of beasts and powltrys" is going to surface, but I think we can be happy that the known stumbling blocks have already been tackled.
OH NO!!!!! You've done it now, you Oxymoron, you! A certain Mr. Middleton will be going through all of Henry IV's decrees at this very moment, hoping to lay his hands on that very document.

Why is Bakrie calling it a tough season rather than a progressive one? We finished with more points than the last one, after all.

What hope do we have under his ownership if he doesn’t know how to properly measure success?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bakrie certainly moves in high profile circles, COP 22, Musk, Davos etc. Hope he isn't spread too thinly for us.
On the contrary, I hope he is, and appoints a Director of Football type to run the club in his stead. Then we would be in a position to make transfers and other important decisions without calls to Thailand at 3am local time like we have to with Tiger currently.

Can't help but feel that extra step between the two continents is hindering us, and we could do with some more autonomy in those regards.

Why is Bakrie calling it a tough season rather than a progressive one? We finished more points than the last one, after all.

What hope do we have under his ownership if he doesn’t know how to properly measure success?

Maybe your post was being sarcastic but if not I think yes we got more points than previous seasons but it’s league position that measures success as it’s in the context of the leagues strength for that particular season and we were 8th best so I agree with bakarie, not good enough

Why is Bakrie calling it a tough season rather than a progressive one? We finished with more points than the last one, after all.

May be because we just missed out on the play offs when at one point it looked a certainty at the least e.g. as in tough to come to terms with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom