General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more remote than Grenoble Road

Is it? Next to BMW/ Unipart, Walkable from Cowley /Blackbird leys/Woodfarm and Horspath, Train line behind due to be reopened. Obviously the road network isn't as great as Stratfield brake and the railway line isn't on a main line but its no worse than the kassam location. If the choice was build a stadium there or ground share/go bust I know which one I would choose.

could the traing ground be a back up plan in case stratfield plans fail? :unsure::unsure:
I have said this before on many occasions that the area where Pressed Steel used to play which is owned by BMW would be worth looking at
Any planning permission would nodded through because it’s on a brownfield site. The railway runs right next to it
. I’m sure an agreement could be made with BMW regarding parking

I have said this before on many occasions that the area where Pressed Steel used to play which is owned by BMW would be worth looking at
Any planning permission would nodded through because it’s on a brownfield site. The railway runs right next to it
. I’m sure an agreement could be made with BMW regarding parking

Unipart was used for parking for our Man City game and the speedway also use it. We surely need a back up incase Stratfield Brake gets refused

I
Unipart was used for parking for our Man City game and the speedway also use it. We surely need a back up incase Stratfield Brake gets refused
can’t believe we haven’t looked into this.
Forgot the Unipart parking , that would make sense as well

We surely need a back up incase Stratfield Brake gets refused
I'll say it again. Planning decisions are not about local opinion. The planning committee has to follow national rules & protocols and if the application meets these, they are obliged to pass it. If they don't, the planning Inspectorate will. There is no appealing a decision to allow development but refusals can be challenged at every step.

I'm sure our guys have employed smart enough people to ensure that every box is ticked, even to the point of having already had pre-application discussions to ensure that there is nothing ambiguous in the documents wich are eventually submitted.

I'll say it again. Planning decisions are not about local opinion. The planning committee has to follow national rules & protocols and if the application meets these, they are obliged to pass it. If they don't, the planning Inspectorate will. There is no appealing a decision to allow development but refusals can be challenged at every step.

I'm sure our guys have employed smart enough people to ensure that every box is ticked, even to the point of having already had pre-application discussions to ensure that there is nothing ambiguous in the documents wich are eventually submitted.

Yeah but its always good to have a back up plan in my opinion,

I'm not in the know at all but I imagine the main hurdle will be getting the two councils to surrender their leases on Stratfield Brake.

As far as I'm aware their are no break clauses in these leases so we will need to get them on side.

The Stratfield break site runs at an operating loss of 160k I believe, and that is a cost to kidlington and water Eaton tax payers, so this can be used as a big incentive.

Planning will no doubt drag on for a while, but the main objections seem to be about it being green belt.

And when you look at the areas of land surrounding kidlington, the Stratfield brake plot of land is relatively small compared to other proposed housing developments.

If there are plans to make this development as carbon neutral as possible and thought given to protecting or enhancing the wild space around the stadium then the environmental impact can be very low and no reason Biodiversity cannot actually be improved, considering that Biodiversity isn't benefited by the existing sports fields anyway.

I accept that with the level of wealth the board collectively have, throwing several million at Oxford United is the same as me buying a scratchcard.

However, it's not how much is being spent but where its being spent that's important. Investing in the training ground is an unnecessary expense unless you expect to use it for many years to come. Investing in the youth set up is another unnecessary gamble, especially with the difficulty in bring players through under the ridiculous squad limitations.

If the board only wanted to have a little fun with their train set while waiting for the stadium deal then you'd think that they'd go for high profile players and immediate success to boost their egos while they can. Their money, time and effort is largely going unseen, which gives me confidence that they are looking at the long term interest of the club over short term glory.
But would they want promotion with all the extra costs associated with that without planning for a new stadium, hence not going all out to get high profile players!

But would they want promotion with all the extra costs associated with that without planning for a new stadium, hence not going all out to get high profile players!
I really don't get this 'would they want promotion ' line.
There is huge additional revenues with promotion.
Wycombe lived within their means in the Championship ( were what 2 points off staying up) and that allowed them to get in Voges this season.
Unless I am being whooshed, of course they want promotion

Any club anywhere wants promotion.
More revenue
Bigger Attendance
More season tickets sold
Better sponsorship deals

Seven years ago Luton were non league, they are now in the playoffs to get to the top tier
Do you think their Board thought seven years ago, hmmm don’t want promotion it could cost us ?

More revenue
Bigger Attendance
More season tickets sold
Better sponsorship deals

Seven years ago Luton were non league, they are now in the playoffs to get to the top tier
Do you think their Board thought seven years ago, hmmm don’t want promotion it could cost us ?
Very true, every club would take promotion and will strive to be up the table as far as their means cam get them.

What will differ is ambition, at the moment we are giving Karl a budget to get around the playoffs and he is doing a good job at achieving that, and promotion through the playoffs will be the aim if that's where we are.

I do think as the stadium development gains momentum the board will gradually increase the budget though, but that's just my opinion.

More revenue
Bigger Attendance
More season tickets sold
Better sponsorship deals

I was looking at the Luton’s success the other day. Have they had an injection of cash from owners? Or has it been down to a really well run club?

They’ve done everything it’s reasonable to do. Not getting the desired return on the money is not the same as not spending it in the first place.

The owners are clearly out for promotion and everything they’ve done over the last year backs it up.

I was looking at the Luton’s success the other day. Have they had an injection of cash from owners? Or has it been down to a really well run club?

Very good recruitment, and that’s down to Mick Harford. Elijah Adabayo from Walsall for example.

Looks like a few things are already happening...
I was at the training ground tonight for an under 16s friendly match.
Lots of pre season work already going on with existing pitches being dug up and drainage being installed.
I was told by several sources that there are plans to replace with some high quality pitches and also a floodlit 4G pitch.
Exciting times ahead!
Also, I was pleased to see Mr Robinson there watching the first half of the under 16s game.
The board have paid £1.4 million for pitch enhancements at the training ground.

I'm not in the know at all but I imagine the main hurdle will be getting the two councils to surrender their leases on Stratfield Brake.
If you can imagine it, it has probably crossed the mind of those charged with the search for a new site and I doubt they have taken the attitude that "We'll sort that out later, let's crack on with the announcement". Obviously I don't know, but I would expect that agreements have already been made.

I don't want to sound too complacent over this - you never know if a decree signed by Henry IV imposing a ban on "the playing of foteball within one halv of one league of anye thorowfair used fore the movements of beasts and powltrys" is going to surface, but I think we can be happy that the known stumbling blocks have already been tackled.

The latter according to a LTFC supporting friend of mine. Massive effort from every player in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom