General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only ever spoke to Brian Horton and David Moss once.
Popped in to see my old mate Mick Moore’s for a cup of tea.
Told him one of the players trained with us on Tuesday night,. turned up again for training Thursday, where I asked him to take the session.
Had Kidderminster res on Saturday and he was in the changing room looking for a game.
Sat on the bench and totally involved was first class.
Ended up under the beech road stand, where Horton was doing sit ups but seemed pleased with what I had to say.
Just said f***king play him.
Don't really understand what you are saying but sure its a good story 😀

Only ever spoke to Brian Horton and David Moss once.
Popped in to see my old mate Mick Moore’s for a cup of tea.
Told him one of the players trained with us on Tuesday night,. turned up again for training Thursday, where I asked him to take the session.
Had Kidderminster res on Saturday and he was in the changing room looking for a game.
Sat on the bench and totally involved was first class.
Ended up under the beech road stand, where Horton was doing sit ups but seemed pleased with what I had to say.
Just said f***king play him.
No one understands this. Who are you, what team , what player?

Sorry first team player suspended by the club , trained with us Tuesday and took training Thursday.
Wanted to play Saturday, but the club were worried about issues, insurance etc.
Sat alongside myself and subs, was a pleasure to sit by and really top bloke.
Ended up having to explain to Brian Horton, who seemed impressed with the players attitude and said what he said.

Sorry first team player suspended by the club , trained with us Tuesday and took training Thursday.
Wanted to play Saturday, but the club were worried about issues, insurance etc.
Sat alongside myself and subs, was a pleasure to sit by and really top bloke.
Ended up having to explain to Brian Horton, who seemed impressed with the players attitude and said what he said.
Who’s ‘us’?

I think what is needed at times here is for all of us to remember that there is one thing we all have in common, that being that we all want this to work and to be sipping a pint in a swish supporters bar, in a swish stadium, watching a successful team play attractive football. Yes there will be differences in opinion on progress/how things are being communicated, and some comments will upset others at times, but we all want the same end result (hopefully). With some (more) patience we will get the news we want in the not too distance future and then we can shift conversation to more positive and exciting items. COYY.
Completely disagree. I want a good old fashioned spit and sawdust supporters bar with Ale directly out the barrel and a sticky floor lol

Can we keep to the subject please, have we been taken over yet, it’s all very odd, ITK posters, any newwwwwwwww???

Well, I’m trying my best to be patient but even I’m thinking it’s time for a little bit of an update from someone on where we’re at with all this. I assume all is well and on track?

I would think it would be very beneficial to have it all in place before we get to the January transfer window.

Well, I’m trying my best to be patient but even I’m thinking it’s time for a little bit of an update from someone on where we’re at with all this. I assume all is well and on track?

I would think it would be very beneficial to have it all in place before we get to the January transfer window.
It was meant to be in place by the end of the last transfer window so I wouldn’t hold your breath

I don't think it is telling tales out of school to say the takeover was discussed at the OxVox AGM.

What seems to be happening is that the EFL ask for bits of documentary proof. This then has to be found and sent. There is then a pause while they review and approve that. Once that's done they will get back to the club and ask for some other documents etc. These then have to be sorted out (and they won't necessarily be in English or easily available to anyone other than those directly involved), potentially translated and sent over. And rinse and repeat. What with everything else that's going on (both for the EFL and those buying the club) this ends up being a protracted affair, with delays on both sides at various stages. I think it was also mentioned that those involved would have to come for a face to face meeting with the EFL before anything was ratified - they are being much more careful about who they let buy a club (not a bad thing IMO). So although this is all taking an unconscionably long time, it's not as straightforward a process as I thought it was.

I don't think it is telling tales out of school to say the takeover was discussed at the OxVox AGM.

What seems to be happening is that the EFL ask for bits of documentary proof. This then has to be found and sent. There is then a pause while they review and approve that. Once that's done they will get back to the club and ask for some other documents etc. These then have to be sorted out (and they won't necessarily be in English or easily available to anyone other than those directly involved), potentially translated and sent over. And rinse and repeat. What with everything else that's going on (both for the EFL and those buying the club) this ends up being a protracted affair, with delays on both sides at various stages. I think it was also mentioned that those involved would have to come for a face to face meeting with the EFL before anything was ratified - they are being much more careful about who they let buy a club (not a bad thing IMO). So although this is all taking an unconscionably long time, it's not as straightforward a process as I thought it was.
Paul did say he had been trying to find out things but apart from what you have written there wasn’t much more to be said.
It is frustrating and I think those documents are now with the EFL so hopefully we may get to know by Christmas.

Or. No one has actually got round to filing the proposed takeover to the EFL yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom