General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Brian Horton could come and sell his book at the Kassam one day and talk about takeover uncertainty?
Funny enough he does come to one or two of our games each season and sits in the Directors Box. Nice bloke and an underrated manager.

He obviously takes a genuine interest in Oxford ... On Tuesday, at 9.19pm he tweeted "A great cup win for the U's" !!

I seem to remember that when Brian Horton was in charge, for a long period we didn't lose by more than 1 goal!
Strange memory i know.

Amazing how entitled we were back then, he did a fantastic job keeping us competitive in what is now The Championship with a side that played some bloody good football.
He was reminiscent of Karl in that we played good football with wingers and did well at home, but we were rather feeble away and the ‘good old boy’ types didn’t like him. Then he was headhunted to manage Man City.

In those days people thought exactly the same about Horton and Man City. Absolutely nobody would have called that.
I think the gap between Oxford United and Manchester City in 2021 is a little bit bigger than it was 30 years ago, but if you’re sure then I look forward to seeing Kevin De Bruyne doing a job at right back in the near future.

I’m off to look at some old cars today.

I think the gap between Oxford United and Manchester City in 2021 is a little bit bigger than it was 30 years ago, but if you’re sure then I look forward to seeing Kevin De Bruyne doing a job at right back in the near future.

I’m off to look at some old cars today.
Ha ha, not sure I quite said that!!

Only ever spoke to Brian Horton and David Moss once.
Popped in to see my old mate Mick Moore’s for a cup of tea.
Told him one of the players trained with us on Tuesday night,. turned up again for training Thursday, where I asked him to take the session.
Had Kidderminster res on Saturday and he was in the changing room looking for a game.
Sat on the bench and totally involved was first class.
Ended up under the beech road stand, where Horton was doing sit ups but seemed pleased with what I had to say.
Just said f***king play him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom