General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes totally get that. Not quite your age but catching you up quickly!
Like you I remember a lot of the promises and let downs. Most of those were when the Councils seemed to be pretty anti oufc ( I believe that has changed a lot) and owners without the real financial backing (Herd, Leneghan, Eales), or didn't care less ( Maxwell, Kassam).
I believe that this is different though ( I believe the comments from Colin and a couple of others)
All we can do is remain patient but like you I want to live to see us in the Championship in a new ground.
This hits the nail on the head in my opinion. I am 52 and have watched Oxford since 1983 and seen many false dawns both on and off the pitch but this time everything feels different as you say. Councils seem more onside, laws around green belt are different now and our owners are hugely richer than anything we have had previously.

Yes totally get that. Not quite your age but catching you up quickly!
Like you I remember a lot of the promises and let downs. Most of those were when the Councils seemed to be pretty anti oufc ( I believe that has changed a lot) and owners without the real financial backing (Herd, Leneghan, Eales), or didn't care less ( Maxwell, Kassam).
I believe that this is different though ( I believe the comments from Colin and a couple of others)
All we can do is remain patient but like you I want to live to see us in the Championship in a new ground.
I’d be happy to be in a new completely finished stadium in any league above Conference level to be honest

Not sure if that's aimed at my earlier comment to Bazzer, but what I said is "a little more patience." Emphasis on the word little.

By the way, I'm 65, so if it works for me, why shouldn't it work for you?
Colin

Not aimed at anyone, I’m just frustrated but you like me have been through so many false promises with this club on the ownership side
I’m not sure if you were as close to things back then as you are now but what makes you think these guys are the real deal? I understand you can’t say too much but you do seem convinced but with my cynical hat on I was with Herd and then Lenegan.
I never trusted Maxwell or Kassam

Also I do thank you for what input you do give but you can see where a lot of us older fans are coming from

Not sure if that's aimed at my earlier comment to Bazzer, but what I said is "a little more patience." Emphasis on the word little.

Easy. Because you have something tangible to hold on to in terms of knowledge.

We, the plebs, have the square root of feck all.

65 wow, 😊another one of us supporters of a certain age that want to see us somewhere better and ( I think nigh on impossible ) to see us as a sustainable champion club.
Patience is for the younger generations we been patient for decades now 😊

I'll reply to @The mighty Aldo and @Essexyellows in the same post if you don't mind chaps.

Look, I have to be very careful what I say on a public forum, for obvious reasons, so please excuse me if this sounds like more vague promises, but I'll try to give you the courtesy of a reply and hope it does the job.

In terms of what is different this time, I have first hand knowledge of much more than I say on here, and a lot of very detailed and positive work has already been done, far more than people realise, but it can't quite be made public yet. The people involved, the climate we're operating in, and the means to make it happen have never been better.

I'm a fan, just like both of you, so the last thing I'd do is sell fans down the river, and the second last thing I'd do is jeopardise the club's future, which is why I really can't say any more.

Hopefully you can take this in the spirit it's intended and it helps in some small way to put yours, and other fans' minds at rest a little?

I'll reply to @The mighty Aldo and @Essexyellows in the same post if you don't mind chaps.

Look, I have to be very careful what I say on a public forum, for obvious reasons, so please excuse me if this sounds like more vague promises, but I'll try to give you the courtesy of a reply and hope it does the job.

In terms of what is different this time, I have first hand knowledge of much more than I say on here, and a lot of very detailed and positive work has already been done, far more than people realise, but it can't quite be made public yet. The people involved, the climate we're operating in, and the means to make it happen have never been better.

I'm a fan, just like both of you, so the last thing I'd do is sell fans down the river, and the second last thing I'd do is jeopardise the club's future, which is why I really can't say any more.

Hopefully you can take this in the spirit it's intended and it helps in some small way to put yours, and other fans' minds at rest a little?

I`m not aiming at you @Colin B and thanks again for cautiously saying what you can see, but what riles most of us SIAB`s is the lack of anything from our club.

Us, those plebs that throw money at them every season, every week - their customer base.

How far down the list of priorities are we?

That is what is missing and harming the relationship to an immeasurable level.

And no having the Supporters Panel certainly doesn`t cut it.

Thank you for that Colin, I would say that I think these guys do have clout. I was unsure of Tiger at the beginning but when the others came on board I thought this could be good
I think the problem for all of us who don’t get to hear what is going on is the length of time it’s taking.
To be honest it feels like one of KR’s comments”I want to get my business done early” and we all know what that means our first choice centre half joins just before our first game !!!!
I take you at your word and we will wait and see but one further question
Is the go ahead on the ground dependant on the change in the board and will it be a joint announcement?
I will now not comment further until we have some positive news.
Thank God says Scotchers, Colin et al

Thank you for that Colin, I would say that I think these guys do have clout. I was unsure of Tiger at the beginning but when the others came on board I thought this could be good
I think the problem for all of us who don’t get to hear what is going on is the length of time it’s taking.
To be honest it feels like one of KR’s comments”I want to get my business done early” and we all know what that means our first choice centre half joins just before our first game !!!!
I take you at your word and we will wait and see but one further question
Is the go ahead on the ground dependant on the change in the board and will it be a joint announcement?
I will now not comment further until we have some positive news.
Thank God says Scotchers, Colin et al
I'm sorry, but I'm really not at liberty to answer that.

Sounds more than reasonable to me, and also respect to Colin for putting this out there - shows there have been comms now with the fans, and also compromises nothing with a deal(s).

All this talk of new owners and takeovers is wrong. Am I not correct in saying that the same four/ five people will still own the shares but the main shareholders have already changed. If this is wrong please tell me but I want proof not just chat because as far as I see it it is no more than playing a waiting game for those of us not ITK. @CoinB/Scotegg and I can’t remember the others may wish to comment on my post!!

Last edited:

Colin, when do you expect the new stadium to be ready?

Colin, when do you expect the new stadium to be ready?
Come on Colin, at least tell us the colour of the seats...

Where is the Michael Duberry statue going?

When is the ice rink being demolished and the construction of the 10 storey underground carpark beginning?

Has planning been accepted for the direct monorail line linking every major town to the stadium too?

Boy I hope I'm not going to be disappointed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom