Considering moving to Non League ground

No it's obvious you haven't got the point, this was a fans forum not Oxvox.
Why are Oxvox driving to get a fans forum, this should have not been about Oxvox but about the fans, you should of been sat on the fans side asking the questions to the club, you should of been pushing them for answers for your membership along with all the questions asked by the other fans attending.
Did I read you said you were answering the fans question, why? are Oxvox now part of the club?
I read that Oxvox collated the questions to forward the club, did you vet the questions, why are you doing this?
In my view by driving this forum and the way this was run, it aligns you with what the club says rightly or wrongly and give credence to what was said and compromising your impartiality.

As for insinuating anything, I would tell you straight that I think you backed the wrong horse and could be hung out to dry, if that was the case.

Why are Oxvox driving to get a fans forum, this should have not been about Oxvox but about the fans, you should of been sat on the fans side asking the questions to the club, you should of been pushing them for answers for your membership along with all the questions asked by the other fans attending.
Did I read you said you were answering the fans question, why? are Oxvox now part of the club?
I read that Oxvox collated the questions to forward the club, did you vet the questions, why are you doing this?
In my view by driving this forum and the way this was run, it aligns you with what the club says rightly or wrongly and give credence to what was said and compromising your impartiality.

As for insinuating anything, I would tell you straight that I think you backed the wrong horse and could be hung out to dry, if that was the case.

OxVox pushed for a Fans Forum because they were asked to by their members. They've already explained that.

I think I understand the point quite well. For some reason you seem intent on proving to this forum that OxVox have wilfully gone out to bring forward the FF with the implication it was to illicit/support the statements that were made there. I did offer you the chance to PM me as you seemed concerned I/we might be being 'watched' here but given that you seem keen to stay here I'm a little confused as to how you are helping in that respect. Be that as it may, to address your points in some sort of order;

Why are Oxvox driving to get a fans forum, this should have not been about Oxvox but about the fans

Slightly emotive language but I wouldn't have said we drove anything. We were asked by several of our members when the club would have a forum and told that it was well overdue. When in a meeting with Tiger and Niall the subject came up and they said that they would have one at some point when the training ground was finished. We merely passed on our members opinion that one was overdue and that it may be better to have one sooner. They agreed and began organising a date.

No you didn't, or if you did it was out of context. When answering members/fans questions to the club I/we have only ever meant getting them answered by the club. I am loathed to use @Sarge as an example again but most on here know him to be an honest and impartial poster and most know he asks more questions than most and I am sure he would confirm that when he asks a question of the club that he has to wait (often too long sadly) for us to go to the club, get the answers, write them up and pass them back. So no, we don't answer for the club and no, we are not part of the club, plain and simple. Also we did not vet any questions. As we had been in meetings with the club before the FF many of the questions had been answered then. We felt given that we have a certain amount of access to the club that other fans don't it was unfair for us to monopolise what was always going to be a short Q&A session with questions we already had the answers to or could find out via email within the next few days.

The crux of our discussion I think. You are saying we are backing the 'wrong horse'. Is the club the wrong horse? Is Mr Kassam the right horse? I had actually been in email contact with Mr Kassam a couple of months ago and we managed to push forward a fantastic project at the club. I did at that point suggest that we met to discuss ways to push the stadium situation forward. I have not heard back yet but I am hoping that meeting can be arranged. We backed no horse in either of these instances. We did and will always do what we feel is best for our members, the fans and our club. The only reason I have gone to such pains to challenge your comments is that for all the hours of work myself and the rest of the OxVox committee have put in I know we value our impartial position and our duty to our members and the wider fan base incredibly highly.

OxVox pushed for a Fans Forum because they were asked to by their members. They've already explained that.
Should these fans not be pushing the club?
Is not the FF a club led entity.
When IL did his bullet point FF it was all from the clubs perspective, everyone else was on the outside.

I think I understand the point quite well. For some reason you seem intent on proving to this forum that OxVox have wilfully gone out to bring forward the FF with the implication it was to illicit/support the statements that were made there. I did offer you the chance to PM me as you seemed concerned I/we might be being 'watched' here but given that you seem keen to stay here I'm a little confused as to how you are helping in that respect. Be that as it may, to address your points in some sort of order;

Why are Oxvox driving to get a fans forum, this should have not been about Oxvox but about the fans

Slightly emotive language but I wouldn't have said we drove anything. We were asked by several of our members when the club would have a forum and told that it was well overdue. When in a meeting with Tiger and Niall the subject came up and they said that they would have one at some point when the training ground was finished. We merely passed on our members opinion that one was overdue and that it may be better to have one sooner. They agreed and began organising a date.

No you didn't, or if you did it was out of context. When answering members/fans questions to the club I/we have only ever meant getting them answered by the club. I am loathed to use @Sarge as an example again but most on here know him to be an honest and impartial poster and most know he asks more questions than most and I am sure he would confirm that when he asks a question of the club that he has to wait (often too long sadly) for us to go to the club, get the answers, write them up and pass them back. So no, we don't answer for the club and no, we are not part of the club, plain and simple. Also we did not vet any questions. As we had been in meetings with the club before the FF many of the questions had been answered then. We felt given that we have a certain amount of access to the club that other fans don't it was unfair for us to monopolise what was always going to be a short Q&A session with questions we already had the answers to or could find out via email within the next few days.

The crux of our discussion I think. You are saying we are backing the 'wrong horse'. Is the club the wrong horse? Is Mr Kassam the right horse? I had actually been in email contact with Mr Kassam a couple of months ago and we managed to push forward a fantastic project at the club. I did at that point suggest that we met to discuss ways to push the stadium situation forward. I have not heard back yet but I am hoping that meeting can be arranged. We backed no horse in either of these instances. We did and will always do what we feel is best for our members, the fans and our club. The only reason I have gone to such pains to challenge your comments is that for all the hours of work myself and the rest of the OxVox committee have put in I know we value our impartial position and our duty to our members and the wider fan base incredibly highly.
I will be back to correct some of the things you have said.

Should these fans not be pushing the club?
Is not the FF a club led entity.
When IL did his bullet point FF it was all from the clubs perspective, everyone else was on the outside.
This is a bit odd LR. I'm not quite sure what the problem is? Some fans asked (though OxVox, which is the only fans collective available) if the club could hold a fans forum - which quite a few people (presumably both OxVox members and others) wanted. They mentioned the requests to the club, the club obliged because they were intending to hold one anyway to show off the new training ground but that has over run so they were consequently late with the fans forum. There seems to be no hidden OxVox agenda here, just responding to requests. What the club say/reveal/admit/deny/hide at the forum is surely up to them rather than some sort of conspiracy with anyone else. Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

My original point was why was the FF brought forward when the club had important announcements in a few weeks time, as I say it was Oxvox who brought the FF forward and Tiger had to change his travel arrangements to accommodate.

So you are saying in your private meetings with the club officials leading up to the FF you didn't discuss the FF agenda on those days?
I'm intrigued as it was put on here that there would be some interesting news coming out at the FF, that was prior to that forum from person in the meetings with you.
I don't call guess the 5 prospective stadium sites as big news, that was my original gripe why have the meeting before there was some real news to announce, instead of Oxvox taking the leading role.

No you are wrong on the "wrong horse", and I believe time will hopefully reveal what I meant.

The word I used was watching, meaning when committee member posts officially or person views on a social media platform they should be mindful of what they put in the current situation, that is from my Oxvox members perspective.

My original point was why was the FF brought forward when the club had important announcements in a few weeks time, as I say it was Oxvox who brought the FF forward and Tiger had to change his travel arrangements to accommodate.

So you are saying in your private meetings with the club officials leading up to the FF you didn't discuss the FF agenda on those days?
I'm intrigued as it was put on here that there would be some interesting news coming out at the FF, that was prior to that forum from person in the meetings with you.
I don't call guess the 5 prospective stadium sites as big news, that was my original gripe why have the meeting before there was some real news to announce, instead of Oxvox taking the leading role.

No you are wrong on the "wrong horse", and I believe time will hopefully reveal what I meant.

The word I used was watching, meaning when committee member posts officially or person views on a social media platform they should be mindful of what they put in the current situation, that is from my Oxvox members perspective.

I see no corrections to the very full answer I gave and frankly we are just clogging up a thread now. I would also question what I have said to compromise my position as vice chairman of OxVox? I am happy to chat to anyone on OxVox matters, at games, on here or on PM. I offered you that option too. I am not sure what you are alluding to but if it's in the best interests of the club why not message me and I promise I will act on it. Otherwise it just seems like you are here to push an agenda in public. If that's the case, I will leave you to do that but when you question my personal integrity or insinuate OxVox is being less than impartial or misleading it's members, I am liable to challenge that. Once again, the offer to PM me and speak your mind is always open.

Surely this is rubbish? OxVox asked for a Fans Forum. Pretty easy for the club to say Tiger wasn't available, or (maybe privately) that they had some things to say that would be better in a few weeks, that they would rather wait until the training ground was ready or that it was inconvenient in such a busy week etc etc. How could OxVox 'bring the FF forward' without the club and Tiger being happy to do so? Can you explain, because (as a member of OxVox) I would really like to know what you are alleging?

Last edited:

Why don't you say what you mean with regard to the wrong horse comment?
Like others on this thread I don't really get what you are trying to imply so why not come clean and tell us?

If you t
Surely this is rubbish? OxVox asked for a Fans Forum. Pretty easy for the club to say Tiger wasn't available, or (maybe privately) that they had some things to say that would be better in a few weeks, that they would rather wait until the training ground was ready or that it was inconvenient in such a busy week etc etc. How could OxVox 'bring the FF forward' without the club and Tiger being happy to do so? Can you explain, because (as a member of OxVox) I would really like to know what you are alleging?
If you think so fine, but OxVox made the comment not me.

Why don't you say what you mean with regard to the wrong horse comment?
Like others on this thread I don't really get what you are trying to imply so why not come clean and tell us?
I’m not implying anything with that comment, I think you boys are getting the wrong end of the stick and getting twitchy for no reason.

I see no corrections to the very full answer I gave and frankly we are just clogging up a thread now. I would also question what I have said to compromise my position as vice chairman of OxVox? I am happy to chat to anyone on OxVox matters, at games, on here or on PM. I offered you that option too. I am not sure what you are alluding to but if it's in the best interests of the club why not message me and I promise I will act on it. Otherwise it just seems like you are here to push an agenda in public. If that's the case, I will leave you to do that but when you question my personal integrity or insinuate OxVox is being less than impartial or misleading it's members, I am liable to challenge that. Once again, the offer to PM me and speak your mind is always open.
That’s fine, you were the one who said you were taking to answer my comments, if you want to duck out no probs we will leave it there.
I can’t see how we are clogging up a thread on a FF thread talking about it though.
As for sending you a PM, really this is a public forum to air what you like and it gets to a “greater” proportion of the fan base so people can expand on the discussion if they want, it’s all part of the fun, no secret stuff from me..

I’m not implying anything with that comment, I think you boys are getting the wrong end of the stick and getting twitchy for no reason.
I am not getting twitchy.j am one of I guess many on here who are not remotely ITK.
So when people imply things and make insinuations it would be good if they were straightforward and say what they think (I believe time will hopefully show what I mean). Why don't you simply say what you mean. Then we will all see!!

I think you are backing the wrong horse, that implies that oxvox have taken the wrong side in the argument doesn’t it?

That’s a fair enough stance to take, I think where people have a problem is it’s written almost as if you have some information that you are holding back, as has been said if you have inside information either post it or don’t allude to it.

If it’s just your own opinion fair enough, just make that clear, nearly everyone on here is completely in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom