Considering moving to Non League ground

TBH the current site is probably best, esp if they open the rail line. Just need to sort the ownership and develop the stadium. A lot less pain than looking for a new site in one of the most expensive parts of the country.
You are right.
But there is the Kassam factor ....

Whilst we all would love a new ground I think we need to focus on Aquiring the one we have. I certainly wouldnt want the tai gentlemen negotiating us out of the lease. We have no assets to strip but a pay off from the kassam could be huge.
The lease which is a curse round our necks is also a very big saving grace for the long term future of the club we cant be moved on if we keep paying it and will always have a home albeit a crappy one.

Whilst we all would love a new ground I think we need to focus on Aquiring the one we have. I certainly wouldnt want the tai gentlemen negotiating us out of the lease. We have no assets to strip but a pay off from the kassam could be huge.
The lease which is a curse round our necks is also a very big saving grace for the long term future of the club we cant be moved on if we keep paying it and will always have a home albeit a crappy one.
At present I think you are correct in your post as the most likely is purchasing the Kassam although I think we have to set a time limit say May 20 and after that accept we won’t own it.whilst having done some work on alternative sites. We could also look at a possible non league ground whilst in Wycombe tomorrow.?????

I have to say need a promotion chasing team with some fire and,passion before worrying about a ground !! All the speculation is fine and I enjoy reading it but languishing at the foot of the table needs a long challenging change around first. If god forbid we stay there and go down very soon we could have a very nice non league ground again lol

I have to say need a promotion chasing team with some fire and,passion before worrying about a ground !! All the speculation is fine and I enjoy reading it but languishing at the foot of the table needs a long challenging change around first. If god forbid we stay there and go down very soon we could have a very nice non league ground again lol
But part of the reason we are struggling financially is all the lost income from the stadium which between rent, service charge(for what I have no idea) the quadrangle and not making any money through the snack bars in the ground plus not being able to utilise catering/ hospitality in the ground fully. The lost money through the above at our current level would significantly increase our chances of progression to the next level.

But part of the reason we are struggling financially is all the lost income from the stadium which between rent, service charge(for what I have no idea) the quadrangle and not making any money through the snack bars in the ground plus not being able to utilise catering/ hospitality in the ground fully. The lost money through the above at our current level would significantly increase our chances of progression to the next level.
I think you will find purchasing the stadium (£13m) ground improvement (£2m) 4th stand (£4m) yearly service charge (£300k) it will take many a year and many a hot dog to actually start turning owning the ground into a viable business proposition.

SD went through all this on here in detail, there is NO business sense behind buying the stadium in the current guise.
The cheap option is how it is now, for all the chuntering of the fans about the stadium, it's the club owners past and present who see the business sense in it for them and cut their cloth accordingly.

Football us full of ups and downs.
Oxford Luton have been in the Conference but have made it back up to League one. There are numerous examples.
That doesn't mean that the ground isn't important. If we ever get to the Championship we need to be able to build fourth stand and develop it (and we are one division away).
No team can forget the ground as they have had a bad first 8 games.

I think you will find purchasing the stadium (£13m) ground improvement (£2m) 4th stand (£4m) yearly service charge (£300k) it will take many a year and many a hot dog to actually start turning owning the ground into a viable business proposition.

SD went through all this on here in detail, there is NO business sense behind buying the stadium in the current guise.
The cheap option is how it is now, for all the chuntering of the fans about the stadium, it's the club owners past and present who see the business sense in it for them and cut their cloth accordingly.
That may be the cheap option (but not cheap) but is not a long term solution. If Kassam let's the ground go like he is doing there will be a stage where people stop going (I believe it is happening)
All of the club owners have all stated how the current situation doesn't work for the club. No key has resolved the issue, but nobody seriously believes that the current situation is sustainable?

As a follow up Oxvox seemed to come up with potentially some good ideas. They certainly didn't simply accept the current situation as the only option.

That may be the cheap option (but not cheap) but is not a long term solution. If Kassam let's the ground go like he is doing there will be a stage where people stop going (I believe it is happening)
All of the club owners have all stated how the current situation doesn't work for the club. No key has resolved the issue, but nobody seriously believes that the current situation is sustainable?
So what have you actually said ?

What is the solution ? buy the ground that doesn't make business sense, stay as we are but it upsets some fans ? move to somewhere else where even more money has to be found to buy the land and build the stadium and probably out of Oxford which is will upset more fans.

As I said all the chuntering from the fans is just that, there is no real solution unless you can get FK on board to improve the ground situation, that won't happen while the expensive ongoing saga of arbitration is rolling along.

I’m sorry but to say that FK is easy to work with is easy to say when you are no obstacle to him squeezing even more money out of a situation. FK led Oxvox up a long winding path which for a period of time gave him some positive press. He never had and never will sell the ground if he can see a way of capitalising on it.

Interestingly I would love to see what his next move would be if Tiger did sign the renewal of lease and he continued to play the hardball game that DE started. FK custodianship of the ground has been awful and at some stage it’s going to cost him large amounts to make up for it if we continue to play there

Get the ginger ninger evans involved after all he bought his own radio station...virgin...who knows a nice fund raising round the rich with his help might pay off

Although I have to say the 2 new appointed directors are a very shrewd move and are here for a straight forward purpose ... the first being the stadium saga .... the thai airlines stadium coming up !

So what have you actually said ?

What is the solution ? buy the ground that doesn't make business sense, stay as we are but it upsets some fans ? move to somewhere else where even more money has to be found to buy the land and build the stadium and probably out of Oxford which is will upset more fans.

As I said all the chuntering from the fans is just that, there is no real solution unless you can get FK on board to improve the ground situation, that won't happen while the expensive ongoing saga of arbitration is rolling along.

Staying at the ground in the current situation isn’t ever going to help the club go forward though is it? In truth it’s just going to see the club die slowly, we wont attract enough new fans to replace the natural wastage of older ones, in these image conscious times attracting youngsters with all the competing things to do is hard enough without the problem of playing in an unfinished decaying ground.

At some point the ground problem has to be addressed, the last move has turned into a disaster though so we have to get whatever we do right, and we can’t keep kicking the can down the road forever.

today were visiting arguably the best non league stadium in the football league currently.... I really wouldnt fancy ground sharing with them though

Staying at the ground in the current situation isn’t ever going to help the club go forward though is it? In truth it’s just going to see the club die slowly, we wont attract enough new fans to replace the natural wastage of older ones, in these image conscious times attracting youngsters with all the competing things to do is hard enough without the problem of playing in an unfinished decaying ground.

At some point the ground problem has to be addressed, the last move has turned into a disaster though so we have to get whatever we do right, and we can’t keep kicking the can down the road forever.
I think it is the only viable short option, I know everyone has an opinion on FK but let’s see where Tiger & co will get with their endeavours with him, there will be stuff going on behind the scenes which won’t be in the public domain!

Two rumours I’ve heard today is a serious look at developing CPF ( not sure if that was for long term or interim use) and redeveloping the Greyhound/speedway stadium. Not sure if they would be at all viable but it would be interesting to know the square meterage of the footprints of each place and compare that with what’s required for a decent stadium with parking.

Two rumours I’ve heard today is a serious look at developing CPF ( not sure if that was for long term or interim use) and redeveloping the Greyhound/speedway stadium. Not sure if they would be at all viable but it would be interesting to know the square meterage of the footprints of each place and compare that with what’s required for a decent stadium with parking.

Greyhound stadium surely too small in terms of infrastructure and being boxed in on all sides.
Court Place Farm depends on the owners of the field to the east and the willingness or possibility of buying out/moving/incorporating the Oxsrad centre.
Anyone got the phone number of a nice farmer in the vicinity?

Back
Top Bottom